This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Sales and Marketing Departments, as well as the Co-President in the Calgary office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage contacts (in Outlook contacts manager)
- Assist with the daily office maintenance (ordering supplies, cleaning)
- Answer the telephone and ensure appropriate distribution of those calls
- Promptly greet and service incoming clients/guests: invite in, take coat, offer beverage
- Manage the Co-President’s calendar and meeting space (includes ordering food for meetings if required)
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes and send/receive courier packages
- Book lunches, meetings, and respond to invitations on behalf of the sales team
- Scan, fax, photocopy
- Organize and maintain the filing systems for the sales team
- Maintain the vacation spreadsheet for the sales team
- Assist the sales team with formatting proposals
- Communicate with the Edmonton administrative staff to ensure that information and events are relayed between the two offices
- Assist the sales team with client accounts when necessary (data entry of information, organizational spreadsheets, etc.)
- Assist with various trade shows and/or special events
- Assist with travel arrangements for sales team members
- Prepare reimbursable expense claims
- Prepare monthly Visa reconciliations
- Assist the Executive Assistant and Co-President as required.
Specific Expertise and Experience Required
- 2–3 years administrative experience is an asset
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Always approachable and professional in approach (diplomatic); a real “communicator”
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- A strong grasp of the English language is a MUST (grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling) plus consistency in formatting documents
- A strong “team player”
- Ability to prioritize with changing needs
- Adaptable to change. Progressive to learn new in-house operations systems, programs, and new ways of doing things—doing things the ERS way.
- Always finds a solution, not blame
- Always looking to improve processes and/or document presentation
- Being able to understand basic instructions and take that “to the next level”. For example, if asked to book a flight, you will need to ask about accommodation, car rental, and other things that might require follow up (business cards, copies of documents, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; a “go-getter”; looks for work and does not wait to be told what to do. Proactive in approach
- A positive attitude
- A commitment to excellence.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Medical and dental benefits (after the three-month probationary period)
- Profit-sharing bonus (after completion of the probationary period).
To apply please send 1) Resume, 2) Cover letter, and 3) Salary Expectations to Leah Mawer. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Environmental Refuelling Systems Inc., is a family company commited to outstanding fuel management service to the industry.