The primary focus of the Operations and Finance Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to the VP of Finance and VP of Operations. This person plays a key role with scheduling coordination and file management. This position also supports the departments as a whole. Time spent supporting finance versus operations will be ~60% and 40%, respectively.
- Responsible to: VP of Finance and VP of Operations
- Internal relationships: you will develop strong communications with all managers and office staff within the ERS Group of Companies
- External relationships: you will develop positive working relationships with customers, vendors, and the Board of directors.
- High School Diploma
- An Executive Assistant Certificate and/or Accounting Assistant Certificate are considered strong assets
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with accounting systems also a strong asset.
- A financial background understanding shareholder agreements, budgeting, and reporting is a must
- Some experience in the energy service sector is required
- Minimum 5+ years experience in an executive assistant position with Corporate experience is a strong asset
- Exceptional pro-active communication and organizational skills; always approachable and professional in approach; a real “communicator”
- Able to keep several projects moving forward at once; nothing slips through the cracks
- Extreme attention to detail
- Exellent written communication skills, such as letters memos and meeting documents
- A strong “team player”
- Ability to prioritize with changing needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; a “go-getter”; looks for work and doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- A commitment to excellence
- Open to learning new in-house operations systems and programs and new ways of doing things
- Always finds a solution, not blame
- Has an urgency to get things done.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Composing memoranda, correspondence, and drafts responses dealing with financial subject matter; preparing and formatting documentation including correspondence, policies, procedures, and spreadsheets; proofreading all documents before circulating
- Attending to finance matters:
Following up requests
Preparing financial documents
- Developing internal procedures for managing daily, weekly, and monthly financial tasks as well as projects
- Receiving and providing information requiring considerable judgment regarding specific business of the department
- Create and maintain a centralized filing system
- Assist with accounting tasks if required
- Prepare training manuals
- Composing memoranda, correspondence, and drafts responses dealing with operational subject matter; preparing and formatting documentation including correspondence, policies, procedures, and spreadsheets; proofreading all documents before circulating
- Developing internal procedures for managing daily, weekly, and monthly operational tasks as well as projects
- Assisting with operational tasks as required.
- Liaison with other departments; is proactive with facilitating departmental communication
- Organizing files and general filing both electronic and hard copies; gathering information for files
- Managing contacts (in Outlook Contacts Manager and/or CRM)
- Assisting with reception duties (answering phones, greeting guests, etc.), as required
- Assisting with kitchen duties, as required
- Scheduling appointments for clients, office, and others
- Providing the status reports on projects as applicable
- Following up on e-mails and general correspondence
- Following up with assignments and appointments with managers
- Scanning, faxing, and photocopying
- Prepare minutes (meetings), distribute, and file
- Performance Benefits
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Medical and dental benefits (after the three-month probationary period)
- Profit sharing (pro-rated in the first year).
To apply please send 1)Resume, 2) Cover letter, 3) References and 4) Salary Expectations to Leah Mawer. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.
Indeed - 17 months ago