Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great experience
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great team, fun work environment, strong management
Cons: long hours, understaffing
I learned a lot from working at Enterprise for almost 8 years. They taught me how to conduct myself with the utmost professionalism, and I learned how to multitask efficiently during peak times. They were a great company to work for, and empowered me to make many decisions in lieu of asking for the next level of management. In the end, the work itself – more... became repetitive and a fresh start seemed in order. – less
ok place to work
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 10, 2014
it can be stressful when there is a shortage of cars and no other locations are willing to give you any since the branches are all commission based. Long hours and can only wear white and blue shirts.
Good starter career
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2014
Pros: career choices
Cons: long hours
Enterprise gave me the ability to learn a wide array of new skills, and really develop my talents and interests. As a whole, the management and co-worker teams were very supportive. Unfortunately, I found the hours too demanding to achieve a work/life balance and made the difficult decision to pursue a new career.
Great starter
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: experience, training, advancement
Cons: long hours, salary, washing cars in your suit, outdated policy on facial hair
Great training to get your experience in sales and management. Great way to learn customer service. But they burn out their managers quickly.
Tricks new graduates into an unrewarding career
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Brampton OntarioJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no lunches, long hours, understaffed
Be prepared to work a 60 hour work week. Branches are severely understaffed which requires managers to skip lunches. Instead of managing a branch you feel more like a baby sitter.
FUN
Management Assistant/Sales Executive - Augest (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 7, 2014
Great company for fresh graduates, with a organic structure. Fun, face paced environment.
Enterprise
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 1, 2014
Enterprise has an amazing training program. They will teach you all the things you need to know to become a great manager.

But they do make false promises so be cautious
BEST Employer BY FAR!!! Very Fun and Easy Going Place!
Car Detailer (Former Employee), Cambridge OntarioJune 12, 2014
Pros: parties, frequent raise opportunities, easy going, great staff, driving different types of vehicles
Cons: dirty/dry hands, gross things in vehicles
Best place by FAR I have been employed! The staff are great, best co workers ever! The company appreciates their staff. They have get together and appreciation days where you just meet with your co workers and have fun! Advancement is encouraged! They literally try to convince you to move up! It's not everyday you find a company who promotes advancement.
Management – more... was quite good but could have been a little more detailed as to the special terminology they use when training new employees.

A typical day at work for me as a car detailer was to arrive 1/2 hour early, start prepping the cars that came in overnight for new customers. Consisted of driving the car to the garage for a wash, cleaning inside, using car freshener etc. Then if needed, refueling and other odd jobs like picking up cars from service places etc. I also loved the job because instead of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning cars all day, they also sent me on errands like picking up and dropping off customers! That was best part because you always got to drive a different vehicle!

My least favorite part about the job was the fact your hands become dry, cracked and very sore! I recommend hand cream throughout the day! And the fact that some people leave the worst messes in the vehicles! You wouldn't believe what you can find in the back seat or in the trunk. But, they allow frequent breaks whenever you need it which is great especially because cleaning cars when the place is at peak hours can be tough. You have to work very fast!
Now, The best part about this job was driving all the new cars! They always have the current years vehicles so you get to see all the newest upgrades! And the fact that they evaluate you after 3 months and give you a chance at a raise! And not a small raise either, mind you.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend working here! Best company by FAR!
You ROCK Enterprise! :) – less
fun and friendly with a lot of challenges
Management Trainee/ Customer Service Representate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 31, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: long hours
fun and friendly work place with a lot of team work and long hours but very challenging and I basically learned how to run a branch and business.
Informative
Managerial Assistant/ Sales (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 19, 2014
very busy at times
great for customer service experience great for working under pressure experiece
fun workplace
Management Trainee (Current Employee), vancouverMay 11, 2014
Pros: fun work place, team work
Cons: long hours
great team work, best networking place, great business management training
Fast paced environment where career advancement is dominant
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: excellent corporate training & team building events
Cons: long hours
Great place to launch a career as you learn so many aspects of the business world. Sales, service, inside/outside sales, management, marketing. Great company culture with many team building practices and career advancement is almost mandatory.
Excellent coworkers and work environment. Flexible hours and opportunity for moving up in company
Car Detailer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2014
I've been there for two and a half years now, and it is an excellent job. I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys driving new cars, working outside for the most part, and dealing with customers. Good training, good work experience for multiple other career fields, and highly recommended.
GOOD PLACE TO LEARN ABOUT BUSINESS
Management Assistant (Current Employee), THORNHILL, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good business training
Learned about managing business
helping customers out
checking in cars
mostly busy days
Good competitive culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2014
Good competitive culture, plenty of opportunities to advance.
GOOD
Management Trainee (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 20, 2014
Pros: positive attitude, good benefit
Cons: long hours
The attitude of the company is very positive, friendly working environment, long hours on the job average about 55 hours on site including lunch sometime more.Good benefit and great help from the managers
Car prep (Current Employee), AjaxMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work with great staff and good location.
working hours are good and the location is great. Busy day fly by with the great friendly staff. At the end of the day we walk home all satisfied with the work and achievement.
DON'T DO IT
Management trainee (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 19, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
96 hours every two weeks for full time MTs full pay cheque is 1250... If you are stuck at a bad branch you do everything from cleaning cars in your suit or delivering a car with no driver behind you so you wait outside during winter.. Don't waste your time they feed you the lies of promotions all day everyday.. There's mts in my branch that's been here – more... for 4 years.( they say you can be branch manager in 3 1/2) if your "sales" number is not above average you will never make it anywhere and if you don't beg customers for shouts you'll never get noticed by upper management. Overworked under paid if you make assistant manager hours and stress is 10x more and pay is not worth the jump

The only upside is SOME of the people you interact with daily but it's only some – less
Not the best
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 16, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits, sales training
Cons: negative work environment, pressure to maintain numbers, high turnover, hostile coworkers due to advancement
Enterprise is a good company for people looking to advance. It is busy, and fast paced. Management cares more about numbers than employees though since their bonus is based on this. The pay is not great compared to other rental companies that make commission. At Enterprise you make commission for your managers and this puts a huge pressure on sales. – more... Customer satisfaction is a key point though and I felt this was a positive. As I said you can advance, but you need to be in the "club" in order to do so. Overall, I did not enjoy this job because of the enormous amount of performance pressure with very little return for myself as I was not seeking advancement. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free coffee and snacks, 1 hour lunch break, 55% off employee discount
Cons: long days (7am to 7pm)
-Great employers and management
-Great for business, retail, and customer service experience
-Great environment and includes a fantastic team
- Best part of the job is to drive brand new BMW's, Mercedes Benz's ect...

1 2 3 4 5

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos