Entropex is a privately owned Canadian Company involved in the reprocessing of postindustrial and post-consumer plastics. Since 1978, Entropex has been a Canadian based leader in the development of market specific recycled polyethylene and polypropylene for a variety of consumer and industrial applications. Our 180,000 sq. foot plastic recovery facility (PRF) and warehouse complex is located in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. Entropex is currently ranked the 8th largest post-consumer recycler and the 18th largest Plastic Recycler in North America. Our manufacturing, sales, and administrative processes have been ISO 9001-2000 certified since 2003. Entropex finished materials are shipped by bulk transport and bulk rail in North America and by containers internationally. Customers who value our products and services require consistent quality and competitive pricing for their significant production needs. In 2013 Entropex was one of the winners of the American Chemistry Council’s, Innovating in Plastic Recycling Award, as well as a finalist in the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year award in the Clean Technology and Manufacturing Category. Entropex was also the recipient of the Gold Award for Excellence in Waste Reduction and Recycling.
Entropex is currently recuiting for a Junior Quality Lab Technician
To check all components designed and ensure that they are produced to customer standards. To ensure all work practices and standards related to quality are adhered to and ensure components are inspected to Entropex's and customer specifications.
To ensure that all customer specific QC Inspections are completed.
- To carry out pre-production quality checks as required.
- To liaise with department managers and shift supervisors on all quality related production problems.
- To liaise with production and customer service on quality concerns, held production, to determine disposition of suspect product produced.
- To comply with quality standards as set by the company and to co-operate in both internal and external audits as required.
- To adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to: health and safety, quality and environmental management.
- To ensure that the department is safe and clean.
- To carry out administration and reporting as necessary.
- To liaise with sales, customer service, corporate engineering, and the customer on the design and development of new products.
- Provide technical packaging support to production, sales, customer service, and the customer.
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by management
- Must have a diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technician Program
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people.
- Safety conscience.
- Able to plan, organize and schedule workload and able to set priorities.
- Mechanical aptitude and attention to details.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of statistics, the ability to collect, analyze and interpret a set of data and have a strong mathematical background.
- Skilled at weighing and measuring.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) preferred.
- Ability to lead & oversee projects preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 preferred.
1. This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
2. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications
3. Benefits include STD, LTD and Life as well as Extended Health Care after six months of employment
5. Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
Entropex is an equal opportunity employer servicing our diverse communities, although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago