Equitable Life of Canada Employee Reviews

helpful staff
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2015
busy, helpful staff that are always willing to help
co workers are great, good communication, good work life balance, good vacation and benefits
Great place to work at!
Actuarial Co-op (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 November 2015
I enjoyed my time at Equitable Life. It has a very down to earth culture, and it is easy to get to know the company. It is a very inclusive culture. However, I felt that advancement opportunities were limited, but otherwise it is a very great place to start your career!
Pros
Great people, culture, and many learning opportunities
Cons
May lack manpower for some jobs
Great Place to Work
Health & Dental Claims Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2015
Great employer, provide customer service daily, discuss employee benefits, problem solve daily, respond to 50+ emails daily and between 65-100+ phone calls regarding benefits inquiries
My Review
Eastern Regional Group Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 December 2014
My review of my current work place is amazing - i have been with this company for over 20 years. I love coming to work everyday. I especially love working with all my co-workers as well. My job is quite interesting as we deal with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Skill Drills are exciting, family orientated environment
Cons
n/a
Great and supportive place to work
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2014
This is a great company to work for. Like any company they have their positives and negatvies, however, I would say that they are probably one of the best companies I've worked for. I work in a supportive environment with great staff and a wonderful manager.
Software QA
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 July 2014
Equitable Life provides Group and individual Insurance in Canada and US. This project involves the
development of adding new functions in their existing BMS Legacy system. The New function is the
Addition of Flex process so that people who have insurance with the company has more flexibility to
choose benefits individually rather then there employer select the benefits for them.
• Responsible for deliverables, developing the Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and detailed Test Cases, based on the Use Case Documents, Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
• Reviewed the architecture of the application and understood the requirements of the project
• Created Test scenarios based on Functional requirements and provided them to the Business Analyst for Sign-off.
• Created Test cases in Quality Center test plan tab and mapped to requirements
• Mapped the Test cases to the requirements using Requirement coverage tab in Quality Center
• Performed Sanity testing by executing Sanity test cases on newly received application builds in QA environment
• Provided build acceptance confirmation to the project members of successful Sanity testing
• Performed Cross Browser testing on different browser to check the compatibility of the application with the browsers
• Performed Regression testing on the new build after defect fixes and code enhancements
• Created defect reports and provided to the management
• Handling coordination of offshore, onsite team activities, regular interaction with Client, providing them project status, daily and weekly reports, discussions
  more... on issues and dependencies.
• Provided daily execution and defect reports to QA lead using customized reports from Quality center.
• Environment: Agile methodology, BMS, HP-QTP & QC, VB Script, HTML, XML, DHTML, Oracle, SQL, MS
Excellent Employer
Group Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 July 2014
During my 5 years at this place of employement I truly felt a sense of teamwork in such a large company. A typical day at work consisted of assisting clients in a number of ways. Applying the knowledge obtained to answer questions and enter data appropriately into the computer. We relied on working together as a team to maintain a healthy working relationship. As a team we worked together to create the ultimate client experience from helping one another with a problem to engaging in team building exercises. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team building company events. For example, company bbqs to company wide adopt-a family programs. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. One in which although was stressful at times, taught me a lot and left me with a sense of accomplishment at the end of everyday.
Pros
Company Benefits, Company team building, flexible hours
Working at a Regional Office wasn't the best - didn't feel connect with head office
Regional Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2013
Enjoyed working with the managers, local offices and learning a new industry.

I also enjoyed traveling and getting out of the office for industry events and regular routine calls.

I enjoyed the hours and having a balance between work and life.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no wage increases
Good workplace
Senior Data network Analyst/Architect (Current Employee) –  waterloo, on15 November 2012
Enjoyable atmosphere
Nice people
I've learned many things
good company
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 August 2012
work at Corporate Actuarial:
CALM, Business plan, DCAT, DAC, Assumption change, experience studies, stochastic modelling,

4.4