Equifax

Equifax Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Business and familly oriented
Global Business Bilingual Customer services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: fun and enthusiastic coworker
Cons: late shifts
People are very socially intelligent, tolerant and fun to work with. Its very professional however one barely feels any pressure.
It was a great company to work for. We had lots of fun and laughs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Canvid Data Services, Scarborough, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: learning about different people and making lasting friendships and gaining work experience.
Cons: feeling a bit exhausted after a long day.
The job entailed a lot of data entry, because I mainly processed application cards from companies like The Bay, and Simpsons. It was a part-time position, and I got to meet several people from all walks of life and learn from them. I was a full-time student during the day while I worked at Equifax. If one of us was about to fall asleep behind the computer, – more... the others would nudge that person. Most part-time workers at Equifax worked at other jobs or attended school during the day. It was my second job in Canada and my first office job experience. The hardest part was staying awake at the computers past 8:30 p.m. I drank coffee to stay awake. The most enjoyable part of the job was the jokes that some data entry clerks would give. We also made each other laugh if they were beginning to get sleepy. We worked as a team. That's what I enjoyed the most. We had a very strict but great supervisor. That caused us to be more productive. She understood if we had an extreme emergency.

Canvid Data Services was a branch of Equifax Canada. There I learned to input codes to get the correct information. There I worked with one other employee and management. We got along perfectly. Canvid dealt with the insurance part of Equifax. We did the cleaning-up if people had one accident and the insurance companies told them they had had three or four accidents. Of course, we did an intense investigation first, then did the cleaning-up of the files, so people could drive to and from work. – less
Where I am now
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: close to home!!
Cons: no place to move up!!
I enjoy challenges, but too many executives changes and now all higher management positions are in Toronto. No place to move forward in the organization other than moving.
#1 service provider
Supervisor / System Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2013
Enjoyed starting my career out college here and gaining all the experience required to lead it off in the right direction.
Sold Commercial Credit reports to existing Clients (Account Management)
Commercial Senior Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 6, 2013
Pros: the clients, account management and money
Cons: on the phone all day long
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Equifax. I was an account manager there and was promoted to senior account manager before leaving. I was able to speak to customers all over Canada and educate them about the reports they were using, how they were using them and cross sell them on other products that may be useful to them. My co-workers were fantastic – more... and it was a fun environment. The hardest part of the job was having a new manager every year and sometimes those managers were working from different countries. – less
computer & desk job
Personal Debt Collector (Former Employee), toronto, ONNovember 13, 2012
made collection calls & arranged payment.
followed through the calls & payments
Not really any perk at collection agency
Licensed Collector and Tracer (Former Employee), CollecterOctober 1, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: shift work and weekends
Collection and pulling credit files. answer phones.
Leaner how to read a credit file .
Management was good.
Co- workers were good.
Contact,and contacting people to collect debts.
People you meet through the work place.
Good starting place.
Collector/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 29, 2012
Work was what you made it. I learned computer skills. Management was ok. Co-workers were pretty good. Hardest part living on minimum wage at the time. Most enjoyable part working with minimal supervision.
Efficient and Productive work place
Technical Support (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioMay 17, 2012
Highly efficient and productive work place, with ample opportunity of learning and knowledge not limited to application/database/network support but also the infrastructure.
It is an interesting place to work
Control Data Management Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2012
Pros: we were given a free barbeque in the summer
Cons: we never had to work long hours
Updated tradelines, collections, bankruptcies and non sufficient funds
Assist CDMS and Group Supervisor when necessary
Answer all calls from members concerning their accounts
Investigated and updated requests from internal and external customers, in order to maintain an accurate and updated database at all times
Handled all customer complaints and concern
Supported – more... collection and legal department by updating information – less
environnement très désagréable
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2013
C est très gros très impersonnel après toi y en d autre et de plus t es un numéro et je n accepte pas de me faire jurer après
tres agreable
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 31, 2012
Pros: aider les client
Cons: garde calme le client qui est tres fache
Recevoir des appels verifier si la fiche correspont bien a le client .
Donner les procedures pour la mettre a jour

About Equifax

Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and – Read more

Equifax Photos