Equitable Life of Canada

Equitable Life of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great and supportive place to work
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Like any company they have their positives and negatvies, however, I would say that they are probably one of the best companies I've worked for. I work in a supportive environment with great staff and a wonderful manager.
Software QA
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 24, 2014
Equitable Life provides Group and individual Insurance in Canada and US. This project involves the
development of adding new functions in their existing BMS Legacy system. The New function is the
Addition of Flex process so that people who have insurance with the company has more flexibility to
choose benefits individually rather then there employer – more... select the benefits for them.
• Responsible for deliverables, developing the Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and detailed Test Cases, based on the Use Case Documents, Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
• Reviewed the architecture of the application and understood the requirements of the project
• Created Test scenarios based on Functional requirements and provided them to the Business Analyst for Sign-off.
• Created Test cases in Quality Center test plan tab and mapped to requirements
• Mapped the Test cases to the requirements using Requirement coverage tab in Quality Center
• Performed Sanity testing by executing Sanity test cases on newly received application builds in QA environment
• Provided build acceptance confirmation to the project members of successful Sanity testing
• Performed Cross Browser testing on different browser to check the compatibility of the application with the browsers
• Performed Regression testing on the new build after defect fixes and code enhancements
• Created defect reports and provided to the management
• Handling coordination of offshore, onsite team activities, regular interaction with Client, providing them project status, daily and weekly reports, discussions on issues and dependencies.
• Provided daily execution and defect reports to QA lead using customized reports from Quality center.
• Environment: Agile methodology, BMS, HP-QTP & QC, VB Script, HTML, XML, DHTML, Oracle, SQL, MS – less
Excellent Employer
Group Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: company benefits, company team building, flexible hours
During my 5 years at this place of employement I truly felt a sense of teamwork in such a large company. A typical day at work consisted of assisting clients in a number of ways. Applying the knowledge obtained to answer questions and enter data appropriately into the computer. We relied on working together as a team to maintain a healthy working relationship. – more... As a team we worked together to create the ultimate client experience from helping one another with a problem to engaging in team building exercises. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team building company events. For example, company bbqs to company wide adopt-a family programs. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. One in which although was stressful at times, taught me a lot and left me with a sense of accomplishment at the end of everyday. – less
Working at a Regional Office wasn't the best - didn't feel connect with head office
Regional Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: no wage increases
Enjoyed working with the managers, local offices and learning a new industry.

I also enjoyed traveling and getting out of the office for industry events and regular routine calls.

I enjoyed the hours and having a balance between work and life.
Good workplace
Senior Data network Analyst/Architect (Current Employee), waterloo, onNovember 15, 2012
Enjoyable atmosphere
Nice people
I've learned many things
good company
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 21, 2012
work at Corporate Actuarial:
CALM, Business plan, DCAT, DAC, Assumption change, experience studies, stochastic modelling,