EPCOR Employee Reviews

Good people
Webmail Team Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Great people to work with. The company provided all of the tools to help you complete the job. The compensation was good as well as the benefits. The hardest part of the job was irate customers.
no money
driver for utilities (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB12 June 2017
very hard to get on permanent and when you do your reward is a salary of $3500-$4000 a month. Super slack and you really don't have to be very smart to work there
Productive and fun place to work with.
Administrative Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
I have learned Oracle, Ivara, SharePoint and TSR programs. Mostly engineers in the work area so people are really busy. Management is amazing. Most employees are friendly and encourages you to learn more. I didn't find the job hard as I like what I am doing. I enjoy what is my task. Environment is professional. Attitude and work ethics is being practiced.
Pros
Lots of activities and events that motivates employees.
Cons
none that I can think of.
not fare
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, AB10 May 2017
I was bullied severely and then not hired back due to bringing it up to management and standing up for myself. so when I went to HR and didn't believe me and refused to look into it.
Pros
money
Cons
bullies
Productive and fun enviroment
Utility Worker/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmontn, Ab26 October 2016
I enjoy my day job, im not looking to replace it. I'm just looking for extra part time work. Interested in working for a good company to help contribute my great assets.
Tough job
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
Timelines for each project were not realistic. Lots analysis gathering after proects started. One project was very hard because being a contractor, no one was willing to share information. I was able to learning what I had to for the project on my own. Others did take credit for my work and I did not appreciate it.
Pros
people
Cons
management
good
hand spotted utilities underground (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2016
typical day was good all the guys are good to be around the best part of the job was being outside all the time it w2as the best job ever I wish I could go back
good
Cons
nothing
General labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2016
I enjoyed working as a general labour, equipment handler etc. Making sure all orders was processed and shipped out on time was my main priority.
Was wonderful company to work for
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  CALGARY22 July 2015
I enjoy working for epcor for the 10+ years that I was there .. When the company move to edmonton it was very hard for me but I had o moe on
Pros
The enviroment was good
Cons
Nice hours
Good company to work with.
Senior Manager Electricity Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2015
Dynamic environment to work in -- lots of change each year to suit changing market and regulatory requirements. Long hours required for management positions which include a combination of union and non-union employees (different work hours).

Many work locations around City of Edmonton, making cross-functional meetings challenging.
Great people, environmentally and safety conscious company.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta3 February 2015
A typical day at work was to gather customer requirements, and to design, develop, and implement application software solutions based on those requirements.
What I learned was an excellent understanding of the Utility business, business processes, project delivery/change management processes, Oracle programming and design.
All my co-workers and the business clients were great to work with.
The most difficult part of the job was the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and being able to develop innovative software solutions for the business.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Long hours.
Good Summer Job
Pole Painter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2014
They offer a lot of courses to expand your knowledge. Very safety oreintated. Its a good place to enter into the adult workforce.
ok
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2014
very busy but disliked working on the phones
Hardest part is meeting the qualifications of working days when working in the call centre
Wonderful building to work in with many company activities and volunteer opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  EPCOR TOWER, Edmonton Alberta14 October 2013
EPCOR has a wonderful culture and does not have a high turnover. Many people retire with EPCOR. There is many opportunities to move within the company and school isn't out of reach but in these tough economic times they are scrutinizing of performance reviews and it is not uncommon to have many managers run through a department and rearrange departments and therefore redistribute duties
Pros
free coffee, water, flex space and fun holiday events
Cons
parking is brutally expensive, and the building is in an area that is not close to walk in the winter to shop, or go for lunch walking
Heartland Project (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2013
upon request upon request review with future employer
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Pros
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Cons
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
good hours and good wage
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  edmonton, ab3 May 2013
i learned a lot working for epcor, there were good people which made it a good environment to work in.
Pros
lots of differnt work which kept it interesting
Cons
long hours sometimes
Great company overall and great people who work there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2013
Working at EPCOR is very fast paced with multiple changes to the work I do. I've enjoyed my seven years of working with them, as I have learned a lot about myself, as a person, as well as where my strengths lie in the work force. I am very adaptable to change and efficient with time management.

My favorite part of the company, is the people I work with. I've built great, long lasting relationships with my co-workers and managers.
Pros
incentives, the people, charities.
Good Company
Senior Drafting Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2013
Good company and the pay was at market valve. The people I worked were good. But I had troble with one manager there and that is why I left.
typical workplace envroment
labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2012
Epcor was a goo company to work for and paid good.I just wish there was more job security with them.
Pros
good people, good job
Cons
no overtime
Epcor was Fun Lots of team builders.
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Was Calgary13 June 2012
a typical day at work is dealing with customer question about there bill and some time a little escalated
I learn a lot , but one thing I have learned was how to give good customer service
Management was wonderful.
Because of my Co-workers being at work felt like a home away from home.
the hardest part of my job was leaving
and the most enjoyable part was at the end of the year when we all get to have fun at our Christmas parties.
Pros
when we have barbecues
Cons
some time long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EPCOR. Our community is ready to answer.