EPCOR Employee Reviews in Canada

Tough job
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Timelines for each project were not realistic. Lots analysis gathering after proects started. One project was very hard because being a contractor, no one was willing to share information. I was able to learning what I had to for the project on my own. Others did take credit for my work and I did not appreciate it.
Pros
people
Cons
management
good
hand spotted utilities underground (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
typical day was good all the guys are good to be around the best part of the job was being outside all the time it w2as the best job ever I wish I could go back
good
Cons
nothing
General labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working as a general labour, equipment handler etc. Making sure all orders was processed and shipped out on time was my main priority.
Was WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  CALGARYJuly 22, 2015
I ENJOY WORKING FOR EPCOR FOR THE 10+ YEARS THAT I WAS THERE .. WHEN THE COMPANY MOVE TO EDMONTON IT WAS VERY HARD FOR ME BUT I HAD O MOE ON
Pros
THE ENVIROMENT WAS GOOD
Cons
NICE HOURS
Good company to work with.
Senior Manager Electricity Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Dynamic environment to work in -- lots of change each year to suit changing market and regulatory requirements. Long hours required for management positions which include a combination of union and non-union employees (different work hours).

Many work locations around City of Edmonton, making cross-functional meetings challenging.
Great people, environmentally and safety conscious company.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work was to gather customer requirements, and to design, develop, and implement application software solutions based on those requirements.
What I learned was an excellent understanding of the Utility business, business processes, project delivery/change management processes, Oracle programming and design.
All my co-workers and the business clients were great to work with.
The most difficult part of the job was the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and being able to develop innovative software solutions for the business.
Pros
great co-workers.
Cons
long hours.
Good Summer Job
Pole Painter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2014
They offer a lot of courses to expand your knowledge. Very safety oreintated. Its a good place to enter into the adult workforce.
ok
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
very busy but disliked working on the phones
Hardest part is meeting the qualifications of working days when working in the call centre
Wonderful building to work in with many company activities and volunteer opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  EPCOR TOWER, Edmonton AlbertaOctober 14, 2013
EPCOR has a wonderful culture and does not have a high turnover. Many people retire with EPCOR. There is many opportunities to move within the company and school isn't out of reach but in these tough economic times they are scrutinizing of performance reviews and it is not uncommon to have many managers run through a department and rearrange departments and therefore redistribute duties
Pros
free coffee, water, flex space and fun holiday events
Cons
parking is brutally expensive, and the building is in an area that is not close to walk in the winter to shop, or go for lunch walking
good hours and good wage
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abMay 3, 2013
i learned a lot working for epcor, there were good people which made it a good environment to work in.
Pros
lots of differnt work which kept it interesting
Cons
long hours sometimes
Great company overall and great people who work there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2013
Working at EPCOR is very fast paced with multiple changes to the work I do. I've enjoyed my seven years of working with them, as I have learned a lot about myself, as a person, as well as where my strengths lie in the work force. I am very adaptable to change and efficient with time management.

My favorite part of the company, is the people I work with. I've built great, long lasting relationships with my co-workers and managers.
Pros
incentives, the people, charities.
Good Company
Senior Drafting Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2013
Good company and the pay was at market valve. The people I worked were good. But I had troble with one manager there and that is why I left.
typical workplace envroment
labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2012
Epcor was a goo company to work for and paid good.I just wish there was more job security with them.
Pros
good people, good job
Cons
no overtime
Epcor was Fun Lots of team builders.
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Was CalgaryJune 13, 2012
a typical day at work is dealing with customer question about there bill and some time a little escalated
I learn a lot , but one thing I have learned was how to give good customer service
Management was wonderful.
Because of my Co-workers being at work felt like a home away from home.
the hardest part of my job was leaving
and the most enjoyable part was at the end of the year when we all get to have fun at our Christmas parties.
Pros
when we have barbecues
Cons
some time long hours
typ day
Business Analyst / System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AbMay 6, 2012
mission critical support tickets, work request assignments, migrations
Great co-workers.
Pros
free apples
it was a door to door sales job
door to door sales (Former Employee) –  calgaryApril 25, 2012
not very well organized but they took care of there people. cant say anything bad about them
Pros
na
Cons
na