Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Placed Environment, No time for Learning
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2015
Enterprise is a company that provides great opportunities, if you are lucky enough to work at a branch that is well staffed enough to be able to take the time to train you. Although I was trained on many things, my desire to learn more could literally never be satisfied because I spent most of my time driving around moving cars or picking up customers. The personal management style did not work for me, although it did promote a high degree of professionalism. The hardest part of the job was the constant unnecessary scrutiny from my manager. I truly worked the hardest there, and was the first person in every morning and last one to leave every night. I would take full responsibility for the office, over others who had worked their longer than me. Yet I rarely received any praise from my colleagues or manager but would be made to feel personally guilty about slippery slope-type repercussions for small errors. The best part of the day was resolving and preventing conflicts with every customer who came into the office.
Pros
okay compensation, going outside
Cons
long hours, weekends and overtime, upset customers
don't stay too long
asst mgr (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 18, 2015
Ok first to start off with its an American owned company. .so that means they are cheap when it comes to wages/salary...when you first get a job here you are promised the world and told you can move up fast in the company.... true IF your in the "in" crowed that is your liked... if not we'll they do the ol keep you in your current role til you quit or stay and watch popular guys that started way after you move up. Secound bit should be first on the list is long crazy hours for low pay... if you work it out fast food joints will pay same for the amount of hours you put in... 12 hour days every day..expect maybe weekends. .my main advice...if your not moved up in 6 to 8 months leave....oh and be ready to think...why do I look like I should be an excutive. .but really I'm scraping dirt of car floors
Pros
drive new cars..rent cheap cars to friends
Cons
long hours politics false promises
Busy but great company
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 9, 2016
It was busy most days but it went by fast and I liked driving around. I learned my way around the city and the fastest routes to get to my destination. My co-workers were all nice and so was my boss. The hardest part of the job was probably finding addresses but I learned in no time and the most enjoyable part was getting to drive around while making good money on a daily basis.
Pros
Got free pizza and got paid everyday
Cons
No set breaks
Excellant career starter!
Fleet/Vehicle Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Enterprise is definitely a place you should look into if you're interested in learning how to run your own business. Training is non-stop and the culture is wonderful
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Emphasis on selling certain products
Fun and friendly place where teamwork rules.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2016
Our brands are the most valuable things we own.
Enterprise is fun and friendly place where team work rules.
We work hard and reward hard work.
We strengthen our communities one neighborhood at a time.
Personal honesty and integrity are foundations of our success.
Great things happen when we listen, to our customers and to each other.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Wonderful company to work for but has its cons
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
When i originally started working for enterprise i loved my job, and i still do to this day, But with the economy slowing down, Managment has still Hired new people, when there is not enough work for the employees it has now. The starting wage is Atrocious, No one could live off it. It is hard to get a full time position as i have noticed over time enterprise only likes hiring part time employees.
It has gotten to the point now that you are lucky to work more than 3 hours most days.
Pros
Drive new cars daily, Amazing co workers
Cons
Low paying job, Terrible hours.
Friendly
Driver and customer service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
Management can sometimes be delusional about what needs to be done and what works but usually it's not a problem. Pay could be better as you have to be outside for long periods in the winter but it is okay for positions that are indoors only.
Pros
business to business account managers were empowered to build lasting partnership
Cons
seasonal for some vehicles
nice
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2016
• Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 140%
• Received Top 10 BAE Award for a 100% rate of closed loans
• Efficiently managed more than 200 client relationships
• Executed the loan origination process, including ordering credit reports, appraisals and preliminary title reports.
• Grew customer base by 30% over 2 year period through community networking and innovative customer incentives
50/50
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ONJune 2, 2016
They are very much a corporation, as long as you drink the koolaid and tow the line you will do well. They seem to consider their employees as disposable so as soon as they know you are disengaged or you read between the lines they show you the door. Good things are the hours are regular overtime is available.
Pros
Regular Hours
Cons
Poor training for managers, long hours
Great Starting company for young professionals
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 27, 2015
Great Starting company for young professionals. Great training program. salary is as good as your willing to work for it. Work life balance is highly skewed towards the work. Always busy and something to learn. management in this company is very hit or miss.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
long, hard work
Prepare yourself
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 28, 2016
Prepare for your life to change drastically, this is a company that requires 52 hours p/week minimum, and most of the time asks for many more hours than that. The pay is small and if you plan on climbing the corporate ladder you will need to relocate, not once but multiple times and quite frequently.
Cons
long hours, must relocate to succeed
Enterprise Rent a Car Review
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 1, 2015
I started working at Enterprise in August 2014. I've been working mostly 5/6 days a week since I've started. My job duties are to check over cars, trucks, suvs and vans for damage after they have been returned, I drive the vehicles back and forth to and from car dealerships or body shops. I take the vehicles into the wash bay to clean. I've learnt to work at a fast pace and multi tasking is a huge part of the job. I enjoy working with the people I do and it is a good environment to work in after all. I haven't had any difficulties with the job and my most enjoyable part is to interact with those around me and work at a fast pace so that the day goes by faster and realizing that I accomplished a lot by the end of the day.
Pros
salary, co-workers, working at the airport, driving new vehicles, and gaining overtime
Cons
not damaging vehicles
Good launch to a business career
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  southern ontarioJuly 28, 2015
If you are looking to get a good understanding of everything business this is the job for you. You start in the same position as everyone else and move through the ranks as long as you have strong sales and customer service skills. They spend the time to help you develop your business acumen, and you can move up the ranks quite quickly if the conditions are right. The only downfall is that this is a position for new graduates or people without families. The hours are long once you get to management level (60+ hours/week) and you have to sacrifice your personal life for this job. If you are young, hungry to advance, and dedicated to working hard, this job is perfect for you. As you get older, and take on more responsibility in your personal life (marriage, kids, ect.) you will find that you must choose between your career and your personal life. This job does put a lot of strain on your personal relationships as you are never home to help build them and make them stronger. My advice to anyone considering this position is to get in young, learn as much as possible, and get out before you lose your personal life.
Pros
great business training
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
Fun and hands on work
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Working for enterprise car rentals as a car detailer was an enjoyable experience. Employees get to work with amazing coworkers and see lots of new vehicles. The management was excellent until one of the managers got fired. Since then a new manager has been appointed and working there has gotten more difficult. Employees are asked for more overtime hours and have a vast increase in workload.
Pros
Drive new vehicles, Great work force
Cons
Long hours, Lot of work load, Difficult to schedule change
Running my own business
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 16, 2016
As a branch manager, you were given the autonomy to control all your cost and manage your bottom line. I learned the most at this company. I built my business, hired my staff,managed my team and was part of all the operations.
Pros
Learned hoe to run a business
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
Very good work enviornment
Car Prep/Service Agent/Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 20, 2016
Very good working enviornment and has appropriate staff members.
Management is a strong asset to the company, support and leads the team members well.
Holds lots of company events such as; month end parties, summer bbq, etc.
cold and wet
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  brantfordSeptember 24, 2015
Great management and leadership, but long hours, especially through the winter and rainy spring. The pay is great for the work that is required. A lot of advancement available in the company.
Enterprise
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 27, 2016
This is a fast paced company to work for with lots of potential to grow with the company, hours may seem long at times but overall this is a rewarding company to work for.
No good
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 15, 2016
Job is okay but management is horrible, no communication with the head office and sales and the front line management is all over the place
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Long hours and not enough pay
Excellent Management Team
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJune 24, 2016
Working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car was an excellent experience. The management team was excellent and the employees were able to work in a team efficiently.

2.9