Equinox Engineering Employee Reviews

Average place to work
Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Small to medium size company average place to work, not so good benefits. and limited chances to advancement. Not so great team work get limited help from seniors,
No advance in this company
Lead piping designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 November 2016
This company will use you and not pay you very well. They talk about moving you to bigger jobs but they keep you always in the same position, never really willing or wanting to help you advance your career.
Pros
Free coffee, life work balance
Cons
Poor managers, no help from senior personnel, not willing to look at promoting within company
design out of sequence, Poor management.
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
This is not a place for engineers, all they need is your stamp, you as a engineer will be the last one to receive information or sometimes you see the scope just few days before IFC. Some PEs work closely with designers, but keep engineers out of the loop. So engineers only get timely information when they luckily work with a real professional designer. The department head simply has no soft skills for the position, treated the department members with no respect, not sharing project information with the team, no overview of workload and manpower. The former department manager was much better. The management know all of these but they are hesitant to take actions. This company is cheap, but both the company and the stamping engineers are taking huge risk, I believe the same for the client. Think twice before you apply.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Design things out of sequence, poor management.
Respectful and Professional
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
I found Equinox Engineering to be professional and respectful in every way. I was totally impressed with all aspects of the company's values. Not only do they have good strong values but they stand behind them.
Not many companies like this.
Pros
Supportive in all aspects of the hiring and training process
Worst company to work
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Equinox is the worst company I ever worked for during the last 13 years. Many of my relatives as well as friends already told me the same about this company but I didn't agree until I had my worst personal worst experience with this company.
Great people and atmosphere in Core group
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
Equinox is divided into 2 complete separate entities, the Major projects and the core group. I was part of core and we dealt with smaller projects. All my experience and ratings are based on this small group and the dynamics of how it works. Its a fast pace environment with a lot of friendly coworkers and close relationship with your and other teams and supervisors. A good place to learn and gain experience while having a fun and productive work environment.
Good people, good management, poor job security
Senior Project Engineer- Project Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2015
If you are looking for a place to work and produce for a couple of years it is OK.

If you are looking for stability, forget it, this company is quite unstable.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
No stability of job security
Unprofessional engineers
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  calgary12 May 2015
Mechanical dept is in horrible hands,Unprofessional engineers only know how to copy from previous project,
Quote the man-hours with less man-hours and skip all steps of Engineering,No Dept. Procuedures and nobody is willing to make one for the betterment of the company.

Feels clients will come back somehow and the problems can be solved automatically at site
Pros
No pros
Cons
Earlier project Copy Masters, Unprofessional Managers and Engineers, no procedures
Good working environment.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2015
This is a great company to work in. However job security might be an issue due to the instability of the market.
My supervisor is an excellent person, great to deal with.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
So so job stability
Productive and fun
Project Engineer/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  calgary20 March 2013
great place to work just had no job security there,works and my boss were great to get along with, high sence of fun, easy to get along with any one there
Posting Fake Positions
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2014
They keep on posting jobs and fake positions just to give indication that they have projects and they are working.