Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Overall a Positive environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 October 2016
Yes, the hours are long and sometimes you have to clean cars in your best dress clothes but it's worth it at the end of the day. The relationships you build with Enterprise will last a life time.

Management is positive and usually available to you with little notice. The hardest part of the job is fleet management. Getting enough cars to service all your needs can be challenging but it's part of the industry. Sometimes hotels sell out too when they could have taken 100 more room bookings.

The best part of the job is the people.
Pros
Team building outings, bi-annual meetings, freedom
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks
great place to learn, grow and sucess
assistant branch rental manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 November 2016
joined the company in 2015 and promoted twice in 2016 now I'm being transfer to Vancouver as a real management member. i learned so much from this company and yes I spend a lot of time and my energy into this job.

Enterprise is a place that you will get your reward through hard working. If you don't want to put in first then don't wish so much in return. This is not a place for people who are lazy and only want to to find a job and to get paid.
Pros
great learning process, fun business to run, good pay
Cons
long hours, stressful
Interesting job that you have the chance to drive many brand new vehicles!
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 September 2016
Cleaning vehicles in a very fast step sometimes, the colleagues are very young and interesting, you could drive many different kinds of vehicles everyday. But the salary is not very competitive compared with the other service job. But it taught me a lot as a new immigrant in Canada.
Pros
Interesting job that you have the chance to drive many brand new vehicles!
Cons
As a part time job, the schedule is not very flexible. But you could make shifts with you colleagues.
Great Work Culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
This is not a career that anything is handed to you. Part of the belief with Enterprise is that "We work hard, and we reward hard work". This is true!

It is very long hours BUT if you are good at sales and have a teachable attitude you will be promoted. As well, the nature of who Enterprise hires with its MT Program are recent grads. Everyone is basically the same age and have similar interests. The company provides monthly paid outings to reward staff for their hard work and commitment. Also, because of the MT Program and promoting all from within - whatever stage I was at, I had supportive Managers that had been in my shoes at one point and understood my struggles, coached me and helped me to move forward.

I learned a lot about sales & customer service, Human Resources in a Coordinator position I had been promoted to, and loved working in the team environment.

The reason I gave it a 3/5 is that it is a great place to start a career - but it is not for everyone. It may feel in the beginning that you are giving your life to Enterprise - but on the flip side it is one big family. You will meet life long friends that are supportive of you and your career advancements.
Good environment, long hours, minimal pay.
MT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Great culture, but they ask to much for only $40k to start. 10+ hour days and weekend work gets frustrating. Work/life balance suffers. Good for single people.
Pros
Great culture, good training.
Cons
Company asks way to much out of the employee for what they pay, Long hours and weekend work, Usually short staffed so a person has to work every weekend.
Great at helping you become a Leader. Motivational and Challenging
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
Employed at Enterprise you really learn how to operate a business, inside and out. You learn skills that mostly tap into business development (marketing plans and sales), HR training and hiring, Revenue Management, Risk Management and Accounting(accounts receivable and cost control). I learned how to empower myself, and make critical decisions based on new situations you are faced with everyday. You become a better manager just by managing daily duties, working with a team, and molding colleagues to become the best at what they do. You achieve satisfaction from getting your colleagues promoted. Your co-workers enjoy being around you as they go through challenges together with you, sharing different experiences. But you also learn a lot more, like how to communicate professionally, lead a conversation, and drive success. The hardest part of the day can sometimes be the long hours, and rigorous winter conditions, but everyday brings new things to tackle which continue to make it interesting.
Pros
Forming great teams, driving success, and growing.
Extremely productive, goal-oriented, and deadline driven place to work
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2017
Although it can get tough at times when there is a huge customer lineup to rent vehicles and the manager can get a bit cranky and encourage us to work a bit faster, this was completely understandable as many employees often work under pressure but this helped me alot in terms of character building and time management.
Other than that, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a fun and goal-oriented place to work at, where teamwork is something that builds a foundation for us and great things happen when we listen to the customers and to each other.
Pros
Free lunches on most Fridays, free coffee on cold days, hard-working and patient staff, loving and understanding managers
Amazing way to Launch Career
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME28 December 2016
My time at Enterprise has been great. I was promoted quickly and was put in situations that exposed me to managing under pressure. The culture at Enterprise is why I love showing up every ay. The only downfall is the hours and work/life balance.
Work your butt off for 13.00 a hour.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK3 November 2016
Don't even think about starting with this company. Answering phones, Cleaning vehicles in a white shirt & dress pants, Tending to customers, Management are just a bunch of back stabbers. Billion dollar company & they pay there employees 13.00 a HR. A complete joke.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Rate of pay, Poor management.
Teamwork rules
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
A typical day at work, As a team we rent cars to about 40-90 customers a day depending on how busy the day is. However, It's not just about renting cars. We try our best to deliver great customer service to each and everyone of our customers. Great customer service keeps our customers coming back to our office, teamwork is very important when running a business/office, and great things happen when I listen to those I work with and customers. Hardest part would be the fact that there is not much work/life balance working for Enterprise. The hours are usually 12 hr shifts monday-friday and 8 hour shifts on the weekend. Just might have Sundays off depending on that particular office. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with. I've worked at 5 different location with Enterprise, and I loved every last one of my coworkers and managers. I notice, everyone who works and has worked for Enterprise are down to earth.
Pros
Growth within the company
Cons
not much work/life balance
Great place to start a career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 September 2016
Overall career path is very structured and organized. Employees really do know what is asked of them and how to advance. The long hours does catch up to you and there is something called burnout that can occur.
Pros
career growth
Cons
50 hour work week
Exceptional company
CORPORATE LOSS CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
A strong, well run, fast moving company with excellent pay, advancement based on merit and unlimited earning opportunity. In exchange the company expects hard work and this is not hidden. Their values include "we work hard and we reward hard work".

If you are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial company in which to build a career based on intelligence and hard work, this is the company for you. If you are not sure if you will love working here, you will know very quickly: either you love it or hate it, rarely in between.

I would recommend this company to any young, ambitious person looking to build a corporate career.
Pros
exceptional training, development, compensation and opportunities
Cons
long hours, high expectations
Nothing fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft st john21 February 2017
Company does not back its employees treats female employees badly hires mostly immigrants as they can work them 60 hrs a week and hold their green card as ransom horrible treatment of Caucasian employees .
Pros
Cons
Long hours little pay no support
Non-productive and brainless job
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  700 Bay Street West28 September 2016
More traveling for an employee without vehicle
Could learn how to clean vehicles properly
Management can be a bit ruthless but finally, the job is done well
My co-workers are nice and know the workplace quite well
Cleaning the entire car filled with wet mud is the hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to drive vehicles across Ontario
Pros
Driving different vehicles and discount for every agent
Cons
very tiring job
Great place to start a career
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
Enterprise was a great place to start a career in business. I strengthened my business acumen through managing accounting processes at a branch level, B2B marketing, and even some HR. Sometimes the hours tend to be a bit long, but the people you work with make it much easier.
Sale Management Training Development
Sr Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
Cold Calling
Training
Development
Supervising
Closing
Negotiation
Relationship Building
Administration
Sales
Conflict Resolution
Reviews
Logistics
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Just a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 March 2016
Worked for 3 years with Enterprise. As a driver you're kind of "nobody". No full-time, no benefits, no advancement, just do your job and be quiet. As management trainee it's better, but long hours and car cleaning. If you want to be appreciated, not a place to be.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no guaranteed hours, poor wages
Horrible place to work.
Car Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC7 November 2016
I HATE this company!!! Do not do it, they treat you like trash, you can work 40+ hours and you are still only "part time", they are too cheap to give benefits, and the wage sucks. The will tell you that they want to help you "grow" blah blah blah, but they will NEVER follow through with it.
Great workplace, long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 September 2016
-great place to work with a strong team environment
-work with people of a similar age
-only promote from within
-lots of ability to move up in the company
-many company hosted events
-really long hours of work
Pros
move up quickly, team environment, fun place to work
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2016
Good management, excellent co-workers. Be prepared to work hard and stay late. Enterprise provides opportunities to climb the corporate ladder if you are willing to work.