equinox

equinox Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not a fun environment to work
call center (Former Employee), cote de lieseJune 24, 2013
Pros: coworkers were amazing
Cons: no benefits, employees work like slaves, no respect towards employees
employees were controlled like slaves,
always lied about benefits
never gave our rights in commissions
lied employees by telling we'd get 150$ in we recruted more employees. never got the $$$ promised
worked over 40 hours always seems to get less then what we were suppose to get as paychecks
Great people
Coach and agent support (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJune 21, 2012
Pros: flexability
Cons: salary
Equinox is second to none when it comes to staff and employee the management team are fantastic
Good place
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: long hours
Clock in set up the spa check the books for what massages you have if no massage ,give out complementary chair massage for 5 minutes and assessments on gym members, or buddy up with a trainer and stretch there clients these were ways to help bold clientele. co works great, management ok.
Great start for a retail career
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), EquinoxApril 9, 2014
My first years with Nordstrom were key. They had us through a very detailed training program!
great place to work
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch, 401k, a/c, great co-workers
laid back come in and start pulling orders, how to build kits and do receiving, great management and co-workers, unloading a packed truck, the 1hr lunches.
Money/Greed driven not health focused
Yoga Advisor Pure Yoga West (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free yoga classes, beautiful building, free classes at soul cycle; got to take classes during shift
Cons: pressure, no transparency; no room for dialogue between management and staff; consumes your life
Though this company is pretty clear that it is "luxury fitness" being a full-time staff member here is far from luxurious. Sure, you get to take nice showers and enjoy free towels- but being pressured constantly to be dishonest to clients and focus only on money really detracts from any feeling of community or "health". I was a "Yoga Advisor" for Pure – more... Yoga for 8 months and there was nothing yogic about this job. Had to incessantly call and email potential clients to sell $180 memberships which in this bad economy is nothing short of ridiculous.

There was nothing active about this job and had to sit at a desk underground with no windows for nearly 60 hours a week. The money was alright if you are a shark and can hit your personal goals (which never reflect your experience. The month I started my goal was the same as the Sales Manager who had been there three years.) One week a month I had to work 12 hour days emailing and calling- I am sorry stalking- clients to sign up for memberships.

If you are actually fitness minded or a yogi in anyway being an administrative staff member for Equinox or Pure Yoga will not only drive you crazy but make you question the business in general. If you are focused only on making good money without accountability- you'll find success in this company that encourages competition between staff.

Also- the fact that they refuse to pay their maintenance staff more than minimum wage- people who toil physically for long hours with their bodies and will pay sales staff who sit on their butts all day upwards of $60,000 will always be insane to me. Those people are the ones working- be fair. – less
No life
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2014
It is the top tier gym throughout the nation, but as trainer, not a great place.

You practically have no life, you're required to be at the gym 10hours a day, if not you're there at 5am till 10am and the come back in at around 3pm till 8pm.

Overall, IT IS a salesman job, you need to sell yourself and repeat it over and over again.
Great Company - No Work Life Balance
General Manager Orange County (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2014
California clubs burn through people, no job security, it is all about production - one day a superstar the next day your not
Working With the Best in the Business
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: you will live a happy life
Cons: low pay
Equinox is purely the best there is in fitness. The training program gets you ready for everything you will encounter in the personal training industry and beyond. This company teaches you not only about how to become effective the the fitness industry, but give you skills that you can carry over into many other industries. They teach you to set yourself – more... up like a business and how to succeed as a business. The team at Equinox is also the most synergistic I have ever seen in a large team. They really promote the power of teamwork and its effects on the individuals involved. This job was truly the most fun I have ever had at work day in and day out. – less
Equinox
Facilities Area Manager (Former Employee), NYCDecember 10, 2013
It was a great learning experience. It was very hands on and technical.
Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2013
I taught spin class for multiple gyms. At one point I was up to teaching six classes per week.
clean gym
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: dont pay staff enough
I like it, learned a lot, it is a good place to work out at. Good people who really care about each other.
Fun and beautiful atmosphere and people
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: being healthy and helping others transform their lives.
Cons: long days and hrs with down time
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what I love most, which is transforming lives in a warm, rewarding, and aesthetically beautiful environment. Transformation comes not only through communication, education, and experience but as a commitment to empowering others. I love helping and providing the empathy to understand we all have obstacles – more... to changing our lives. However, it is an art and a science to being a caring trainer. It takes being committed and making our health and fitness makes our lives more fulfilling, more productive, and increases our chances of living a longer and healthier life. As a trainer, I can transform not only bodies, but also minds and spirits. By educating, motivating and encouraging my clients to make time for their health, it brings a feeling of happiness that is rewarding for making a positive change in someones life. That why Equinox lives up to it's motto: " It's not fitness, It's life." – less
A fantastic place to work
Head of HR (Current Employee), LondonAugust 16, 2013
Pros: the people
We are working in a challenging environment and have had to make difficult decisions as a result.
Equinox Behind the Scene
Membership Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2013
Pros: free personal training, massages, lunches, spa services, and membership
Cons: hours and demand on your life is horrible
10-12 hr days.
Learned enhanced sales skills and communication.
Management always available.
Co-workers have become great friends.
The hours, work/life/schedule balance is horrible.
My favorite part of working for Equinox is the perks and environment.
No work life balance or job security
General Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2013
Pros: free work outs
Cons: everything else
Long hours, no positive reinforcement. High goals, High pressure. Co workers were encouraged to be so competitive that there was no trust.
Great group of people working at a top-notch facility
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 19, 2013
Equinox is a wonderful gym with impeccable facilities. The on-going education is a big plus.
Fun and Diverse work environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2013
Pros: education, networking
Cons: compensation
Equinox is a fast growing and top of a line company. At Equinox co worker share a togetherness. You learn team work, ambition, and dedication. Also, Equinox taught me how to be proud of me and my product. The people that work at Equinox are typically cool, hip, friendly, and diverse people. Its a great work environment!
learned about collection
Collection agent (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 11, 2013
Pros: learned new things
Cons: night shifts
made a lot of friend. rotational shifts......................
Excellent experience
Writer (Former Employee), Keene, NHMay 29, 2013
Pros: free pizza
I was reluctant to start writing for the paper, but when I realized I needed to pad out my resume before graduation, it seemed the logical choice. The more I wrote for the paper, the more I grew to love it.

1 2 3

About equinox

It’s not work. It’s life. Discover inspiring career opportunities and unlimited potential for growth at Equinox. – Read more

equinox Photos