Epiq Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable experience with Epiq
Document review attorney (Current Employee), TorontoApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good work environment; natural light in office
Cons: Not consistent work
I've been on two doc review projects with Epiq at their Toronto office.

Overall, the experience has been great: a nice office, good co-workers (not the Island of Misfit Toys I was led to expect), good communication from the project manager, and they often brought in bagels and donuts for us.

Unlike other doc review places, Epiq's Toronto office doesn't necessarily crack the whip or saddle employees with arbitrary rules. As long as you work consistently and diligently, the project manager(s) won't hassle you if you go for a walk or go grab a coffee while on the clock.

The pay is solid ($45-50/hour for doc review attorneys), but you are classified as an independent contractor, meaning you are on the hook for making your own EI/CPP deductions.

The only real downsides are the work is somewhat inconsistent; a project will end and you might have to wait a month before another comes up. And when projects do come up, there is no guarantee of work. My two projects were both expected to last 10 days each, but lasted 4 and 5 respectively. The projects themselves ran smoothly though, so no complaints there.