Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Great Starting company for young professionals
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 May 2015
Great Starting company for young professionals. Great training program. salary is as good as your willing to work for it. Work life balance is highly skewed towards the work. Always busy and something to learn. management in this company is very hit or miss.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
long, hard work
My summary of Enterprise
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC25 February 2016
I worked as a Management In Trainee, I was the top sells in BC for July, Augusts and September. I have an excellent customer services and I'm a very patient person and enjoys making conservation with customers and employees. I'm a very friendly and hard-working person with great personality. I would love to join this team and accomplish company goals.
Pros
Love to play and work as a team, There is NO I in team
Cons
Hate negative Attitude.
cold and wet
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  brantford24 September 2015
Great management and leadership, but long hours, especially through the winter and rainy spring. The pay is great for the work that is required. A lot of advancement available in the company.
DON'T DO IT
Management trainee (Current Employee) –  Calgary19 March 2014
96 hours every two weeks for full time MTs full pay cheque is 1250... If you are stuck at a bad branch you do everything from cleaning cars in your suit or delivering a car with no driver behind you so you wait outside during winter.. Don't waste your time they feed you the lies of promotions all day everyday.. There's mts in my branch that's been here for 4 years.( they say you can be branch manager in 3 1/2) if your "sales" number is not above average you will never make it anywhere and if you don't beg customers for shouts you'll never get noticed by upper management. Overworked under paid if you make assistant manager hours and stress is 10x more and pay is not worth the jump

The only upside is SOME of the people you interact with daily but it's only some
Pros
ZERO
Enterprise
Service agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
Enterprise is a good company to work with. Good work environment. Plenty of resources are offered but, i would like to find other fields of work being offered in toronto.
What is it all about
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto22 May 2015
Working for Enterprise-Rent-A-Car you have to enter this company with a business mind set, ready to work hard and be hungry to advancement. A typical day at work is rise early and leave late working extensive long hours, but its for helping people providing them a needed service. What I have learned is being a leader and how to run a successful business. Sales techniques that have helped me advance within my career and also how to be a much better seller. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I have helped giving them my definition of exceptional customer service.
Fun place to work. Good place to work while attending school. Was able to voice opinion and made the changes at work I believed needed to be made
Driver/Detailer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2014
I learned that everything at the office starts at the top. You must be honest with management and voice your concerns if changes are to made. This is something I did regularly. You see how management creates the work culture and how you can make the changes. You also learn about identity management and how many faces you have to put on at work. The hardest part of the job was just the hours I put in and balancing my extracurricular activities with school. This was something that I have finally done which has definitley improved my life.
Pros
driving cars
Cons
Dealing with extremely filthy cars.
Hard work, long hours for minimum wage
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2013
• 7:15 am start, 1 hour break and 6-6:30 finish
• clean cars all day, in the back of the office
• not very structured, very disorganized from the perspective in the back
• Pays 10.50/hour (minimum wage currently 10.25)
• physically demanding, washing and vacuuming cars by hand for ungrateful customers who complain that they aren't clean enough, when 10 minutes were given to clean it.
• customers that you drive (pick up or drop off) wont tip
• The company doesn't like hiring service agents(car preps) full time to reduce costs and they don't have to provide benefits.
Pros
some lunches covered by the branch
Cons
sleazy "used car salesman" mentality, long hours, low pay, high turnover
Amazing place to work with the right management in place.
Remarketing Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  BC, Canada23 January 2013
10 hour days at work can be long, but when working with good people it flies by

I learned how to effectively take control of a business and make it profitable. The skills and tools have been invaluable.

Co-workers were the reason why I made it past the "training" period (11 months). University grads making $13 an hour makes retention a problem.

Hardest part of the job is telling a customer they damaged a vehicle when they do not beleive they did.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team events and group gatherings.
Pros
good people
Cons
work many hours, wreak many nice clothes. change in management ruins culture.
Great starter
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC22 July 2014
Great training to get your experience in sales and management. Great way to learn customer service. But they burn out their managers quickly.
Pros
experience, training, advancement
Cons
Long hours, salary, washing cars in your suit, outdated policy on facial hair
Long Days, Little Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada25 September 2012
Enterprise prides itself on providing the opportunity to advance, but unless you are willing to take a remote outpost or are annointed as a "golden child" you are hopeless. The inept management just promises big things, lies to you and hopes you don't get mad.
The days are long and the customers pretty much walk all over you. You are taught to do whatever they want, personal integrity doesn't exist. Washing cars is a pain since they make you wear dress clothes while doing it.
Pros
free lunches occasionally, discounts on rental cars
Cons
long hours, hard to move up in desirable locations, washing cars, customers, inept management
Good starter career
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2014
Enterprise gave me the ability to learn a wide array of new skills, and really develop my talents and interests. As a whole, the management and co-worker teams were very supportive. Unfortunately, I found the hours too demanding to achieve a work/life balance and made the difficult decision to pursue a new career.
Pros
Career choices
Busy but great company
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 May 2016
It was busy most days but it went by fast and I liked driving around. I learned my way around the city and the fastest routes to get to my destination. My co-workers were all nice and so was my boss. The hardest part of the job was probably finding addresses but I learned in no time and the most enjoyable part was getting to drive around while making good money on a daily basis.
Pros
Got free pizza and got paid everyday
Cons
No set breaks
Best Job so far !
Management Trainee Program- Part time (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 March 2015
I must say this company is one of the best logistics company in north America. Their corporate culture, pay structure, management style, employee career enhancement are all factors that would motivate one to work for Enterprise rent a car.
Enterprise-rent-a-car
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc16 July 2012
In a typical day of work, you learn how to deal with the public due to the customer service skills needed to be successful. This is also probably the hardest part of the job as well because it is never easy dealing with the public.It is an environment where you always have something to do. The best part in my opinion is that you get to drive every new car out on the market. Management gives you the freedom to be independent and make decisions for yourself and the co-workers were all helpful and fun to be around.
Pros
drive new cars
Cons
very long hours
Management Trainee Program
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 November 2013
My time at enterprise was well spent getting to acquire alot of new skills and knowledge. days were long but there was great job security and was chances for advancement (as long as you are in tight with management)
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours, internal cliques
First job
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB1 March 2016
Was my first job, so i cant comoplain. The boss was nice, the sfatt were alright. I would never do a job like this again however, Because you have to be outdoors in the freezing weather, and th customers werent always the nicest.
Pros
paid break
nice
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
• Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 140%
• Received Top 10 BAE Award for a 100% rate of closed loans
• Efficiently managed more than 200 client relationships
• Executed the loan origination process, including ordering credit reports, appraisals and preliminary title reports.
• Grew customer base by 30% over 2 year period through community networking and innovative customer incentives
Fast paced enviroment, Room for advancement
Management Rental Rep (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB6 October 2014
Great company, always room for advancement. While working for Ecar I picked up a lot of valuable experience that I am able to transfer to future jobs. Overall Rating is 4 star, Management 5
Pros
Continuous learning
A great experience
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 August 2014
I learned a lot from working at Enterprise for almost 8 years. They taught me how to conduct myself with the utmost professionalism, and I learned how to multitask efficiently during peak times. They were a great company to work for, and empowered me to make many decisions in lieu of asking for the next level of management. In the end, the work itself became repetitive and a fresh start seemed in order.
Pros
Great team, Fun work environment, Strong management
Cons
Long hours, Understaffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.