This role is multifaceted and consists of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service Support and Administration Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Bilingual receptionist responsible for answering the company switchboard (Bell Norstar Meridian 8 line system). Clarify and direct all calls and messages to the proper recipient, monitor the incoming and outgoing voice mail messages. Welcome and announce all visitors, discourage soliciting and sign for small packages from mail or couriers. Keep a log of who is in or out of the building.
2. Open, sort, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail, update our mailing address as needed. Photocopy and send documentation to N.Y. as required.
3. Reconcile Eppendorf North America invoices to the Canada Customs Report. If there is discrepancy contact the appropriate person to amend the document. Match with Schenker invoices, apply the appropriate G/L, cost center, photocopy, and send for payment and file.
4. Sort and verify in SAP incoming account receivable payments, prepare bank deposit.
5. Process all credit cards payments in the Moneris system, balance the transactions, mail copy to the customer. Verify the Moneris statement for discrepancies.
6. Commercials & suppliers invoices - Verify the amounts to be paid, match purchase order, if a purchase order has not been created, verify with the appropriate person. Prepare SAP disbursement voucher or pay with Petty cash disbursement. Allocate the vendor number, G/L and cost center number, photocopy, and send original to N.Y. for payment or issue a check with the petty cash, keep a copy for the petty cash disbursement report.
7. Reconcile all transactions on the Visa invoice, prepared on an Excel spreadsheet. Allocate cost center, G/L, payment has to be done through Petty cash disbursement close to the due date. Research transaction for required information to justify payment as required.
8. GE Capital – Reconcile all invoices, which includes; leasing cars, fuels, maintenances and repairs for all the sales reps, prepared on an Excel spreadsheet. Allocate the appropriate cost center and G/L, photocopy, send for payments and file.
9. Sun Life – Reconcile the invoice on an Excel spreadsheet, allocate the appropriate cost center and G/L photocopy, send for payment and file.
10. Reconcile carriers’ invoices – Research and investigate missing waybills to justify payment. Allocate the vendor number, G/L and cost center number, photocopy, send original to N.Y and file.
Minimum 4 years experience in an accounting or administrative capacity
Must be Bilingual (French/English)
Sound knowledge of AR and AP principles
Proficient in SAP and Excel
Ability to be flexible in duties and tasks assigned
Full Benefits package including medical, dental
Hours: 8:30 to 5:00