Innovations, product development and an eye for detail have made Epson Canada a leader in the image capture and image output industry.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in web development on an e-commerce site. Work is primarily in a Unix (Solaris, Linux) environment. Candidates should be ready to present examples of previous development work on existing public websites (if available) and/or on the developer’s personal site (if available).
- Stay current with upcoming HTML trends and help drive future technologies and direction
- Work closely with web developers to integrate their programming logic with HTML templates.
- Maintain US/Canada E-Stores (update content and images on existing pages, minor JSP programming updates).
- Slice up images in Photoshop for page designs and other images (banner ads, product shots, icons, and other graphical elements for use on Epson websites).
*Design/Create new images for banner ads, product photos, icons, and other graphic elements for use on Epson websites.
- Assist web developers with troubleshooting problems on Epson websites and monitor site for any issues.
- QA testing of web application projects.
- Manage files related to page layout and graphics.
- Maintain EAI Web Style Guide.
- Update content using a content management system
- Modify (and occasionally create) Flash-based applications, animations, banners, and other interactive elements
- Hands on experience working closely with web application developers (e.g. PHP, Java) to integrate html into a web application
- Strong Photoshop experience in producing graphics for the web
- E-commerce experience (e.g. shopping cart, credit card transactions, etc.) in a production environment
- Ability to create comps from existing designs and/or wireframes
- Good knowledge of how to construct HTML for SEO.
- Prior experience with jQuery UI and mobile libraries/best practices.
- Experience with change control and code source control systems, e.g. SVN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, self starter, with a proactive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Experience creating and modifying flash animations
Strongly preferred skills:
- Some server-side web application coding skills (asp, jsp, .net, php, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML5
- Omniture Analytics and/or Google analytics
- Experience with consumer products site(s), e-commerce web site(s)
- Knowledge of secure web application coding techniques
- Experience with Flash ActionScript
- Ability to produce design mock-ups/comps
Desired, but not required:
- Content management systems (Alfresco)
Only qualified candidates should submit their resumes quoting Web Designer / HTML Developer in the subject line.
Please include your salary expectation. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.