Objectives of the Position
The Accounting Assistant & Warehouse Administrator is responsible for managing all of the activities in the warehouse and plays a key role in providing administrative support to the Accounting Coordinator. This position manages the lubricant inventory for the Whitehorse warehouse.
A main function of this position is to assist in general functions relating to the accounting system(s) of ERS, ERS Transport, and ERS Continental. This position develops and maintains procedures and controls to provide accurate, detailed accounting records. Assists the Accounting Coordinator with lubricant inventory analysis relating to general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory control.
- Responsible to: Accounting Coordinator/Yukon Operations Manager
- Internal relationships: you will develop strong communications with all field and office staff within the ERS Group of Companies
- External relationships: This position deals with customers and vendors in a positive and friendly manner, always looking for ways to develop the business further.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge in all Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer
- A minimum of 3–5 years experience in an administrative position
- An administrative Certificate or Diploma is a strong asset
- Typing speed of 55+ words per minute
- A strong grasp of punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar is important
- 2–3 years experience in customer relations is a strong asset.
Competencies Required for Effective Performance
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills:
o Always approachable and professional in approach
o Able to keep several projects moving forward at once; nothing slips through the cracks
- A comfortable and professional telephone manner:
o Mature in approach
o Always cheery; a real “relator”
- Ability to prioritize (a must)
- Takes initiative; doesn’t wait for direction and looks for things to do; always looking to improve processes
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems in a fast-paced environment; adaptable to change
- A strong “team player”
- Looks for solutions and not blame
- A commitment to excellence.
Administration tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Answers a multi-line telephone system and ensures appropriate distribution of calls
- Promptly greets and services incoming clients/guests.
- Assists customers with fuel orders
- Assists customers with lubricant orders
- Prepares invoices for lubricant and fuel sales
- Ensures proper documentation of sales
- Administers warehouse activities
- Ensures proper documentation of lubricant purchases, sales and transfers
- Ensures proper documentation of warehouse activities
- Provide warehouse inventory counts weekly, monthly and year ends.
- Notify management when lubricant inventory needs to be reordered
- Prepare and ship all lubricant orders.
Inventory duties include but are not limited to the following:
- To balance inventory records to physical count.
- To ensure physical counts are completed and recorded.
- To determine the average cost of inventory based on guidelines.
- To maintain records that evaluates inventory losses/gains due to temperature correction, spills, and other general losses.
- To record inventory losses/gains in NAV.
- Reconcile all inventories from the subledger and general ledger.
- Enter monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile ledger accounts.
- Ensure that monthly cut-off procedures are followed.
- Ensure accuracy in inventory reporting.
- General reporting and data input.
- Operation of forklift (training provided)
- General clerical duties
- Lifting up to 50 lbs is required
- Salary negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
To apply please send 1) Resume, 2) Cover letter, and 3) Salary Expectations to Leah Mawer. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.