Lead Automobile Technician/Mechanic
Job Title: Shop Foreman
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Salary, incentive package, benefit, ownership potential
Education: Journeyman (certified)
Experience: Minimum 7 years post-certification
Our client currently has an opening for a Lead Automotive Technician whose knowledge, experience and entrepreneurial flair is required to help to build the business and company brand. This is a “ground floor opportunity”, and would be well suited to individuals interested in managing their own shop.
Do you fit the business?
This isn’t your ordinary shop. It’s all about customer experience. It puts you in control, using your knowledge and expertise to do what’s right for the customer. It means you must share responsibility for growing the business through ideas and operational excellence. It also means that you will grow your business savvy and can share in the rewards. It’s a new business, founded by two open-minded entrepreneurs that have a track record of success and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) at Queens and Cornell University to back it up.
Compensation Package Details:
Our client offers a ground floor opportunity to help grow a new-concept shop. They pay salary, offer a very strong incentive package, including benefits. Shares/stock may be offered to a candidate of exceptional fit.
- General inspection, maintenance and repair for passenger vehicles and light trucks
- Training, assistance, and supervising of auto technicians of varying levels of experience
- Oversee daily operations
- Advising business owners on technical capabilities
- Inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters.
- Listening to customers’ descriptions of issues, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components.
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
- Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Containing costs by using warranty and evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Supervising and mentoring employees, assisting with recruitment and managing scheduling.
- Advising and exploring of desirable service/product offering opportunities to maximize shop profits and minimize risk.
- Honest, dependable, motivated
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Safety and environmentally focused given the nature of the working environment
- Creative, high energy and persistent natured
- Able to make sound recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical with exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Helps create a safe work environment and positive work culture
- Takes ownership of daily operations and leads by example
- Valid Automotive Mechanic certification (Journeyman)
- 7+ years of post-certification and general repair experience
- Experience in a variety of shops or with experience on a large range of vehicles preferred
- Should have one or more specializations (e.g. Diesel Engine, advanced diagnostics, electrical repair, natural gas, hybrids, etc.)
- Expertise and drive in managing and coaching apprentices and newly certified staff
- AirCare and Provincial safety inspection certification desired
- Sound knowledge of computerized diagnostic equipment
- Must have a valid driver's license along with a conviction free history.
Please forward a Resume, Cover Letter and copies of your certifications.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago