Environmental Systems Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Place to Work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX24 October 2017
Wonderful atmosphere at the company, plenty of room for advancement. Seriously the best company I have ever worked for. Also positioned in a very secure industry, and the company is the market leader in that industry.
This is the best job I have had to date
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX6 October 2017
I have worked at Environmental Systems full-time more than 4 years now, and I would have to say it is the best job I have had up to this point in my life.

Pros:
Very casual laid back environment with dress code that follows. Great growth potential if you want it. Nice location, flexible hours depending on your position. Great pay, leader in the industry and we are working towards doing even more in the years to come. The company is small to mid size which I see as a plus, you are not a cog in a wheel but a part of the decision making process when it comes to development or customer solutions.

Cons:
This is a very family oriented place, so it is likely people will stay on because of emotional ties rather than performance. That is not necessarily a bad thing but that is the only con I could think of.

My advice to management would be to keep up the good work, don't stop looking to the future for growth opportunities for the business, and most of all do not be afraid to manage! Take the emotions and family like ties out of the business and just manage and lead! That is the only way to ensure growth. Don't be afraid to leave your comfort zone, and take some risks. Encourage and build up your performers and get rid of any dead weight whenever possible. Look at it as pruning a tree or a plant the only way to promote growth is to prune away dead leaves/limbs.
Use caution when accepting a job at this company
support specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, Texas20 June 2014
This company will promise you the world when interviewing, and you think you are getting a long term job until they let you go in 6 months because they slow down in business. I would use caution when accepting a job at this company they have many lay offs. I turned down many good offers to accept a job at this company to find out they were laying off 6 months later.
Pros
Cons
High stress job