Equifax Employee Reviews

Expreience
Canada Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 October 2017
Equifax was a great company to work for, paid training and great people to work with. Canada operations went to the US, and closed jobs here in Halifax.
Tough Sales Culture - Lacking vision
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2017
Equifax was a tremendous place to work, grow and acquire skills. Since 2015, the sales culture has degraded signficantly. Great people, poor culture..
Pros
Flexibility and benefits
Cons
Long hours, toxic culture
Marketing
Senior Product Leader, Identity & Fraud (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Equifax has a good work life balance. Product management is an exciting and challenging field, and never a dull moment. I've been able to implement multiple ideas for operational efficiency, as well as better client & employee engagement.
Good Company
IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Great company to learn and gain knowledge. If you land into a good team.
People do not share information easily and low level employees are afraid of making mistakes. employee empowerment is missing
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Overall team and independent work environment
Credit Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Ability to multi-task and handle numerous customers request-internally and externally in a professional and timely manner. As a result,I was able to meet Company's expectations with regards to cash collected .

Teamwork was very evident among the collectors resulting in win-win situation for the department and company as a whole
Benefits are good, able to work remotely
Senior Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC23 January 2017
There was a great deal of culture change in the 9 years I was there. Some for the better some not. Colleagues were great to work with. Always a lot of work with offshore (awesome people)
Focused on the meeting customers needs
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
Great environment for career development

A typical day will have you working with internal and external clients

Good balance of travel and personal life
Good Company
Big Data Analyst/Automation Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 December 2016
They are using new Tech but new to Agile and they didn't really pay high. Good company to work, nice people. And a lot of thing can be learned from here
environnement de travail positif
Responsable des enquêtes de crédit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2016
Ce fut une belle expérience de travailler chez equifax belle ambiance de travail
Challenging work and co-operative team members
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Learned Project management skills
Ability to co-ordinate with multiple changing requirements in the project
Initiated project communication and resolved conflicts and compatibility issues between Client systems and Development capabilities
Excellent
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2016
Equifax Canada is a great company to work for. Has good benefits and training. Income potential is great depending on your ability to perform.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Nil
Productive and challenging workplace
Mainframe Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
Fulfill projects; check your deliverables and timelines; coding, testing and implementation; peer, manager and project manager interaction

Learned new programming language (PL/1); and tools (SYNCSORT, FILE-AID, ENDEVOR, CONNECT:DIRECT)

Supervisor is generous in sharing knowledge; helpful teammates.

Work from home is discouraged.

Flexible time.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Work from home is discouraged.
Great Work/Life Balance
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2014
Equifax allows for a great environment for people who are both parents and Career driven, where the company is very flexible on that level and provide possibility to work from home when required.
Pros
Work from Home
Business and familly oriented
Global Business Bilingual Customer services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2014
People are very socially intelligent, tolerant and fun to work with. Its very professional however one barely feels any pressure.
Pros
fun and enthusiastic coworker
Cons
late shifts
It was a great company to work for. We had lots of fun and laughs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canvid Data Services, Scarborough, ON4 September 2014
The job entailed a lot of data entry, because I mainly processed application cards from companies like The Bay, and Simpsons. It was a part-time position, and I got to meet several people from all walks of life and learn from them. I was a full-time student during the day while I worked at Equifax. If one of us was about to fall asleep behind the computer, the others would nudge that person. Most part-time workers at Equifax worked at other jobs or attended school during the day. It was my second job in Canada and my first office job experience. The hardest part was staying awake at the computers past 8:30 p.m. I drank coffee to stay awake. The most enjoyable part of the job was the jokes that some data entry clerks would give. We also made each other laugh if they were beginning to get sleepy. We worked as a team. That's what I enjoyed the most. We had a very strict but great supervisor. That caused us to be more productive. She understood if we had an extreme emergency.

Canvid Data Services was a branch of Equifax Canada. There I learned to input codes to get the correct information. There I worked with one other employee and management. We got along perfectly. Canvid dealt with the insurance part of Equifax. We did the cleaning-up if people had one accident and the insurance companies told them they had had three or four accidents. Of course, we did an intense investigation first, then did the cleaning-up of the files, so people could drive to and from work.
Pros
Learning about different people and making lasting friendships and gaining work experience.
Cons
Feeling a bit exhausted after a long day.
Where I am now
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 August 2014
I enjoy challenges, but too many executives changes and now all higher management positions are in Toronto. No place to move forward in the organization other than moving.
Pros
Close to home!!
Cons
No place to move up!!
#1 service provider
Supervisor / System Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2013
Enjoyed starting my career out college here and gaining all the experience required to lead it off in the right direction.
Cons
Sold Commercial Credit reports to existing Clients (Account Management)
Commercial Senior Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Equifax. I was an account manager there and was promoted to senior account manager before leaving. I was able to speak to customers all over Canada and educate them about the reports they were using, how they were using them and cross sell them on other products that may be useful to them. My co-workers were fantastic and it was a fun environment. The hardest part of the job was having a new manager every year and sometimes those managers were working from different countries.
Pros
The clients, account management and money
Cons
on the phone all day long
environnement très désagréable
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2013
C est très gros très impersonnel après toi y en d autre et de plus t es un numéro et je n accepte pas de me faire jurer après
computer & desk job
Personal Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  toronto, ON13 November 2012
made collection calls & arranged payment.
followed through the calls & payments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equifax. Our community is ready to answer.