The primary focus of the Operations, Legal, and Finance Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to the VP of Finance and VP of Operations. This person plays a key role with scheduling coordination and file management. This position also supports the departments as a whole. Time spent supporting finance versus operations will be ~60% and 40%, respectively.
- Responsible to: VP of Finance and VP of Operations
- Internal relationships: you will develop strong communications with all managers and office staff within the ERS Group of Companies
- External relationships: you will develop positive working relationships with customers, vendors, and the Board of Directors.
- High School Diploma
- An Executive Assistant Certificate, Accounting Assistant Certificate, and/or Legal Assistant Certificate are considered strong assets
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with accounting systems also a strong asset.
- Corporate/commercial background with an understanding of leasing, banking, and shareholder agreements, and a familiarity with budgeting and reporting
- Some experience in the energy service sector is required
- Minimum 5+ years experience in an executive assistant or corporate/commercial legal assistant position is a strong asset
- Ability to prioritize with changing needs
- Exceptional pro-active communication and organizational skills; always approachable and professional in approach; a real “communicator”
- Able to keep several projects moving forward at once; nothing slips through the cracks
- Extreme attention to detail, and commitment to excellence
- Excellent written communication skills such as letters memos and meeting documents
- A strong “team player”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; a “go-getter”; looks for work and doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Open to learning new in-house operations systems and programs and new ways of doing things
- Always finds a solution, not blame
- Has an urgency to get things done.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Composes memoranda, correspondence, and drafts responses dealing with corporate and financial subject matter
Prepares and formats documentation including correspondence, policies, procedures, and spreadsheets
Proofreads all documents before circulating
Assists with leasing and banking agreements, or such other contracts as may be required
- Attends to finance matters:
o Follows up with requests
o Prepares financial documents
- Develops internal procedures for managing daily, weekly, and monthly financial tasks and projects
- Receives and provides information requiring considerable judgment regarding specific business of the department (critical thinking)
- Creates and maintain a centralized filing system
- Assists with accounting tasks if required
- Prepares training manuals.
- Composes memoranda, correspondence, and drafts responses dealing with corporate and financial subject matter
- Prepares and formats documentation including correspondence, policies, procedures, and spreadsheets
- Proofreads all documents before circulating
- Develops internal procedures for managing daily, weekly, and monthly operational tasks and projects
- Assists with other operational tasks as required.
- Understanding of requirements in preparation and filing of corporate resolutions and other documents
- Liaises with other departments; is proactive with facilitating departmental communication (in person and written)
- Organizes files and does general filing for both electronic and hard copies; gathers information for files
- Manages contacts (in Outlook Contacts Manager and/or CRM)
- Assists with reception duties (answering phones, greeting guests, etc.), as required
- Assists with kitchen duties, as required
- Schedules appointments for clients, office, personnel, and others
- Provides the status reports on projects, as applicable
- Follows up on e-mails and general correspondence
- Follows up with assignments and appointments with managers
- Scanning, faxing, and photocopying
- Prepare minutes (meetings), distribute, and file
- Is proactive at providing status reports.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Medical and dental benefits (after the three-month probationary period)
- Profit sharing (pro-rated in the first year).
To apply please submit your 1) Resume, 2) Cover letter , 3) References, and 4) Salary expectations to www.envirofuel.ca/careers. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Environmental Refuelling Systems Inc., is a family company commited to outstanding fuel management service to the industry.