Sound like You?
You wake up smiling. You sing in the shower. You're charming – but not in the schmoozy, how-can-I-win/used-car-salesman way. You're sincere, you care and you have integrity (that's why babies and small animals and senior business executives ADORE you). But when it comes to your work and your goals, it's not all sunshine and rainbows and singing Kumbaya around the campfire. Because you don't sit beside the fire, you ARE the fire.
And that's what we're looking for: a Senior Business Development Manager with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas who is positively burning to make a meaningful impact in the world.
Work that Matters
We're Envisio and we develop, market and support a Cloud Based Strategy Implementation Software that connects to, and is driven by, an organization's strategic plan.
And we chose the word “organization” deliberately, because many of our clients are non-profits. Our Software helps their teams, staff and boards track their projects and tasks against their strategic plan – which means that rather than living as its own entity, disconnected from day-to-day operations, everyone is connected to the plan, working with the plan, for the plan, executing the plan.
This helps executives and directors quantify and report their achievements to stakeholders and funders. And that in turn helps them be more successful in fund-raising which then empowers them to do more good work within their community.
So you can see why we're looking for an exceptional, proven Senior Business Development Manager to drive Envisio’s initial sales efforts (in 2013 the you'll help us acquire 56 new customers) and to gather momentum into 2014. Your job is to set our sales – and yes, we'll admit it, the strategic results of non-profit world – on fire.
What You'll Do
As our trail-blazing, fire-setting Senior Business Development Manager, you will:
Do it All. You'll manage the entire sales cycle from lead qualification to product demonstrations to presenting proposals and closing deals.
Source and Network. You'll engage prospects in meaningful business discussions and qualify them as potential customers and attend Envisio seminars to get attendees excited about our products and services.
Keep Your Ear to the Ground and Innovate, Innovate, Innovate. You'll identify new opportunities and develop strategies to effectively ‘get the word out’.
Keep the Money Coming in by renewing annual contracts for existing customers.
How You’ll Succeed
Let's start with the obvious: you will meet or exceed your sales quotas and KPIs.
But you won't let your personal targets and goals get in the way of being a truly collaborative member of the Envisio team. You'll share information and foster clear and accountable internal communications with your team members.
Part of that work means staying-up-to-date with our CRM – using it consistently so that it's a team resource rather than a boring box to check on your to-do-later list.
Also essential: you're fun and interesting to work with. (We are too!)
The Magic that is YOU
1. You are all about your customers – and that's not a hat you wear, it's who you are. You know when they're happy and when they're not because you're checking in. If there's a problem, you solve it – or, even better, you anticipate and resolve issues before they arise. Because you know your clients.
2. You are, at heart, a team-player. Yes, you're a leader and you're driven to achieve your personal goals...but you care about your team and colleagues, so you create an environment where everyone can succeed. Cooperate, Collaborate, Communicate: that's just how you roll.
3. You're the real deal: you've got integrity. You're honest, sincere, accountable and consistent. You follow up and follow-through on your commitments.
4. You know that curiosity did NOT kill the cat. You consult far and wide for the best technical or business advice; synthesize information from many sources; and separate critical from the trivial and the cliché from the truth.Simply put, you are one curious cat.
5.You've got a great business head on your shoulders. You understand commercial and financial principles (and reality!) and because you've got a great grasp of your client's businesses, you can help uncover and address their business needs in a meaningful/no- BS way. (EVERYONE appreciates that about you.)
6. You get 'er done. Always! Remember the fire? That's what we're looking for and what you've got. Focus, urgency, intensity, drive, striving to achieve your targets: that's how you close the deal, over and over again.
7. You know thyself. Strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, limitations: you know yours and you proactively address them. You've got a plan for your career, you learn from experience and even if it sounds like a self-help platitude, it's true: every day you're getting better. Because you're working at it.
8. You're relentlessly, sustainably consistent. Your intensity, energy and commitment don't wax and wane and you don't wait to be asked. You willingly tackle demanding tasks, you're resilient, and you hang in there even when it's hard. Because that's how you do great work.
What You Bring
Here's what you've already done that's prepared you to rock this role:
- You have at least seven years’ experience in proactive business development roles encouraging senior executives to make buying decisions. (Bonus points for experience selling to the not-for-profit sector.)
- You've got a verifiable track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas (C’mon show us what you got).
- You probably have a university or college education. (We'd really prefer it.)
- You're collaborative; you apply a consultative approach to sales; you've got remarkable business acumen; and you're a super-smart, hardworking, positive, fun (please be fun) person who also leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
*What You'll Get*- We'll pay you well*.
(And to collect that paycheque, you don't really need to leap tall buildings – we're simply looking for an on-fire/thoroughly skilled/radically committed Senior Business Development Managerwho's also a whole lot of fun.)
- Expenses (reasonable, pre-approved ones – we probably won't go for helium balloon rides, chartered jets, or custom packages of one-colour M&M’s)
- Three weeks annual paid vacation (because we all need a little time off)
- Generous base salary (the more successful experience the more salary) and on-target earnings of $125K with no commission cap. Yes, we saved the best for last.
- We'll treat you well, too. We truly do love what we do, do it really well and have a great time doing it. So if you've got what we're looking for AND you're fun, interesting, want to do meaningful work – and you're just plain EXCEPTIONAL – please send us your resume and a little note explaining why you were born for this position to: info (at) envisio.com. Please only applicants with legal working status in Canada and no agencies please.