Epicor

Epicor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job at Epicor was fun
QA Tester Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2014
I loved working in Epicor, it was a nice place to work. I was able to turn it to a fun place to work, I guess due to my friendly behavior, saying hello to everybody I met, and in a short time I had many friends.
Which helped me building up a team spirit, work as a team, play table tennis, going to the gym. I had great fun
However did not forget that – more... my first obligation was to do an efficient job, which I was good at, due to which I was liked by my team lead.
I feel blessed for having the opportunity to get a chance to work with so many wonderful people – less
prepare to be on your own
application developer (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 10, 2014
I got hired at Epicor as a permanent employee, I was told how secure it is to be at Epicor (job security), less than a year after I started, the CEO got fired, then a big management shake up happened, and around one year after I was employed, a lay off took place and I and many others lost our jobs for no apparent reason. If they told you it is a permanent – more... position, even if you did a great job, it does not secure your job there. Many seniors lost their jobs for no reason. – less
Productive company with nice people
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 30, 2014
Epicor is a very productive company which has client all over the world ... working at Epicor gave me this chance to be more motivated and could able to apply my software Testing knowledge .
Friendly working environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
It is an software and service company, very friendly working environment.
One of the best company I worked for.
Second level technical support (Current Employee), QCOctober 19, 2012
Professionals are around you.
Friendy atmosphere.
Plesure to work there.
I work with the same team members for 10 years.
They are firends now.
Fun environment
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2014
Typical day included 50-70 outbound calls for business probing. You would work hard for 30 mins then you defuse by getting something to drink, walk a lap, toss a ball with an associate, all taking about 5mins, then back on the phones again doing the same thing.

I learned that allowing some freedom in a work environment created a boosted collective – more... spirit of those working. Inside sales can be tough, so any way you can build camaraderie among associates, fostering a positive view of management, should be looked at, no matter how "out of the box" it seems.

The management was a two-headed monster. On one floor it acted like my previous paragraph. On the other floor, it had a much more negative vibe. Strict quotas on statistics that didn't guarantee sales was one glaring issue. Even if an employee was closing more sales than their peers, if certain metrics were not met, termination was eminent, so we had two different incentives pulling in two opposing directions; make more money or keep your job. Not a good mixture.

Most of my coworkers were great to work with. I truly enjoyed working with them.

But, the hardest part of the job was truly the pay. It was a very low wage, with a low incentive to close a sale. There simply was no real monitary reward for working there.

The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to communicate with C level executives and other division and regional leads who knew the value of what we had to offer, and then have a conversation on how we could better streamline their business. – less
Stressful environment where retaliation is common.
Credit and collections Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the employee's are great people
Cons: expensive healthcare and management need training.
Management is not trained on what they can and can not say to the employee. There is no room for advancement as the management teams will not release you from present positions and will only promote the favorites regardless of experience or expertise.
Productive an visionary company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), MonterreyOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good installations, facilities and work environment.
Cons: salaries are still lower against other it companies
Epicor is a great place to work. It is always looking to improve, customer focused and with great future plans.

The management is good, the work environment is one of the most valuable reasons I've stayed here all these years.
Fun place to work, Great enviroment
Level 1 Technical Support (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYOctober 22, 2014
Everyday had a challenge
Enjoy working under stress
Enjoy working with team
Nice work enviroment.
Material Administrator Coordinator II (Current Employee), 4809 Freidrich Lane Austin TXSeptember 23, 2014
Good people to work with, managment poorly manage their people.
24/7 Service Desk
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), BracknellAugust 12, 2014
Long shifts. No proper training. Night shifts usually quiet. Day shifts extremely busy.
Good Benefits and Compensation but poorly managed
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
I worked for Epicor for 8 years 6 while it was Activant and 2 under Epicor. When the merger happened everyone was excited on the Activant side until we learned the management core was going to be from Activant. While benefits improved the management team did not. Very high pressure in sales on a day to day basis. While my direct manager was fine upper – more... management was all over the place and made promise after promise that were not kept. We must have changed our sales training and sales tactics 3 times in 5 years. Very hard to adapt. – less
Great people and management to make yourself a better employee.
Business Development Representative (Sales) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2014
Pros: food and games are held during the work week
Cons: short breaks
Requirement of 55+ phone calls.
Learned to speak to high level executives and develop relationships.
Management is always helpful and looking to improve your skills.
Co-workers come from many different cultures and ages.
The hardest part of the job is getting through to prospects to create leads
The most enjoyable part of the job is the management and – more... the ability to ask them anything. – less
Dont do it
interviewed (Former Employee), irvineApril 29, 2014
I interviewed with these IT guys a years ago. The big guy had such a bad attitude and the other little guy was high on something, who knows what but wow, i am so glad they didnt pick me because look one year later they are looking again. the big guy kept saying how the IT director know him from before thats how he got his job. make sure the money is – more... worth the hassle because meeting these two guys i know it was going to be alot of it – less
Great place to work.
Manager, Point-of-Sale Data (Current Employee), Dublin, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: consistent managers
Cons: benefit package.
I've had great managers for 21 years. Lots of flexibility.

Locker rooms and workout room are a big plus.
Cold Calling, redundant tasks
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: pay, job responsibilities
Epicor is a fun environment with great people at the company. The work however is quite redundant everyday. You call people none stop every 90 days so this can lead to angry people on the other line who feel pestered by Epicor employee's.
Good place to start out.
Associate Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 2, 2013
Pros: accepts people with low experience
Cons: culture is dominated by young males
Epicor is a good starting point. There is definitely upward mobility and a fun culture.
A great company to work for
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Yardley, PAOctober 29, 2013
This company and my team are incredible in their culture and camaraderie.
Worked with a lot of great people.
Software Development (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 24, 2013
Company has flexible work schedule. Great co-workers. Constant layoffs lead to unproductive work environment.
Acceptable company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Denver COOctober 21, 2013
Pros: casual attire
Cons: no bonuses or salary increases
Advancement opportunities are difficult to come by. Salary increases are non existent.

1 2 3