Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3K reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced, customer service business focusing on employee development, sales and growth
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
With Enterprise Rent-a-Car we concentrate on four main points on a daily Basis. First and foremost is Customer Service. Our main goal is to reach as many customers as possible to create a loyal customer base. Second, we concentrate heavily on the development of our employees. By doing so, we are teaching our employees the fundamentals of our business and giving them the tools to not only help strengthen themselves, but also help strengthen the company as a whole. By taking care of our customers and our employees we will be able to positively effect the remaining two core areas of our business, growth and profits.

By paying attention to these four core areas (customers, employees, growth and profits) we are a well fucntioning and profitable business where teamwork rules. Teamwork and trust are the staples that hold together the four core areas of the business. Without teamwork, we would not be successful as no one person can run a business alone, without the support and help of their peers.

In order to accomplish all of this, there is one key rule, make work fun! Concentrate on making coming in to the workplace in the morning an enjoyable experience. As a leader, I need to set the tone and provide the energy for the team as we prepare for each and every day. Setting goals and being continuously and aggressively competitive amongst each other, in a respectful way of course, is an important way of ensuring we are creating the energy within the team necessary to be successful. As a leader, always make sure you are recognizing and celebrating success, but also – more... coaching and guiding where need be!

Working for this company has been so incredibly important to my professional development, it has created a work ethic that can't be beat, a desire to succeed that is second to none. I can bring these very same character traits to your business. I can help you win, and together, along with the team, we can be successful! – less
decent place to work
Service Agent (Current Employee), Markham, ON\February 1, 2016
Pros: rental benefits
- washing cars and driving customers to and from the branch
- I learned to be reliable
- management keeps changing, no stability
- co--workers were good people and I enjoyed them
good
Service Agent (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 21, 2016
working at enterprise was a great experience. everyone was very professional. i actually had a blast working for them, i felt like a family.
good workplace
service agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
- prepare cars for rental
- drive customers
- pick ups and drop offs
- take cars for oil changes, to head office, and other locations
Good people and great training
assistant manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working here but found that I was working close to 65 hours a week due to staffing shortages and just got burnt out.
OKAY if you're just out of school but don't stay long - itll suck the life force out of you
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), OntarioDecember 29, 2015
Pros: they buy you drinks sometimes, you get to drive nice cars
Cons: LONG HOURS, suit circle jerk, hard for women to move up
It was okay for like three months... I stayed for over a year. Long long long hours, that's what everyone complains about there. I remember being up at like 6 am and not getting home until 8 pm everynight. It's a lot of corporate B.S... a lot of dudes in suits that talk about why they are so amazing and why they should be promoted.

It's a lot of driving, for a whole year I drove customers around, picked them up at their house, dealt with awful miserable people all day (these people just got into an accident and you're selling them expensive insurance... and sometimes you don't have the right car for them).

It's a fun job that got me a closet full of suits and experience working in an actual career job.... but there is a reason that no one behind the desks are over 30. Everyone leaves.... or they will fire you for no reason (they are allowed to do this because they give you a pay-out).

This job also isn't the greatest for women. It's hard for women to move up. In Southwestern Ontario I'm not sure there was even a female who was an area manager.

Anyways. They do take you out and buy you drinks a lot, which is nice :).
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Enterprise was a great learning experience, they provide an excellent training program that teaches employees superior customer services skills.
Never work for them again
DRIVER (Former Employee), RICHMONDOctober 21, 2015
Worked for them for 2 weeks in 2007...Never been paid...Nothing more to say, did not pay me end of story delivered a car to where they wanted ti delivered to. Never met management , co workers great, worst part of job washing cars, best part of job was driving new vehicles but i did not get paid so this review is unnecessary
It was a ok place to work
Car Detailer and Service Assistant (Former Employee), montrealOctober 19, 2015
Pros: discount on renting cars
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed my time working there i would go to work and wash cars shuttle cars from one spot to another .The management team were nice people.
Business Rental Sales Executive (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
Excellent founding founding values that are customer service driven. A lot of opportunity for advancement and career development.
Good place to work for students
Service Agent (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 9, 2015
Get to drive a lot of new cars
Managers are all young and environment is fun yet professional
Typical day consists of cleaning interior and exterior of different types of vehicles, picking up and dropping off customers, and driving from branch to branch trading vehicles.
Great Learning Experience
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Fun Co-Workers, Driving Around, Choice Time Days
Cons: Long Hours, Low $ Amount of Benefits, Deal With Unpleasant People, Cleaning Cars In A Suit
The job can be really fun at times, you drive around in new cars a lot and your colleagues can be a hoot to work with. You can learn so much about how a business is operated and learn skills in sales and motivating. Mostly everyone is young and the people are nice.

However you are likely to burn out after awhile. You deal with a lot of unpleasant people and business accounts. Days are extremely long and you may not get a break. Benefits can be much better but they do give you a decent amount of vacation/personal days. You must be decked out in a suit and shoes and you will have to clean quite a bit of cars in that clothing. The computer software runs like your computer did back in 2001. Job has it's good days and bad days and it all depends where you are located and which manager you have.

Great working experience and great for those people who have no interests or hobbies outside of work.
cold and wet
Management Assistant (Former Employee), brantfordSeptember 24, 2015
Great management and leadership, but long hours, especially through the winter and rainy spring. The pay is great for the work that is required. A lot of advancement available in the company.
Great - for some
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), edmontonSeptember 8, 2015
I loved working here, but the long hours really put you to the test.
I learned a lot and they give you a lot of responsibility. Every manager is a little different, so you just have to adjust with the different managing styles, as you will go through a few different managers in every branch
Customer service based industry
Customer Service Representative and Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 2, 2015
Pros: The repeat customers who remember you and what you talked about the last time they saw you
Cons: the slower times in the branch when nothing is happening, I like to be busy
I pick up customers from our dealerships, body shops or our customers homes and bring them to our rental branch to get them a rental vehicle. I will explain the rental process to them so they are ready to go and know what to expect. Often times our customers have never rented a car before or are repeat customers that I have established a relationship with. We have a fun sales culture in the branch which allows everyone to get a long. The hardest part of the job is the customers who take out their frustrations on you. The best part of the job is the customers who appreciate the extra things you do for them.
Good launch to a business career
Branch Manager (Former Employee), southern ontarioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great business training
Cons: long hours, no work life balance
If you are looking to get a good understanding of everything business this is the job for you. You start in the same position as everyone else and move through the ranks as long as you have strong sales and customer service skills. They spend the time to help you develop your business acumen, and you can move up the ranks quite quickly if the conditions are right. The only downfall is that this is a position for new graduates or people without families. The hours are long once you get to management level (60+ hours/week) and you have to sacrifice your personal life for this job. If you are young, hungry to advance, and dedicated to working hard, this job is perfect for you. As you get older, and take on more responsibility in your personal life (marriage, kids, ect.) you will find that you must choose between your career and your personal life. This job does put a lot of strain on your personal relationships as you are never home to help build them and make them stronger. My advice to anyone considering this position is to get in young, learn as much as possible, and get out before you lose your personal life.
Long Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 22, 2015
Unable to accomplish much of a personal life as you need to work long hours at a lower wage to sustain minimum living wages. Was told there would be room for advancement but have been unable to advance after meeting required numbers and scores.
Fun and hands on work
Car Detailer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Drive new vehicles, Great work force
Cons: Long hours, Lot of work load, Difficult to schedule change
Working for enterprise car rentals as a car detailer was an enjoyable experience. Employees get to work with amazing coworkers and see lots of new vehicles. The management was excellent until one of the managers got fired. Since then a new manager has been appointed and working there has gotten more difficult. Employees are asked for more overtime hours and have a vast increase in workload.
Fun place to workk
Phone Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 26, 2015
It is fun place to work good atmosphere and friendly environment
Had a great time at this company while i was working ,
Learned lot from the company,Had gained lot of experience
Processed rental cars at YYZ Airport
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), toronto, onJune 22, 2015
Served as the primary sales contact in order to determine relevant products &
services for the executive car rental program.

Responded to and qualified incoming online and phone inquiries.
Headquarters