Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Salary/Benefits
proactive
Lot Attendant/Car Prep (Former Employee), toronto ontarioSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: no cons
great place to work, very friendly and very proactive in all
they do....
Great Culture
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: entrepreneurial skills
Cons: work/life balance
E-Cars is a amazing organization to work with. Great opportunities for growth and great support from management.
Great team, long hours.
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Lindsay, OntarioSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: long hours
As a front-line staff member I get to deal with the public, service new and existing clients and accounts, and work with local business partners to secure and increase our presence within our local market.

My team consists of both fulltime and parttime employees, all of whom enjoy putting the client first in order to achieve our remarkable customer – more... service score/ranking within our group of branches.

The most difficult part of my job is the long hours, leaving very little time for life outside of work. – less
Great position to gain experience in sales, customer service and management
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 3, 2013
Handle customers on a day to day basis. Ensure that each customer is completely satisfied with their rental. Learned many sales skills as well as improved customer service skills. Management was strong and work directly with you to improve your skills. Co-workers were great very friendly environment. Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult – more... customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was improving skills and working with the co-workers. – less
good work, not enough hours
Driver (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONAugust 29, 2013
I wash and clean the insides of cars all day, with a few drive backs scattered here and there.

Most of my co-workers are pleasant enough to work with, but i make the interactions work regaurdless of how much I like the person.

I've learned that you cant please every one but you do your best to come up with a compromise that works for everyone.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job is when they send me to other places to shift cars around.

The hardest part of my job is keeping the wash bay in working order. – less
large company which values family/health
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 27, 2013
Pros: work clothing benefit, great pay, great people and one of the best supervisor's
This was the best work environment-I was respected, valued and most of all appreciated for the work I did. They took into consideration that I was a single mom and everything worked great. I was given the opportunity to "make the job my own."

Was offered a position as an HR Assistant but declined for the sole reason that I loved my position and had – more... only been there for a small period of time. – less
Hard work, long hours for minimum wage
Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2013
Pros: some lunches covered by the branch
Cons: sleazy "used car salesman" mentality, long hours, low pay, high turnover
• 7:15 am start, 1 hour break and 6-6:30 finish
• clean cars all day, in the back of the office
• not very structured, very disorganized from the perspective in the back
• Pays 10.50/hour (minimum wage currently 10.25)
• physically demanding, washing and vacuuming cars by hand for ungrateful customers who complain that they aren't clean enough, when – more... 10 minutes were given to clean it.
• customers that you drive (pick up or drop off) wont tip
• The company doesn't like hiring service agents(car preps) full time to reduce costs and they don't have to provide benefits. – less
A fun productive place to work
Car Specialist / Customer Service (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, meeting new people, branch trips, end of the month
Cons: long hours, no benefits as a car prep, minimum wage.
Enterprise is a cool place to work. Everyone is cool and fun to chat with, all young people with good sense of humor.

The only hard part of the job is dealing with customers but thats about it. The most enjoyable part of the job is driving all brand new 2013 cars.
Alright place
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaApril 13, 2013
Pros: driving new cars
Cons: long hours
I first started the job thinking that it was awesome to get to work with new cars all day long, but eventually working 11 hour days 5 days a week and not getting much money I have lost motivation. I think that if they worked on the little things employees wouldn't quit.
Great place to work if you don't want to have a social life
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 29, 2013
Pros: promote from within, good benefits for management
Cons: long hours, lack of communication from corporate officers
Title says it all. Working here will teach you a lot about running a business but it will do so by asking you to sacrifice a lot. Offices are open 730am-600 pm and the staff is there all day. It is long, hard and often thankless work. Advancement is possible but it takes time. Money is good but only when you get to management level. All in all I enjoyed – more... working there, but I enjoy not working there more – less
If you make it to management, the pay is good
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Leamington, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
The people are awesome, and you will learn a lot about how to run and manage a business. Management can be good, if you are what they are looking for.
GREAT COMPANY
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours for little pay
GREAT PEOPLE

IF WANTING TO MAKE A CAREER IN RENTAL GREAT CHOICE
Customer Service/Driver Job
Customer Service/On Call Driver (Current Employee), Woodstock, OnOctober 26, 2012
Pros: excellent discount for renting, and brand new vehicles
Cons: not getting paid enough for the dangers of the job
Typical day starts at 9am, hours vary
Never know where u are going to pickup cars for customers

Can never get a office position because they required a Business degree despite the experience I have in an office position.

The hardest part of the job is: working in all kinds of weather including hail, snow, ice, fog, etc

The most enjoyable part of – more... this job is speaking with the customers, and driving brand new vehicles. – less
Productive workplace with plastic
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Prattville, ALOctober 20, 2012
Pros: great hours
I was a customer service representative at this company. My day always involved being on the phones, and satisfying customers.
Productive and fun workplace working with customers and cars.
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Prattville, ALOctober 20, 2012
Pros: managemnent skills
Cons: long hours
A typical day included making customers happy and delivering a clean car. I learned the ins and outs of running a business. Within the company you learn rewarding management skills, and the co-workers are all helpful in seeing you succeed. The most enjoyable part was interacting with different people everyday.
Long Days, Little Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches occasionally, discounts on rental cars
Cons: long hours, hard to move up in desirable locations, washing cars, customers, inept management
Enterprise prides itself on providing the opportunity to advance, but unless you are willing to take a remote outpost or are annointed as a "golden child" you are hopeless. The inept management just promises big things, lies to you and hopes you don't get mad.
The days are long and the customers pretty much walk all over you. You are taught to do whatever – more... they want, personal integrity doesn't exist. Washing cars is a pain since they make you wear dress clothes while doing it. – less
exciting job as a student
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
- flexible part time hours for students.
- great management that understand the business.
- driving a wide variety of cars that increased the product knowledge
Challenging and fulfilling company to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2012
Pros: good job stability, excellent management, lots of opportunities to grow
Cons: dress code that hasn't seem to change since the 80s
Enterprise was my first job out of University, and I consider myself fortunate to be employed by them. The teamwork within the IT department was excellent, with each team member never hesitating to help out one another.

Enterprise had a "do it right" culture, preferring to get solutions working correctly rather than hitting deadlines, and the quality – more... shows up in the final products.

Management, while a little top-heavy, is effective in steering their respective teams in the right direction and accounting for each of their team members unique strengths.

Enterprise has also been excellent as setting career paths and goals for their employees, offering good opportunity for advancement and a good sense of job stability. – less
Not an Ideal Position for Professionals Pursing a New or Second Career
Mangement Trainee Program (Former Employee), LondonAugust 9, 2012
Pros: friendly
Cons: long hours, low pay, do not support work/life balance, micro-managing
For enterprise Canada/Management Trainee program, their starting wage is $12.00 an hour at 49 hours per week. Your performance is measured based on sales. I feel this position is ideal for students or those just starting out in the work force only and not for professionals pursuing a new or second career. Not what I had expected at all when I went for – more... an interview. I actually thought it would be a "Management Trainee Program" with in-class and on the job direct training for management, but it's just another name they've used for "Sales Agent". The staff is friendly but they do not support work/life balance and only view you as a $ or at least measure you only on your sales potential. – less
Enterprise Review
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Example: Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
Was fun, hours were a little hard but you got used to them. There wasn't a boring day and you learned a lot of skills that you need to run a business

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos