Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Canada

decent place to work
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON\February 1, 2016
- washing cars and driving customers to and from the branch
- I learned to be reliable
- management keeps changing, no stability
- co--workers were good people and I enjoyed them
Pros
rental benefits
Car Rental Company Review
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Competitive industry. Customer satisfaction constantly stressed. Solid front-line management. Benefits could be a bit more generous.
good
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 21, 2016
working at enterprise was a great experience. everyone was very professional. i actually had a blast working for them, i felt like a family.
good workplace
service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
- prepare cars for rental
- drive customers
- pick ups and drop offs
- take cars for oil changes, to head office, and other locations
Good people and great training
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working here but found that I was working close to 65 hours a week due to staffing shortages and just got burnt out.
OKAY if you're just out of school but don't stay long - itll suck the life force out of you
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  OntarioDecember 29, 2015
It was okay for like three months... I stayed for over a year. Long long long hours, that's what everyone complains about there. I remember being up at like 6 am and not getting home until 8 pm everynight. It's a lot of corporate B.S... a lot of dudes in suits that talk about why they are so amazing and why they should be promoted.

It's a lot of driving, for a whole year I drove customers around, picked them up at their house, dealt with awful miserable people all day (these people just got into an accident and you're selling them expensive insurance... and sometimes you don't have the right car for them).

It's a fun job that got me a closet full of suits and experience working in an actual career job.... but there is a reason that no one behind the desks are over 30. Everyone leaves.... or they will fire you for no reason (they are allowed to do this because they give you a pay-out).

This job also isn't the greatest for women. It's hard for women to move up. In Southwestern Ontario I'm not sure there was even a female who was an area manager.

Anyways. They do take you out and buy you drinks a lot, which is nice :).
Pros
they buy you drinks sometimes, you get to drive nice cars
Cons
LONG HOURS, suit circle jerk, hard for women to move up
Fun and rewarding atmosphere with great people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 15, 2015
A typical day would be providing customers with great service and the vehicle they needed when and where they needed it.
Learned about logistics, management, operations management and income statement. Along with that I learned how to impact the income statement through growth and cost-reduction.

Management was tough but fair and eager to get me to the next level. My co-workers were pleasant and professional and always an essential part of the team.

The most difficult part of the job is trying to meet growth expectations in the middle of a recession.

The most enjoyable part of the job is beating customer's expectations and making them satisfied.
Pros
Free rent and occasional free lunches and dinners
Cons
Long hours and a lack of work-life balance
Excellent workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Airport, CanadaNovember 30, 2015
I have learned to prioritize customer service and keep it compatible with job requirements and standards. My co-workers are great, and being involved in such a team is the most exciting aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with paperwork including damage reports and other reports. The most enjoyable is dealing with customer concerns and complaints. I have dealt with many customers from different countries, and learning about their issues and taking steps to resolve them is a process I find very rewarding.
Pros
Customer Service oriented
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Enterprise was a great learning experience, they provide an excellent training program that teaches employees superior customer services skills.
Fun, Fast-paced work environment
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 1, 2015
Beginning of our shifts we clean all cars dropped over night, during the day we rent cars to all walk-in customers or pre-booked customers. At Enterprise we also contact local dealerships such as Ford and Chrysler to offer there customers vehicles while their cars are in for maintenance. I am in charge of contacting Carstar or other body shops to check the status on specific customer vehicles and also contact insurance companies to approve rental reservations and coverage. I love driving customers to and from there homes and holding conversations with them. I also enjoy building relationships with the Enterprise staff. The hardest part of my day is around 3pm when we have rushes and need to find available cars around the city to rent at our branch. The most enjoyable part of the day is satisfying customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Flexible hours and fair pay
Cons
Rude customers but after I solve the issue the day is wonderful again.
Fun and relaxed work environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
I only worked here for a very short amount of time. The pay was minimum wage and the work was very much unskilled so I felt replaceable. My managers and co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with.
Never work for them again
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  RICHMONDOctober 21, 2015
Worked for them for 2 weeks in 2007...Never been paid...Nothing more to say, did not pay me end of story delivered a car to where they wanted ti delivered to. Never met management , co workers great, worst part of job washing cars, best part of job was driving new vehicles but i did not get paid so this review is unnecessary
It was a ok place to work
Car Detailer and Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  montrealOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there i would go to work and wash cars shuttle cars from one spot to another .The management team were nice people.
Pros
discount on renting cars
Cons
not enough hours
Business Rental Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
Excellent founding founding values that are customer service driven. A lot of opportunity for advancement and career development.
Good place to work for students
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 9, 2015
Get to drive a lot of new cars
Managers are all young and environment is fun yet professional
Typical day consists of cleaning interior and exterior of different types of vehicles, picking up and dropping off customers, and driving from branch to branch trading vehicles.
Great Learning Experience
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 8, 2015
The job can be really fun at times, you drive around in new cars a lot and your colleagues can be a hoot to work with. You can learn so much about how a business is operated and learn skills in sales and motivating. Mostly everyone is young and the people are nice.

However you are likely to burn out after awhile. You deal with a lot of unpleasant people and business accounts. Days are extremely long and you may not get a break. Benefits can be much better but they do give you a decent amount of vacation/personal days. You must be decked out in a suit and shoes and you will have to clean quite a bit of cars in that clothing. The computer software runs like your computer did back in 2001. Job has it's good days and bad days and it all depends where you are located and which manager you have.

Great working experience and great for those people who have no interests or hobbies outside of work.
Pros
Fun Co-Workers, Driving Around, Choice Time Days
Cons
Long Hours, Low $ Amount of Benefits, Deal With Unpleasant People, Cleaning Cars In A Suit
cold and wet
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  brantfordSeptember 24, 2015
Great management and leadership, but long hours, especially through the winter and rainy spring. The pay is great for the work that is required. A lot of advancement available in the company.
Great - for some
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  edmontonSeptember 8, 2015
I loved working here, but the long hours really put you to the test.
I learned a lot and they give you a lot of responsibility. Every manager is a little different, so you just have to adjust with the different managing styles, as you will go through a few different managers in every branch
productive
Bilingual Collector (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 20, 2015
Always meeting company's requirement
• Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
• Performing other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
• Enlisting the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
Excellant career starter!
Fleet/Vehicle Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Enterprise is definitely a place you should look into if you're interested in learning how to run your own business. Training is non-stop and the culture is wonderful
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Emphasis on selling certain products

2.9