Our client is a leading provider of powerful database software, enterprise datawarehousing, data warehouse appliances, and analytics.
The Data Modeler is responsible for client-facing aspects to create a Logical Data Model based on the clients requirements. The Data Modeler uses input from the Business Information Modeler, the Application Consultant, the Business Intelligence Consultant, the Database Administrator, and the ETL Consultant. This individual must have the skills to understand the logical data model as well as the business requirements. Ultimately you will design and instantiation of the physical data model, based on the logical data model. The Data Modeler may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
- listening to business users to discover business requirements
- abstracting concepts from business requirements
- converting those concepts into entities and attributes of the model
- reviewing the resulting model with the business users to ensure accuracy & completeness
- Create the logical data model and obtain sign-off from the client
- Create the physical data model with a data modeling tool like ERwin, PowerDesigner, etc.
- Modify the physical data model for efficient data access paths.
- Generate and execute DDL to create databases, tables, and views.
- Identify and create primary indexes, partitioned primary indexes, secondary indexes, join indexes, and all other needed indexes.
- Identify statistics columns, and create and execute collect statistics statements.
- Identify and create necessary associative tables, data constraints, and multi-value compression.
- Recommend and establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for design and maintenance.
- In depth knowledge of one or more data modeling tools like ERwin and the customization required to create DDL
Are you the Ideal Candidate? We hope so.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 5-8 years related experience working with lead database management in a consulting environment
- Experience in multiple database technologies vs. one stack
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling and development is required
- Solid communication skills - this role is customer facing
- This is a virtual role position based out of the Toronto, Ontario area
- Expected travel is up to 75%-100% locally onto customer sites and other locations when required based on skills & organizational needs
Send your resume to rick @ think-kmr.com
More Keywords: LDM, PDM, Data warehouse, datawarehouse, data mart, datamart, Oracle, SAP, Teradata, IBM, Netezza, DB2, HP. Architecture, Designing, database benchmarks, Logical Data Sources, Retail, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Travel and Transportation, pre-sale, data transformation tools (Cognos, Business Objects, Informatica). BI, DW, ETL, MCDBA, Logical design, Physical design, Tuning and configuration, Capacity planning, Storage optimization, Business continuity, Disaster Recovery
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -