Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Excellent Management Team
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 June 2016
Working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car was an excellent experience. The management team was excellent and the employees were able to work in a team efficiently.
Fun work place with amazing coworkers
RETURN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2016
Return and inspect cars for damages and if they do file a report and serve great customer service.
How to give make our customers leave completed satisfied.
Management always did they best to help and accommodate your life with your work schedule.
Coworkers were amazing, joy filled, kind hearts and hilarious.
Having to confront customers about damage.
Working with people that have so much fun and energy. We grew friendships outside of work including the managers.
Very good work enviornment
Car Prep/Service Agent/Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2016
Very good working enviornment and has appropriate staff members.
Management is a strong asset to the company, support and leads the team members well.
Holds lots of company events such as; month end parties, summer bbq, etc.
Enterprise
Service agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
Enterprise is a good company to work with. Good work environment. Plenty of resources are offered but, i would like to find other fields of work being offered in toronto.
OKAY if you're just out of school but don't stay long - itll suck the life force out of you
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 December 2015
It was okay for like three months... I stayed for over a year. Long long long hours, that's what everyone complains about there. I remember being up at like 6 am and not getting home until 8 pm everynight. It's a lot of corporate B.S... a lot of dudes in suits that talk about why they are so amazing and why they should be promoted.

It's a lot of driving, for a whole year I drove customers around, picked them up at their house, dealt with awful miserable people all day (these people just got into an accident and you're selling them expensive insurance... and sometimes you don't have the right car for them).

It's a fun job that got me a closet full of suits and experience working in an actual career job.... but there is a reason that no one behind the desks are over 30. Everyone leaves.... or they will fire you for no reason (they are allowed to do this because they give you a pay-out).

This job also isn't the greatest for women. It's hard for women to move up. In Southwestern Ontario I'm not sure there was even a female who was an area manager.

Anyways. They do take you out and buy you drinks a lot, which is nice :).
Pros
they buy you drinks sometimes, you get to drive nice cars
Cons
LONG HOURS, suit circle jerk, hard for women to move up
Excellant career starter!
Fleet/Vehicle Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2015
Enterprise is definitely a place you should look into if you're interested in learning how to run your own business. Training is non-stop and the culture is wonderful
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Emphasis on selling certain products
A fun productive place to work
Car Specialist / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 June 2013
Enterprise is a cool place to work. Everyone is cool and fun to chat with, all young people with good sense of humor.

The only hard part of the job is dealing with customers but thats about it. The most enjoyable part of the job is driving all brand new 2013 cars.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Meeting New People, Branch Trips, End of the month
Cons
Long hours, No Benefits as a car prep, minimum wage.
Busy but great company
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 May 2016
It was busy most days but it went by fast and I liked driving around. I learned my way around the city and the fastest routes to get to my destination. My co-workers were all nice and so was my boss. The hardest part of the job was probably finding addresses but I learned in no time and the most enjoyable part was getting to drive around while making good money on a daily basis.
Pros
Got free pizza and got paid everyday
Cons
No set breaks
nice
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
• Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 140%
• Received Top 10 BAE Award for a 100% rate of closed loans
• Efficiently managed more than 200 client relationships
• Executed the loan origination process, including ordering credit reports, appraisals and preliminary title reports.
• Grew customer base by 30% over 2 year period through community networking and innovative customer incentives
Great starter
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC22 July 2014
Great training to get your experience in sales and management. Great way to learn customer service. But they burn out their managers quickly.
Pros
experience, training, advancement
Cons
Long hours, salary, washing cars in your suit, outdated policy on facial hair
Fun and hands on work
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2015
Working for enterprise car rentals as a car detailer was an enjoyable experience. Employees get to work with amazing coworkers and see lots of new vehicles. The management was excellent until one of the managers got fired. Since then a new manager has been appointed and working there has gotten more difficult. Employees are asked for more overtime hours and have a vast increase in workload.
Pros
Drive new vehicles, Great work force
Cons
Long hours, Lot of work load, Difficult to schedule change
Good launch to a business career
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  southern ontario28 July 2015
If you are looking to get a good understanding of everything business this is the job for you. You start in the same position as everyone else and move through the ranks as long as you have strong sales and customer service skills. They spend the time to help you develop your business acumen, and you can move up the ranks quite quickly if the conditions are right. The only downfall is that this is a position for new graduates or people without families. The hours are long once you get to management level (60+ hours/week) and you have to sacrifice your personal life for this job. If you are young, hungry to advance, and dedicated to working hard, this job is perfect for you. As you get older, and take on more responsibility in your personal life (marriage, kids, ect.) you will find that you must choose between your career and your personal life. This job does put a lot of strain on your personal relationships as you are never home to help build them and make them stronger. My advice to anyone considering this position is to get in young, learn as much as possible, and get out before you lose your personal life.
Pros
great business training
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
Not an Ideal Position for Professionals Pursing a New or Second Career
Mangement Trainee Program (Former Employee) –  London9 August 2012
For enterprise Canada/Management Trainee program, their starting wage is $12.00 an hour at 49 hours per week. Your performance is measured based on sales. I feel this position is ideal for students or those just starting out in the work force only and not for professionals pursuing a new or second career. Not what I had expected at all when I went for an interview. I actually thought it would be a "Management Trainee Program" with in-class and on the job direct training for management, but it's just another name they've used for "Sales Agent". The staff is friendly but they do not support work/life balance and only view you as a $ or at least measure you only on your sales potential.
Pros
friendly
Cons
long hours, low pay, do not support work/life balance, micro-managing
Terrible workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Dont work here they lay you off for no reason then advertise your job again within months. If I had known better I would have sued them.
First job
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB1 March 2016
Was my first job, so i cant comoplain. The boss was nice, the sfatt were alright. I would never do a job like this again however, Because you have to be outdoors in the freezing weather, and th customers werent always the nicest.
Pros
paid break
My summary of Enterprise
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC25 February 2016
I worked as a Management In Trainee, I was the top sells in BC for July, Augusts and September. I have an excellent customer services and I'm a very patient person and enjoys making conservation with customers and employees. I'm a very friendly and hard-working person with great personality. I would love to join this team and accomplish company goals.
Pros
Love to play and work as a team, There is NO I in team
Cons
Hate negative Attitude.
A Fun and Friendly Atmosphere Where Teamwork Rules.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, Ontario4 January 2012
I enjoyed my time with Enterprise Rent-A-Car very much. While I advanced throughout the company, my management was always there to support me or answer any questions that I may have had. The training I received was first class and the drive to succeed permeates through the company. Unfortunately, I had to leave due to my family situation, but I would still recommend Enterprise to any one. You work hard (50-60 hours a week sometimes) but you play hard (management knows how to reward their employees).
Pros
concrete advancement structure, excellent training, first class experience.
Cons
long days, tough on work clothes (washing cars), consistent understaffing and a high turnover rate.
Productive and great work place to kick start your business career
Senior Customer Associate Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2015
* Every day is different. Enterprise will make you work hard and reward you for the work you put in. Corporate gala's , branch lunches and coffee runs to keep you energized. On down time they train and on high time you see the fruits of your labor recognized as you blaze away the day.

*Management is amazing-- all staff is treated with respect and management is willing to make everything work to ensure employee happiness and retention.

*Hardest part of the job--> Long hours and lot of time required in. Social life will be hit hard but you trade experience for your youth.

Final statement-- Do it and leave unless you progress fast, then enjoy the ride
Pros
Culture, Management, Food
Cons
Good people, great experience; No work life balance, mediocre pay for hours worked
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON5 April 2015
Pros: Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides great experience to a person fresh out of University looking for an entry-level sales job with available internal advancement. You learn how to market local accounts and sell the available products as well as the brand, while gaining valuable experience that allows you to advance your career into management. The company really believes in customer service and every branch and individual is rated off of your customer service rating.

Cons: Head office management preaches a 'work-life balance' however there is absolutely no such thing at Enterprise. The expected work day is 7AM to 6PM and, once in management, you are often expected to not take lunch (contrary to what is said at Head Office). The culture at the branch is diluted by individuals with a high school mentality and there is a lot of speaking negatively about people behind their back. The company profits billions of dollars per year, while many people in the lower rungs on the front line are severely under paid for their contribution to the business.
Pros
Many great people, good experience
Cons
Extremely long hours, low pay for level of contribution
Wonderful company to work for but has its cons
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2016
When i originally started working for enterprise i loved my job, and i still do to this day, But with the economy slowing down, Managment has still Hired new people, when there is not enough work for the employees it has now. The starting wage is Atrocious, No one could live off it. It is hard to get a full time position as i have noticed over time enterprise only likes hiring part time employees.
It has gotten to the point now that you are lucky to work more than 3 hours most days.
Pros
Drive new cars daily, Amazing co workers
Cons
Low paying job, Terrible hours.