Enterprise Holdings

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Perfect place to start your career
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2016
The hours are long, the pay is decent, but what one learns at this firm cannot be put to any price. For me it was nothing less than an practical MBA. I leaned in every step as grew within the company. I recommend any or all recent university graduates to join and work here for at least a year, it will be best start or push one needs. You will get the best people to work with, friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic, some of them will become your friends for life. In a regular day, you have to sell, provide excellent customer service, and grow your business.
great company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
starts at 7 am and finished 6-7 pm and its a very fast paced work where you are always on your toes between helping customers and working on back end.
Pros
great incentives plus bonus, awesome co-workers and great work enviroment
Cons
12 hours a day for 5-6 days a week
Running my own business
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2016
As a branch manager, you were given the autonomy to control all your cost and manage your bottom line. I learned the most at this company. I built my business, hired my staff,managed my team and was part of all the operations.
Pros
Learned hoe to run a business
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
don't stay too long
asst mgr (Former Employee) –  calgary18 February 2015
Ok first to start off with its an American owned company. .so that means they are cheap when it comes to wages/salary...when you first get a job here you are promised the world and told you can move up fast in the company.... true IF your in the "in" crowed that is your liked... if not we'll they do the ol keep you in your current role til you quit or stay and watch popular guys that started way after you move up. Secound bit should be first on the list is long crazy hours for low pay... if you work it out fast food joints will pay same for the amount of hours you put in... 12 hour days every day..expect maybe weekends. .my main advice...if your not moved up in 6 to 8 months leave....oh and be ready to think...why do I look like I should be an excutive. .but really I'm scraping dirt of car floors
Pros
drive new cars..rent cheap cars to friends
Cons
long hours politics false promises
Great Company
ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 November 2016
I enjoyed working here, training programs are really educational. While working here we became a big family. Although the balance of work and home life was not the best.
Great work environment
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 March 2016
An amazing company to work for. Management and co-workers are outstanding people to work with. If your looking to improve your customer service skills, work for Enterprise
Pros
Free lunches
car prep
car prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto billy bishop18 September 2016
well i liked it was fun i had a good staff while i was working for them.It was easy fun simply but steady at time.the best part i liked that i get to drive brand new vehicles get them ready to rent. no rush just kept it easy and did it on my own speed.
Fast Placed Environment, No time for Learning
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC14 April 2015
Enterprise is a company that provides great opportunities, if you are lucky enough to work at a branch that is well staffed enough to be able to take the time to train you. Although I was trained on many things, my desire to learn more could literally never be satisfied because I spent most of my time driving around moving cars or picking up customers. The personal management style did not work for me, although it did promote a high degree of professionalism. The hardest part of the job was the constant unnecessary scrutiny from my manager. I truly worked the hardest there, and was the first person in every morning and last one to leave every night. I would take full responsibility for the office, over others who had worked their longer than me. Yet I rarely received any praise from my colleagues or manager but would be made to feel personally guilty about slippery slope-type repercussions for small errors. The best part of the day was resolving and preventing conflicts with every customer who came into the office.
Pros
okay compensation, going outside
Cons
long hours, weekends and overtime, upset customers
Fun work place with amazing coworkers
RETURN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2016
Return and inspect cars for damages and if they do file a report and serve great customer service.
How to give make our customers leave completed satisfied.
Management always did they best to help and accommodate your life with your work schedule.
Coworkers were amazing, joy filled, kind hearts and hilarious.
Having to confront customers about damage.
Working with people that have so much fun and energy. We grew friendships outside of work including the managers.
Team environment
Customer Service, Follow Up, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2016
a good challenging place to work, a good team environment where people helped each other. you never once heard "that's not my job!".
rewards were given for exceeding customer service.
Fun tasky environment
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2016
Hardworking environment. Energetic place to be. You had to be outspoken and confident in other to satisfy management and also the consumer.
Excellent Management Team
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 June 2016
Working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car was an excellent experience. The management team was excellent and the employees were able to work in a team efficiently.
Very good work enviornment
Car Prep/Service Agent/Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2016
Very good working enviornment and has appropriate staff members.
Management is a strong asset to the company, support and leads the team members well.
Holds lots of company events such as; month end parties, summer bbq, etc.
Not the best
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 March 2014
Enterprise is a good company for people looking to advance. It is busy, and fast paced. Management cares more about numbers than employees though since their bonus is based on this. The pay is not great compared to other rental companies that make commission. At Enterprise you make commission for your managers and this puts a huge pressure on sales. Customer satisfaction is a key point though and I felt this was a positive. As I said you can advance, but you need to be in the "club" in order to do so. Overall, I did not enjoy this job because of the enormous amount of performance pressure with very little return for myself as I was not seeking advancement.
Pros
Advancement, benefits, sales training
Cons
Negative work environment, pressure to maintain numbers, high turnover, hostile coworkers due to advancement
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 September 2016
Great place to work, friendly staff, helpful as well. Real family environment, tough training program to help find great talent
OKAY if you're just out of school but don't stay long - itll suck the life force out of you
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 December 2015
It was okay for like three months... I stayed for over a year. Long long long hours, that's what everyone complains about there. I remember being up at like 6 am and not getting home until 8 pm everynight. It's a lot of corporate B.S... a lot of dudes in suits that talk about why they are so amazing and why they should be promoted.

It's a lot of driving, for a whole year I drove customers around, picked them up at their house, dealt with awful miserable people all day (these people just got into an accident and you're selling them expensive insurance... and sometimes you don't have the right car for them).

It's a fun job that got me a closet full of suits and experience working in an actual career job.... but there is a reason that no one behind the desks are over 30. Everyone leaves.... or they will fire you for no reason (they are allowed to do this because they give you a pay-out).

This job also isn't the greatest for women. It's hard for women to move up. In Southwestern Ontario I'm not sure there was even a female who was an area manager.

Anyways. They do take you out and buy you drinks a lot, which is nice :).
Pros
they buy you drinks sometimes, you get to drive nice cars
Cons
LONG HOURS, suit circle jerk, hard for women to move up
Duties, Customer service
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Canada9 August 2012
A typical day consists of renting vehicles to customers who qualify to rent a vehicle.
I learned that the customer is the most vital part of a business.
Management is there to ensure that employees and customers are happy.
Co-workers are like minded folk with a drive for success.
Hardest part of the job is making sure every single customer is completely satisfied with their rental process.
Most enjoyable part of the job is doing everything we can do to make sure every customer is completely satisfied.
Pros
great management, decent entry salary, discounted employee rentals
Cons
long hours, pay is not adequate for someone who must take care of a large family
Enterprise Rent a Car Review
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 March 2015
I started working at Enterprise in August 2014. I've been working mostly 5/6 days a week since I've started. My job duties are to check over cars, trucks, suvs and vans for damage after they have been returned, I drive the vehicles back and forth to and from car dealerships or body shops. I take the vehicles into the wash bay to clean. I've learnt to work at a fast pace and multi tasking is a huge part of the job. I enjoy working with the people I do and it is a good environment to work in after all. I haven't had any difficulties with the job and my most enjoyable part is to interact with those around me and work at a fast pace so that the day goes by faster and realizing that I accomplished a lot by the end of the day.
Pros
Salary, co-workers, working at the airport, driving new vehicles, and gaining overtime
Cons
Not damaging vehicles
Busy but great company
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 May 2016
It was busy most days but it went by fast and I liked driving around. I learned my way around the city and the fastest routes to get to my destination. My co-workers were all nice and so was my boss. The hardest part of the job was probably finding addresses but I learned in no time and the most enjoyable part was getting to drive around while making good money on a daily basis.
Pros
Got free pizza and got paid everyday
Cons
No set breaks
Enterprise
Service agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
Enterprise is a good company to work with. Good work environment. Plenty of resources are offered but, i would like to find other fields of work being offered in toronto.

Enterprise Holdings Reviews by Location