Environmental Refuelling Systems (ERS) is an Alberta-based company specializing in high-demand, on-time remote fuel management. This dynamic growing company is looking for a Vice President of Finance to be based out of our Edmonton office.
The VP of Finance will have overall responsibility for accounting, financial reporting and analysis, banking and equipment financing, cash flow management, budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, tax planning and compliance, and financial analysis. They will also work on the identification and implementation of information systems to improve/enhance financial reporting functions. The VP of Finance will also manage financial risk through:
- the development and review of internal financial controls;
- the insurance program, excluding the employee related insurance (WCB, HSE program); and,
- customer credit. This includes reviewing credit references and granting or denying credit where applicable.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Overall supervision of the finance department:
Assistance with customer relationships and collections, especially for large accounts (oversees this function through delegation)
Approving credit applications (oversees this function through delegation)
Consulting and advising operations and dispatch to discontinue supplying fuel and lubes, where necessary when a customer is not paying the account in a timely fashion.
Completing credit reference requests for our customers (oversees this function through delegation)
Oversee customer billing, collections, and credit risk management
- Providing meaningful financial information to operations to help them manage their business units:
Managing audit relationships
- Monthly shareholder reporting
- Board reporting, as required
- Weekly and monthly bank reporting
- Cash flow management
- Navision (NAV) implementation plan and overseeing the scope of work
- Oversee vendor management specifically through account applications.
- A financial/accounting degree with a designation: Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified General Accountant (CGA) is preferred
- Comfortable working in a highly-technical environment:
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge in MS Word and Outlook and “advanced” Excel
- Experience with MS Navision software is desirable
- A comprehensive understanding of Canadian GAAP and the CICA Handbook
- Understanding of income and fuel of excise taxes in the jurisdictions in which ERS operates.
Specific Expertise and Competencies Required
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in oilfield transportation, logistics, and petroleum distribution
- Inventory processes and data systems experience a strong asset
- Must possess solid communication, technology, analytical, and management skills:
- A minimum of 3–5 years supervisory/leadership experience; supervising 5+ staff
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills:
Written and oral communication
Always approachable and professional in approach
Able to keep several projects moving forward at once (multiple work priorities); ability to prioritize and delegate
- Strong analytical skills; someone who seeks answers and solutions
- A strong “team player”: finds solutions and not blame
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is very adaptable to change
- Capable of working in an unsupervised environment; proactive; doesn’t wait for instruction
- An ability to look at a variety of manual processes and combine into a single start and finish approach.
- Salary negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
- Medical and dental benefits (after completing the probationary period)
- Profit-sharing bonus (after completing the probationary period; prorated in the first year).
To apply please send 1) Resume, 2) Cover letter, 3) References and 4) Salary Expectations to www.envirofuel.ca/careers. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.
Environmental Refuelling Systems Inc., is a family company commited to outstanding fuel management service to the industry.