Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Canada

Enterprise
Service agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
Enterprise is a good company to work with. Good work environment. Plenty of resources are offered but, i would like to find other fields of work being offered in toronto.
Not the best
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 16, 2014
Enterprise is a good company for people looking to advance. It is busy, and fast paced. Management cares more about numbers than employees though since their bonus is based on this. The pay is not great compared to other rental companies that make commission. At Enterprise you make commission for your managers and this puts a huge pressure on sales. Customer satisfaction is a key point though and I felt this was a positive. As I said you can advance, but you need to be in the "club" in order to do so. Overall, I did not enjoy this job because of the enormous amount of performance pressure with very little return for myself as I was not seeking advancement.
Pros
advancement, benefits, sales training
Cons
negative work environment, pressure to maintain numbers, high turnover, hostile coworkers due to advancement
Fun tasky environment
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2016
Hardworking environment. Energetic place to be. You had to be outspoken and confident in other to satisfy management and also the consumer.
Terrible workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Dont work here they lay you off for no reason then advertise your job again within months. If I had known better I would have sued them.
Fun place to work at
Management Trainee Intern (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Helped branches strive financially and with customer service. Conducted retail sales and also B2B. Management is very helpful with its employees.
Excellent workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Airport, CanadaNovember 30, 2015
I have learned to prioritize customer service and keep it compatible with job requirements and standards. My co-workers are great, and being involved in such a team is the most exciting aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with paperwork including damage reports and other reports. The most enjoyable is dealing with customer concerns and complaints. I have dealt with many customers from different countries, and learning about their issues and taking steps to resolve them is a process I find very rewarding.
Pros
Customer Service oriented
Duties, Customer service
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  CanadaAugust 9, 2012
A typical day consists of renting vehicles to customers who qualify to rent a vehicle.
I learned that the customer is the most vital part of a business.
Management is there to ensure that employees and customers are happy.
Co-workers are like minded folk with a drive for success.
Hardest part of the job is making sure every single customer is completely satisfied with their rental process.
Most enjoyable part of the job is doing everything we can do to make sure every customer is completely satisfied.
Pros
great management, decent entry salary, discounted employee rentals
Cons
long hours, pay is not adequate for someone who must take care of a large family
Fun place to work
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Learn a great deal from all aspects of business from sales to marketing and client services to time management - co-workers are great
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at Enterprise taught me a lot about customer service.
Great working enviroment, and an amazing company to work for.
Was a enjoyable job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time there got along with everyone there.They had barbecues for us when we got good review.Had pizza fridays.was always busy if not id find somethings do.
Fun, Fast-paced work environment
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 1, 2015
Beginning of our shifts we clean all cars dropped over night, during the day we rent cars to all walk-in customers or pre-booked customers. At Enterprise we also contact local dealerships such as Ford and Chrysler to offer there customers vehicles while their cars are in for maintenance. I am in charge of contacting Carstar or other body shops to check the status on specific customer vehicles and also contact insurance companies to approve rental reservations and coverage. I love driving customers to and from there homes and holding conversations with them. I also enjoy building relationships with the Enterprise staff. The hardest part of my day is around 3pm when we have rushes and need to find available cars around the city to rent at our branch. The most enjoyable part of the day is satisfying customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Flexible hours and fair pay
Cons
Rude customers but after I solve the issue the day is wonderful again.
Hard work, long hours for minimum wage
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2013
• 7:15 am start, 1 hour break and 6-6:30 finish
• clean cars all day, in the back of the office
• not very structured, very disorganized from the perspective in the back
• Pays 10.50/hour (minimum wage currently 10.25)
• physically demanding, washing and vacuuming cars by hand for ungrateful customers who complain that they aren't clean enough, when 10 minutes were given to clean it.
• customers that you drive (pick up or drop off) wont tip
• The company doesn't like hiring service agents(car preps) full time to reduce costs and they don't have to provide benefits.
Pros
some lunches covered by the branch
Cons
sleazy "used car salesman" mentality, long hours, low pay, high turnover
Great place to work if you don't want to have a social life
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 29, 2013
Title says it all. Working here will teach you a lot about running a business but it will do so by asking you to sacrifice a lot. Offices are open 730am-600 pm and the staff is there all day. It is long, hard and often thankless work. Advancement is possible but it takes time. Money is good but only when you get to management level. All in all I enjoyed working there, but I enjoy not working there more
Pros
promote from within, good benefits for management
Cons
long hours, lack of communication from corporate officers
Exciting
Check wiper fluid (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 13, 2016
Get to drive different vehicles. Meet lots of people and very friendly. Able to move up in the company if possible. Have some outings with the company.
Awesome workplace
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2016
Awesome workplace, great team of people to work with, challenging and rewarding environment. Learnt plenty about operations, sales, and business.
Good people, great experience; No work life balance, mediocre pay for hours worked
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONApril 5, 2015
Pros: Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides great experience to a person fresh out of University looking for an entry-level sales job with available internal advancement. You learn how to market local accounts and sell the available products as well as the brand, while gaining valuable experience that allows you to advance your career into management. The company really believes in customer service and every branch and individual is rated off of your customer service rating.

Cons: Head office management preaches a 'work-life balance' however there is absolutely no such thing at Enterprise. The expected work day is 7AM to 6PM and, once in management, you are often expected to not take lunch (contrary to what is said at Head Office). The culture at the branch is diluted by individuals with a high school mentality and there is a lot of speaking negatively about people behind their back. The company profits billions of dollars per year, while many people in the lower rungs on the front line are severely under paid for their contribution to the business.
Pros
Many great people, good experience
Cons
Extremely long hours, low pay for level of contribution
productive
Bilingual Collector (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 20, 2015
Always meeting company's requirement
• Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
• Performing other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
• Enlisting the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
What is it all about
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 22, 2015
Working for Enterprise-Rent-A-Car you have to enter this company with a business mind set, ready to work hard and be hungry to advancement. A typical day at work is rise early and leave late working extensive long hours, but its for helping people providing them a needed service. What I have learned is being a leader and how to run a successful business. Sales techniques that have helped me advance within my career and also how to be a much better seller. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I have helped giving them my definition of exceptional customer service.
Long Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 22, 2015
Unable to accomplish much of a personal life as you need to work long hours at a lower wage to sustain minimum living wages. Was told there would be room for advancement but have been unable to advance after meeting required numbers and scores.
Tough work but good expierence
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Don't get me wrong this may well be one of the most valuable expierence you have on your CV. You will learn so much within a short period of time, you will feel as though you have been there for years!

The work is hard and the pay is quite bad. Be expected to work long hours( 48-55 hours a week). Expect all of your dress wear to get torn, muddy, sweaty and brake over the course of your first few months. Be ready to have pretty much no life outside of enterprise and taking breaks besides lunch is very much frowned upon. Benefits are okay. You get a cool 500$ to buy dress wear at the beginning. Additionally, they provide decent dental, health and prescription plans. You also get free lunches occasionally provided from managers and other staff members.

The work culture is amazing! Honestly, the culture and the ability to advance rather fast are the only reasons I am still with the company. People are great and the personalities are hilarious. The ability for advancement is solely based on the ability to sell additional products however you can make assistant manager and $1,000 bonus in 7 months if you work at it. I have seen many people rise fast in the company but I have also seen 30 year old men making 50-60,000/year and working as if they run the entire company!

It's a good company for a recent grad not exactly sure what they want to do. The potential for advancement is quick and easy while the work culture is fun and tedious. There are times you will want to quit on the spot, and others where you will be proud to be amongst the elite of the car rental business.
Pros
500$ dress wear voucher, good benefits, good job security
Cons
Long hours, poor low-mid level management, unrealistic expectations

2.9