Innovations, product development and an eye for detail have made Epson Canada a leader in the image capture and image output industry.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in web development on an e-commerce site. Work is primarily in a Unix (Solaris, Linux) environment. Candidates should be ready to present examples of previous development work on existing public websites (if available) and/or on the developer’s personal site (if available).
- Stay current with upcoming HTML trends and help drive future technologies and direction
- Work closely with web developers to integrate their programming logic with HTML templates.
- Maintain US/Canada E-Stores (update content and images on existing pages, minor JSP programming updates).
- Slice up images in Photoshop for page designs and other images (banner ads, product shots, icons, and other graphical elements for use on Epson websites).
*Design/Create new images for banner ads, product photos, icons, and other graphic elements for use on Epson websites.
- Assist web developers with troubleshooting problems on Epson websites and monitor site for any issues.
- QA testing of web application projects.
- Manage files related to page layout and graphics.
- Maintain EAI Web Style Guide.
- Update content using a content management system
- Modify (and occasionally create) Flash-based applications, animations, banners, and other interactive elements
- Hands on experience working closely with web application developers (e.g. PHP, Java) to integrate html into a web application
- Strong Photoshop experience in producing graphics for the web
- E-commerce experience (e.g. shopping cart, credit card transactions, etc.) in a production environment
- Ability to create comps from existing designs and/or wireframes
- Good knowledge of how to construct HTML for SEO.
- Prior experience with jQuery UI and mobile libraries/best practices.
- Experience with change control and code source control systems, e.g. SVN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, self starter, with a proactive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Experience creating and modifying flash animations
Strongly preferred skills:
- Some server-side web application coding skills (asp, jsp, .net, php, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML5
- Omniture Analytics and/or Google analytics
- Experience with consumer products site(s), e-commerce web site(s)
- Knowledge of secure web application coding techniques
- Experience with Flash ActionScript
- Ability to produce design mock-ups/comps
Desired, but not required:
- Content management systems (Alfresco)
Only qualified candidates should submit their resumes quoting Web Designer / HTML Developer in the subject line.
Please include your salary expectation. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The history of Epson and our parent company, Seiko Epson Corporation, began with a heritage in watchmaking that led to the invention of the...