Enterprise Holdings

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Interesting job that you have the chance to drive many brand new vehicles!
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 September 2016
Cleaning vehicles in a very fast step sometimes, the colleagues are very young and interesting, you could drive many different kinds of vehicles everyday. But the salary is not very competitive compared with the other service job. But it taught me a lot as a new immigrant in Canada.
Pros
Interesting job that you have the chance to drive many brand new vehicles!
Cons
As a part time job, the schedule is not very flexible. But you could make shifts with you colleagues.
Horrible place to work.
Car Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC7 November 2016
I HATE this company!!! Do not do it, they treat you like trash, you can work 40+ hours and you are still only "part time", they are too cheap to give benefits, and the wage sucks. The will tell you that they want to help you "grow" blah blah blah, but they will NEVER follow through with it.
Has been a wonderful job experience for 8 years
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2016
I have been a part time shuttle driver for 8 years with the company and they have been an excellent employer. The wage is quite low though and I would prefer more compensation for my service.
Pros
company discounts. DPS
Cons
salary
Exceptional company
CORPORATE LOSS CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
A strong, well run, fast moving company with excellent pay, advancement based on merit and unlimited earning opportunity. In exchange the company expects hard work and this is not hidden. Their values include "we work hard and we reward hard work".

If you are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial company in which to build a career based on intelligence and hard work, this is the company for you. If you are not sure if you will love working here, you will know very quickly: either you love it or hate it, rarely in between.

I would recommend this company to any young, ambitious person looking to build a corporate career.
Pros
exceptional training, development, compensation and opportunities
Cons
long hours, high expectations
Fun place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB28 September 2016
This company was a fun place to work and people was amazing but the pay wasn't that great. There was Many benefits but not enough money to survive off of.
Pros
Discounts on car etc
Cons
not enough pay
Overall a Positive environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 October 2016
Yes, the hours are long and sometimes you have to clean cars in your best dress clothes but it's worth it at the end of the day. The relationships you build with Enterprise will last a life time.

Management is positive and usually available to you with little notice. The hardest part of the job is fleet management. Getting enough cars to service all your needs can be challenging but it's part of the industry. Sometimes hotels sell out too when they could have taken 100 more room bookings.

The best part of the job is the people.
Pros
Team building outings, bi-annual meetings, freedom
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks
great place to learn, grow and sucess
assistant branch rental manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 November 2016
joined the company in 2015 and promoted twice in 2016 now I'm being transfer to Vancouver as a real management member. i learned so much from this company and yes I spend a lot of time and my energy into this job.

Enterprise is a place that you will get your reward through hard working. If you don't want to put in first then don't wish so much in return. This is not a place for people who are lazy and only want to to find a job and to get paid.
Pros
great learning process, fun business to run, good pay
Cons
long hours, stressful
Great Work Culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
This is not a career that anything is handed to you. Part of the belief with Enterprise is that "We work hard, and we reward hard work". This is true!

It is very long hours BUT if you are good at sales and have a teachable attitude you will be promoted. As well, the nature of who Enterprise hires with its MT Program are recent grads. Everyone is basically the same age and have similar interests. The company provides monthly paid outings to reward staff for their hard work and commitment. Also, because of the MT Program and promoting all from within - whatever stage I was at, I had supportive Managers that had been in my shoes at one point and understood my struggles, coached me and helped me to move forward.

I learned a lot about sales & customer service, Human Resources in a Coordinator position I had been promoted to, and loved working in the team environment.

The reason I gave it a 3/5 is that it is a great place to start a career - but it is not for everyone. It may feel in the beginning that you are giving your life to Enterprise - but on the flip side it is one big family. You will meet life long friends that are supportive of you and your career advancements.
Great at helping you become a Leader. Motivational and Challenging
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
Employed at Enterprise you really learn how to operate a business, inside and out. You learn skills that mostly tap into business development (marketing plans and sales), HR training and hiring, Revenue Management, Risk Management and Accounting(accounts receivable and cost control). I learned how to empower myself, and make critical decisions based on new situations you are faced with everyday. You become a better manager just by managing daily duties, working with a team, and molding colleagues to become the best at what they do. You achieve satisfaction from getting your colleagues promoted. Your co-workers enjoy being around you as they go through challenges together with you, sharing different experiences. But you also learn a lot more, like how to communicate professionally, lead a conversation, and drive success. The hardest part of the day can sometimes be the long hours, and rigorous winter conditions, but everyday brings new things to tackle which continue to make it interesting.
Pros
Forming great teams, driving success, and growing.
Just a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 March 2016
Worked for 3 years with Enterprise. As a driver you're kind of "nobody". No full-time, no benefits, no advancement, just do your job and be quiet. As management trainee it's better, but long hours and car cleaning. If you want to be appreciated, not a place to be.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no guaranteed hours, poor wages
Teamwork rules
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
A typical day at work, As a team we rent cars to about 40-90 customers a day depending on how busy the day is. However, It's not just about renting cars. We try our best to deliver great customer service to each and everyone of our customers. Great customer service keeps our customers coming back to our office, teamwork is very important when running a business/office, and great things happen when I listen to those I work with and customers. Hardest part would be the fact that there is not much work/life balance working for Enterprise. The hours are usually 12 hr shifts monday-friday and 8 hour shifts on the weekend. Just might have Sundays off depending on that particular office. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with. I've worked at 5 different location with Enterprise, and I loved every last one of my coworkers and managers. I notice, everyone who works and has worked for Enterprise are down to earth.
Pros
Growth within the company
Cons
not much work/life balance
Work your butt off for 13.00 a hour.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK3 November 2016
Don't even think about starting with this company. Answering phones, Cleaning vehicles in a white shirt & dress pants, Tending to customers, Management are just a bunch of back stabbers. Billion dollar company & they pay there employees 13.00 a HR. A complete joke.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Rate of pay, Poor management.
Tough work but good expierence
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Don't get me wrong this may well be one of the most valuable expierence you have on your CV. You will learn so much within a short period of time, you will feel as though you have been there for years!

The work is hard and the pay is quite bad. Be expected to work long hours( 48-55 hours a week). Expect all of your dress wear to get torn, muddy, sweaty and brake over the course of your first few months. Be ready to have pretty much no life outside of enterprise and taking breaks besides lunch is very much frowned upon. Benefits are okay. You get a cool 500$ to buy dress wear at the beginning. Additionally, they provide decent dental, health and prescription plans. You also get free lunches occasionally provided from managers and other staff members.

The work culture is amazing! Honestly, the culture and the ability to advance rather fast are the only reasons I am still with the company. People are great and the personalities are hilarious. The ability for advancement is solely based on the ability to sell additional products however you can make assistant manager and $1,000 bonus in 7 months if you work at it. I have seen many people rise fast in the company but I have also seen 30 year old men making 50-60,000/year and working as if they run the entire company!

It's a good company for a recent grad not exactly sure what they want to do. The potential for advancement is quick and easy while the work culture is fun and tedious. There are times you will want to quit on the spot, and others where you will be proud to be amongst the elite of the car rental business.
Pros
500$ dress wear voucher, good benefits, good job security
Cons
Long hours, poor low-mid level management, unrealistic expectations
Great place to start a career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 September 2016
Overall career path is very structured and organized. Employees really do know what is asked of them and how to advance. The long hours does catch up to you and there is something called burnout that can occur.
Pros
career growth
Cons
50 hour work week
Non-productive and brainless job
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  700 Bay Street West28 September 2016
More traveling for an employee without vehicle
Could learn how to clean vehicles properly
Management can be a bit ruthless but finally, the job is done well
My co-workers are nice and know the workplace quite well
Cleaning the entire car filled with wet mud is the hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to drive vehicles across Ontario
Pros
Driving different vehicles and discount for every agent
Cons
very tiring job
Stressful with Long Hours
Sr. Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 October 2016
The people I worked with are great and most of the staff are, however sales numbers are extremely important and the hours are very long. The flexibility of time off isn't terrible.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Stressful, Long hours
High energy atmospheres
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2016
No day was like the one before, everyday had variation. General duties were consistent, however aspects like acquisitions, balancing supply and demand, and interactions with clients and business partners were very unique. Everyday brought new challenges that we had to overcome, as well as new opportunities to be creative. The team setting was great, it was a high energy atmosphere that made the work environment fun.

The hardest challenge faced involved conflict management and resolution, often faced on a daily basis. Conflicts arise from clientele, business partners, and team members. It was hard to work through, however is important to overcome to have a successful growing business at the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part of my job was training new team members. It was satisfying sharing information and being asked questions that brings a new perspective to the way things are done.
Great Learning Experience
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2015
The job can be really fun at times, you drive around in new cars a lot and your colleagues can be a hoot to work with. You can learn so much about how a business is operated and learn skills in sales and motivating. Mostly everyone is young and the people are nice.

However you are likely to burn out after awhile. You deal with a lot of unpleasant people and business accounts. Days are extremely long and you may not get a break. Benefits can be much better but they do give you a decent amount of vacation/personal days. You must be decked out in a suit and shoes and you will have to clean quite a bit of cars in that clothing. The computer software runs like your computer did back in 2001. Job has it's good days and bad days and it all depends where you are located and which manager you have.

Great working experience and great for those people who have no interests or hobbies outside of work.
Pros
Fun Co-Workers, Driving Around, Choice Time Days
Cons
Long Hours, Low $ Amount of Benefits, Deal With Unpleasant People, Cleaning Cars In A Suit
Great workplace, long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 September 2016
-great place to work with a strong team environment
-work with people of a similar age
-only promote from within
-lots of ability to move up in the company
-many company hosted events
-really long hours of work
Pros
move up quickly, team environment, fun place to work
Prepare yourself
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 June 2016
Prepare for your life to change drastically, this is a company that requires 52 hours p/week minimum, and most of the time asks for many more hours than that. The pay is small and if you plan on climbing the corporate ladder you will need to relocate, not once but multiple times and quite frequently.
Cons
long hours, must relocate to succeed