Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Canada

Good starter career
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2014
Enterprise gave me the ability to learn a wide array of new skills, and really develop my talents and interests. As a whole, the management and co-worker teams were very supportive. Unfortunately, I found the hours too demanding to achieve a work/life balance and made the difficult decision to pursue a new career.
Pros
career choices
Cons
Hard work, long hours for minimum wage
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2013
• 7:15 am start, 1 hour break and 6-6:30 finish
• clean cars all day, in the back of the office
• not very structured, very disorganized from the perspective in the back
• Pays 10.50/hour (minimum wage currently 10.25)
• physically demanding, washing and vacuuming cars by hand for ungrateful customers who complain that they aren't clean enough, when 10 minutes were given to clean it.
• customers that you drive (pick up or drop off) wont tip
• The company doesn't like hiring service agents(car preps) full time to reduce costs and they don't have to provide benefits.
Pros
some lunches covered by the branch
Cons
sleazy "used car salesman" mentality, long hours, low pay, high turnover
Amazing place to work with the right management in place.
Remarketing Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  BC, CanadaJanuary 23, 2013
10 hour days at work can be long, but when working with good people it flies by

I learned how to effectively take control of a business and make it profitable. The skills and tools have been invaluable.

Co-workers were the reason why I made it past the "training" period (11 months). University grads making $13 an hour makes retention a problem.

Hardest part of the job is telling a customer they damaged a vehicle when they do not beleive they did.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team events and group gatherings.
Pros
good people
Cons
work many hours, wreak many nice clothes. change in management ruins culture.
General office work. Productive most days/
Clean vehicle exterior by hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of hard work, that was very team oriented. Most co-workers were easy to get along with. Management was supportive, easy to talk and relate to. Doing field work and interacting with the customers was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. Keeping myself busy, occupied and or motivated during slow hours was the hardest part of the job. I got a better understanding of what it is like be in the corporate field. I learned how much dedication it takes to build and run a business. Working at Enterprise has given me the motivation and confidence to want to start my own business. It also helped me improve my social and customer service skills.
Long Days, Little Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 25, 2012
Enterprise prides itself on providing the opportunity to advance, but unless you are willing to take a remote outpost or are annointed as a "golden child" you are hopeless. The inept management just promises big things, lies to you and hopes you don't get mad.
The days are long and the customers pretty much walk all over you. You are taught to do whatever they want, personal integrity doesn't exist. Washing cars is a pain since they make you wear dress clothes while doing it.
Pros
free lunches occasionally, discounts on rental cars
Cons
long hours, hard to move up in desirable locations, washing cars, customers, inept management
Enterprise Rent a Car Review
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 1, 2015
I started working at Enterprise in August 2014. I've been working mostly 5/6 days a week since I've started. My job duties are to check over cars, trucks, suvs and vans for damage after they have been returned, I drive the vehicles back and forth to and from car dealerships or body shops. I take the vehicles into the wash bay to clean. I've learnt to work at a fast pace and multi tasking is a huge part of the job. I enjoy working with the people I do and it is a good environment to work in after all. I haven't had any difficulties with the job and my most enjoyable part is to interact with those around me and work at a fast pace so that the day goes by faster and realizing that I accomplished a lot by the end of the day.
Pros
salary, co-workers, working at the airport, driving new vehicles, and gaining overtime
Cons
not damaging vehicles
Fun Work
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2015
the most enjoyable part of this job was getting to go on long drives in nice cars. The company has alot great management that you get to work with and the co-workers are also in great moods and ready to get into work.
Fast paced enviroment, Room for advancement
Management Rental Rep (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBOctober 6, 2014
Great company, always room for advancement. While working for Ecar I picked up a lot of valuable experience that I am able to transfer to future jobs. Overall Rating is 4 star, Management 5
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
Fun and relaxed work environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
I only worked here for a very short amount of time. The pay was minimum wage and the work was very much unskilled so I felt replaceable. My managers and co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with.
A great experience
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 21, 2014
I learned a lot from working at Enterprise for almost 8 years. They taught me how to conduct myself with the utmost professionalism, and I learned how to multitask efficiently during peak times. They were a great company to work for, and empowered me to make many decisions in lieu of asking for the next level of management. In the end, the work itself became repetitive and a fresh start seemed in order.
Pros
great team, fun work environment, strong management
Cons
long hours, understaffing
Fun but long hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonFebruary 25, 2015
Great ppl to work with. Your day starts at 7 in the morning and ends at 6pm. The hardest part of the day is when employees do not show up for work. This is a job based on team work and it depends on each person doing his/her part
Pros
advancement opportunities
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Enterprise was a great learning experience, they provide an excellent training program that teaches employees superior customer services skills.
Management Trainee Program
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2013
My time at enterprise was well spent getting to acquire alot of new skills and knowledge. days were long but there was great job security and was chances for advancement (as long as you are in tight with management)
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours, internal cliques
Enterprise-rent-a-car
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QcJuly 16, 2012
In a typical day of work, you learn how to deal with the public due to the customer service skills needed to be successful. This is also probably the hardest part of the job as well because it is never easy dealing with the public.It is an environment where you always have something to do. The best part in my opinion is that you get to drive every new car out on the market. Management gives you the freedom to be independent and make decisions for yourself and the co-workers were all helpful and fun to be around.
Pros
drive new cars
Cons
very long hours
Good place to work for students
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 9, 2015
Get to drive a lot of new cars
Managers are all young and environment is fun yet professional
Typical day consists of cleaning interior and exterior of different types of vehicles, picking up and dropping off customers, and driving from branch to branch trading vehicles.
fun place to work at
Management Training Program (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Management awesome to work with and teach you everything on running a business. The program also ties in with marketing,accounting, customer service and sales. Hardest part long hours. enjoyable part would be the training and people you work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fast Paced but a fun workplace with a helpful team
Sr. Customer Assistance Representative (Current Employee) –  YYZ - Toronto Pearson International AirportApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work constantly involves dealing with different customers and aiming to satisfy each and every customers needs.

The team of employees and management are very helpful and supportive, they continuously help each other accomplish duties in a timely and professional manner.
Fast paced work environment, everyone has fun there.
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work is gassing up vehicles, taking them through the car wash, clean the inside of the vehicle and drive them up to the airport to get rented out by customers. I learned a lot more about cars, coming into the job I knew very little. Management is awesome, they know how to treat their employees with care and respect and are great motivators. The co-workers are great, everyone is very friendly, hard-working and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect, it can get pretty exhausting day after day. The most enjoyable part of the job is listening to music and making the most out of the day with your coworkers.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
strong physical demand
Processed rental cars at YYZ Airport
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  toronto, onJune 22, 2015
Served as the primary sales contact in order to determine relevant products &
services for the executive car rental program.

Responded to and qualified incoming online and phone inquiries.
Good Stepping Stone Job
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 4, 2012
LONG hours. Low pay to start. Advancement low. Mediocre Business Management. Zero Work/Life Balance. Washing cars in suits.
Pros
good training.
Cons
long hours.

2.9