Enterprise Rent-A-Car
1,922 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company with amazing values
Management Trainee/AR Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2012
Pros: amazing training, mentorship program, helpful managers
Cons: long hours
My typical day at work, while at the branch, consisted of cleaning cars in the morning and then providing excellent customer service as well as a great rental experience. We learned a great deal of conflict resolution while dealing with customers. The one thing about this company was the standard of employees they hired. It was great pleasure working – more... with each and every one of them on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was the long hours. Once again I enjoy dealing with people and that was the most enjoyable part of my day. – less
Strong Culture and lots of room for advancement
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2012
Pros: when there is training, it has a lot of value
Cons: long hours, no co-workers, very cliquey
The typical day at Enterprise Rent-A-Car consisted of either complete stress or mind numbing boredom.
I learned sales skills that are transferable to any environment
Management is strong in the organization
Currently I have no co-workers I am working by myself.
A Fun and Friendly Atmosphere Where Teamwork Rules.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ajax, OntarioJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: concrete advancement structure, excellent training, first class experience.
Cons: long days, tough on work clothes (washing cars), consistent understaffing and a high turnover rate.
I enjoyed my time with Enterprise Rent-A-Car very much. While I advanced throughout the company, my management was always there to support me or answer any questions that I may have had. The training I received was first class and the drive to succeed permeates through the company. Unfortunately, I had to leave due to my family situation, but I would – more... still recommend Enterprise to any one. You work hard (50-60 hours a week sometimes) but you play hard (management knows how to reward their employees). – less
In the beginning is was great, at the end it was awful
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: loved the rental car business
Cons: boys club--bad management
I was an excellent Branch Manager and LOVED my job until a newly promoted Area Manager took over. It was very much a "Boys Club" after that and everything went downhill.
Very enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2014
Overall Very good place to learn and grow and your coworkers are great.
A great place to learn your craft
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Morpeth, ENGSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great managerial experience
Cons: difficult work life balance
The typical day at enterprise rent a car begins with an early start being at the office for 7:30am most mornings. The morning can either consist of a conference call to senior management discussing the focus of the day followed by a branch team meeting. Then like the stock markets the gates open at 8:00am and the next 10 hours will be a blur of customers – more... interactions, important phone calls, emails, damaged cars, organizing staff to hit sales/marketing/fuel collections/income/days earned targets, whilst organizing drivers to cope with the ever increasing demand for cars.

The word juggling comes to mind when asking what I have learned since working for Enterprise. You must have the ability to juggle and complete multiple tasks at one time whilst not letting go of the main operations i.e getting customers into the right car at the right time. You need to be able to act very quickly as the business has high expectations and have large contracts with huge companies that demand you stick to these arrangements, however to be profitable you cant keep an army of staff to cope with he work load so have to be creative.

Your average hourly week will be 55 hours each week. This is just due to the demand on the business and that every car must be rented and that means starting early and staying late if you fall behind.

Enterprise give you a lot of responsibility and very quickly, which is great for improving your management skills. To run a successful branch at Enterprise you have to have fantastic organisation communication and personal drive to succeed and most importantly be able to transfer this drive onto all of your staff members. – less
Very good place to start a career in retail business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Panorama City, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment and team oriented
Cons: sometimes have really long hours
You are given full control of the business from the beginning.....well, they train you for that very thing. It is a great place to learn best practices in business.
enterprise
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Exton, PASeptember 17, 2014
Great place to start your career. The people you work with are very friendly and kind. You will have you ups and downs with customers.
OK for supplemental income
Service Agent (Current Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: easy, mindless work, get to drive all of today's makes and models
Cons: no breaks, no advancement without a degree
If you're in a busy branch, you'll get extra hours, maybe even overtime because of high volume and turnover. The job is very physical. You're cleaning cars inside and out, constantly moving, bending, standing, sitting. Occasionally you'll have to pick up customers from local shops or their homes, or drop them off. Once in awhile you have to run cars – more... for service or gas.

I liked being able to drive all different types of vehicles. Nowhere else in life will I probably ever get to drive a Cadillac lol

Forget moving up in the company unless you have a Bachelor's Degree. They don't tell you that part in orientation.

Management is OK. Most I've worked with were good at their job, but I've ran across a few complete morons who couldn't find the back of their hand with a picture and a map directing them to it. – less
A great place to start
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2014
This was the most challenging and valuable place I have worked. While it was a very underpaid and overworked type of position, you learn a lot of necessary KSA's that will make you better in every job you do afterwards.
Great job out of college
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 16, 2014
I have enjoyed working for Enterprise.
They provide a realistic job preview and the interview process went very smooth.
use as stepping stone only
assistant manager (Former Employee), they are all the sameSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: everything else
This is a good job for someone in their 20's with a lot of energy and not much responsibility. Maybe 1 out of every 500 employees the company hires lasts longer than 15 years, so don't try to make a career out of it because you can make way better money in sales in just about any other industry. Get your sales experience, and get a new job.
Not a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pay and benefits were good, but no work life balance, upper management always changing, no consistency
A fast-paced work environment with a young, energetic employee base
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: variety in daily agendas, free lunch on fridays, fun, high-energy environment
Cons: multiple tasks can feel overwhelming at first, learning how to handle being yelled at by customers.
There's no such thing as a typical day at Enterprise. Some days you get in, make your coffee, forecast your day (if you hadn't the day before), ensure cars are clean, taken to maintenance, and ready before customers arrive, review your accounts receivable, and complete car deliveries as scheduled. Some days you would clock in at 7:45am, take lunch at – more... 12, come back at 1, and clock out at 6pm.

Other days you will come in an hour early to try and prepare for the day, but there are already a few customers outside ready to be helped. Between ensuring that they are happy with how you help them, the phones ringing 3 and 4 lines deep, a customer returning a damaged car, and not forgetting about the deliveries you need to do, all whilst the lobby is filling with customers and the phones are still ringing... You might not leave until well after close, didn't get lunch, and didn't clean all the cars for the next day.

After four years with the company, I can confidently say that this is the nature of this retail career. It's a mixed bag. Good with bad,I've enjoyed it overall. Enterprise is flexible with your life's needs, as long as you approach them about it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you've helped people go about their lives, be it a planned trip, or simply having a way to work despite their car being in the shop.

Prepare to utilize your multitasking skills. You will multitask for at least 8 out of your 9-10 hours each day. Management wants you to have a success story, so they can have a success story by getting you promoted.

You will wash cars in business professional attire. You will pick up and drop off customers. You will deliver cars. You will be coached by management on different sales techniques, and praised highly when you sell well. You will hear a lot of your customers' personal stories, whether you wanted to or not. You will get yelled at by customers. You will be loved by customers. – less
Long Hours, no social life but excellent promotion opportunies
Management trainee (Former Employee), Redditch, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: long hours
At enterprise you worked 10+ hours a day causing you to have poor work life experience. But on the other had you had fantastic opportunities to get promotions and experience in a fast paced organisation.
Car Prep
Car Prep (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: half off rentals
Cons: horrible pay and hours, especially for the amount of work that i have to do.
Maintain cleanliness of vehicles, inside and out. Drive to pick up customers.
Great and well organized team
Service Agent (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: driving, no down time with in my shift
Cons: n/a
Detailing vehicles,
highly skilled in parking and driving vehicles
Manager is lenient
Hardest part of the job, well there is no hard part
Most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily bases , allowing the conversations to endless and interesting . Also the motivation customer provide
Great Management training requiring stellar Customer Service skills.
SENIOR CUSTOMER ASST REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: promotions through sales.
Cons: long hours
The day flies due to constant state of staying busy and no one is confined to one space. Great customer service is the key to success and a day cannot be predicted.

I've acquired the knowledge to run a small business by developing skills with communication, marketing, accounting, operations, sales and above all customer service. Management and co-workers – more... have the same business mentality in focusing on goals and all have a great time doing it. Everyone I've worked with are fun and engaging!

My favorite part of the job was to market and network with other businesses to whom we provided our services. The only thing I can say was the hardest about the job was balancing school and work. Overall, a great company to work for. – less
Great company to work for.
Rental Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2014
Managing new employees, helping customers match outfits together,
Too much worker abuse
Greeter/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: not really any
Cons: union was not functional
Management does what it can to get one over on its employees constantly and then blames the union.

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos