Envirotest Canada, the contractor for the AirCare program, has a set-term contract opportunity to January 31, 2015 for a progressive and results-oriented HR Manager. Working out of the Burnaby office, this position is responsible for providing HR services and leadership to 10 testing stations, a technical centre, and Head Office. Reporting to the General Manager, and working as a member of the senior management team, job responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and counsel to management and staff and working with managers at all levels to provide solutions to ongoing employment-related issues.
- Establishing and maintaining satisfactory labour-management relations, including collective agreement interpretation and administration, progressive discipline, and grievance handling.
- Recommending and establishing company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the various statutory requirements, including Employment Standards, Human Rights, Labour Relations and Workers’ Compensation.
- Sourcing and recruiting candidates to fill job vacancies, including management and staff positions.
- Managing relationships with external consultants regarding benefits, labour matters, attendance management, and Work Safe BC claims handling.
- Overseeing the administration of payroll and benefit programs.
- Providing leadership and direction to the HR Assistant position.
Required Know How
- Strong consulting, negotiation, mediation and client relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to quickly establish credibility and build relationships based on trust.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of HR areas of practice, with particular emphasis on labour relations.
- A business degree or diploma, supplemented by 7 to 10 years of progressive HR management experience. CHRP designation is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong customer service focus; good accuracy and attention to detail; well-developed time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and use of the internet for research purposes.
Envirotest Canada offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. To apply, please reply with your resume and cover letter or fax to 604-436-3038.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Envirotest Canada has been the contractor for the vehicle emissions testing program (known as AirCare) in the Greater Vancouver Regional...