Job Title: Automotive Technician
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Salary equivalent to $18-25/hr (depending on experience), bonus package, profit share and benefits
Experience: Red Seal Certified
Our client currently has a number of openings for Automotive Technicians whose knowledge, experience and customer service skills are required to help to build the business and company brand. These positions would be well suited to individuals who have excellent technical and customer service skills and who are looking to make the next steps in their respective careers and be a part of building a new and innovative company.
Looking for growth, new approaches, and new technology?
This isn’t your ordinary shop. It’s all about customer experience. It puts you in control, using your knowledge, customer service and expertise to do what’s right for the customer. It means that you must share responsibility for growing the business through ideas and operational excellence. It also means that you will learn cutting edge technology and business skills. Our client focuses on providing customers with convenience, transparency, and a strong brand promise. Their specialized fleet allows their technicians to provide on-site service and maintenance at a customer’s work or home in addition to in-shop services.
- General inspection, maintenance and repair for passenger vehicles and light trucks.
- Inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters.
- Listening to customers’ descriptions of issues and problem solving accordingly.
- Repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components.
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
- Inventorying stock and replacing supplies and products when required.
- Keeping up to date on technical advancements in the automotive industry by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Advising service advisors and customers on present and future services and products, offering opportunities to maximize shop profits and minimize risk.
- Maintaining company vehicles and equipment in good working order. Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Red Seal Certified a must
- Strong General Mechanical Skills
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot
- Sound knowledge of computerized diagnostic equipment
- Responsible, punctual, honest, motivated
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Safety and environmentally focused given the nature of the working environment
- Creative, high energy and persistent natured
- Able to make sound recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical with exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, quick to learn web-based software and mobile apps
- Helps create a safe work environment and positive work culture
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Valid Automotive Mechanic certification
- 1+ years of post-certification and general repair experience
- Ability to work on all makes and models
- Provincial safety inspection certification desired
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clear criminal record
Does this sound like a great fit for you? If so, email a Resume, Cover Letter and copies of your certifications.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago