equinox

equinox Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very poor management system
Fido -VP agent (Former Employee), Qc, MontrealDecember 1, 2014
Pros: i could take a break whenever i wanted.
Cons: not enough hours!
scheduled hours would be cut due to "list being done" very unprofessional when it came to giving "coaching" overall worst job i ever had. did not try to work with me for scheduling hours.
nice place
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 13, 2014
this job improve my knowledge about customer service.
and make you become more friendly with people around arround and this job gives you a lot of skills and gives you a better futur i mean it teaches how buissnis work and i gain a lot benefits from equinox
Fido Sales Representative
sales representative (Former Employee), Cote-De-Liesse QCJuly 8, 2014
I start off by turning on the computer at my desk. I prepare my script and get ready to answer calls. Everyday, the goal was to reach at least 15 sales a day.

I learned how to sympathize with customers and help them with their issues. I also learned how to come up with instant rebuttals to ensure that the customer does not get any negative feelings towards the products.
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJune 17, 2014
long hours good people learnt to be patient with people over the phone learnt who to use a computer system management was nice and my co workers were alright.
not a fun environment to work
call center (Former Employee), cote de lieseJune 24, 2013
Pros: coworkers were amazing
Cons: no benefits, employees work like slaves, no respect towards employees
employees were controlled like slaves,
always lied about benefits
never gave our rights in commissions
lied employees by telling we'd get 150$ in we recruted more employees. never got the $$$ promised
worked over 40 hours always seems to get less then what we were suppose to get as paychecks
Great people
Coach and agent support (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJune 21, 2012
Pros: flexability
Cons: salary
Equinox is second to none when it comes to staff and employee the management team are fantastic
Enjoyed
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Enjoyable environment.

Worklife balance is a positive.

Good experience.
Fun workplace with amazing coworkers
Membership Adviser (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Equinox is an amazingly fun culture. There's not much better than working in a fitness club. However, it's an extremely numbers-driven job with really, really high expectations, and even when you get a sale, you're not guaranteed commissions, which is unfortunate. You constantly feel like you're fighting against the numbers and the corporate offices. If the base were more than $12,000/year, that might not be too terrible, but our base salary is not even remotely livable, so when you don't hit your numbers or don't get all your commission, it's sometimes hard to live.For that reason, there's a lot of turnover at the bottom. That being said, if you stay long enough, take the risk, and build a business, you can make A LOT of money, but that certainly requires time and practice in the position.

Sidenote: the c-suite of the company is amazing. Very few companies can say their VP and CFO know the names of every sales associate in the company nation-wide, and we can. Our managers are amazing, because they've all been in our position, and for that reason can be really supportive and helpful.
Great Learning Experience
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2014
• Completed over 50+ hours of in-house education through Equinox Foundations Training Institute (EFTI)
• Building client base through conducting fitness assessments and demonstrating the value of personal training, including safe and proper exercise techniques. Using the information gathered from assessments, I prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on a client’s goals.
• Motivate and inspire clients to get results through goal setting, frequent follow-up, and re-assessments to show progress.
• Providing hospitality to all members; handing out towels, setting up special events, giving out stretch sessions, offering spots, correcting movements and offering variations.
Great environment
Food Service Director/Chef (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 9, 2014
It was a pleasure to work with people, showing them how to cook and eat nutritious food. It was a pleasure to go to work every day.
Fun place to work, relaxed happy feel
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare
typical day varies
learned a lot
management is good to exelent
co-workers are great
hardest part of the job is the long hours and tiring work.
improving peoples lives
HIGH Pressure membership sales
Membership Sales Advisor (Former Employee), West Hollywood, CANovember 10, 2014
GREAT location and place to work! Monthly sales goals very high pressure! Comission is ok, bonus' can be great.
Awesome Company to Work For
Membership Advisor (Former Employee), pasadena caOctober 27, 2014
Love this company. Amazing co workers and loved the company culture.
Opportunity to grow professionally and personally
Team Lead Quality (Former Employee), DelhiOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free goodies
Cons: comp offs
 Conducting calibration calls with clients to discuss the performance of the sites.
 Preparing the Quality dashboard data and delivering it to the process owner.
 Defining the KRA's (Key Responsibilities Areas) for the associates.
 Maintained the agent Quality Performance Tracker.
 Responsible for building effective working relationship with internal and external customer.
 Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
 Improving overall quality of service and increasing customer delight levels.
 Achieving overall productivity and targets of the team.
 Conducting refresher trainings and sharing regular updates.
 Preparing the Quality dashboard data and delivering it to the process owner.
 Defining the KRA's (Key Responsibilities Areas) for the associates.
 Maintained the agent Quality Performance Tracker.
 Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements
False Advertising the Job
Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 17, 2014
They only promote within. If you are planning on applying for a managerial role then you are wasting your time!
Rewarding position, with a pleasant work environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 7, 2014
I learned a great deal about training while working here. Interacting with management and other staff was always pleasant and it was an enjoyable work environment
High Turnover
Former Employee (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: salary, advancement, management
Company culture is not pro employee. Low employee morale. Low pay. Poor management. Micro Management style.
i am great at marketing services and products of all kinds, As massage therapist i am fun
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), 150 East 54th StreetOctober 1, 2014
Pros: the general manager was a great guy that one could go to with their problem.
Cons: short breaks, compensation was low, and to many manager, that come and go always tree people with a bit of disrespect and attitude
I would greet members as day walked in and market are services. I would preform massage services. I would clean and organize the spa.
Busy and Fun
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Great place if you enjoy teamwork and challenges. A lot of energy and great teams.
Good job.
Materials Control/International Traffic Manager (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: friendly, small company.
Equinox provided with the opportunities for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About equinox

It’s not work. It’s life. Discover inspiring career opportunities and unlimited potential for growth at Equinox. – Read more