Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Training
Development
Supervising
Closing
Negotiation
Relationship Building
Administration
Sales
Conflict Resolution
Reviews
Logistics
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Great Company
ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 November 2016
I enjoyed working here, training programs are really educational. While working here we became a big family. Although the balance of work and home life was not the best.
great place to learn, grow and sucess
assistant branch rental manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 November 2016
joined the company in 2015 and promoted twice in 2016 now I'm being transfer to Vancouver as a real management member. i learned so much from this company and yes I spend a lot of time and my energy into this job.

Enterprise is a place that you will get your reward through hard working. If you don't want to put in first then don't wish so much in return. This is not a place for people who are lazy and only want to to find a job and to get paid.
Pros
great learning process, fun business to run, good pay
Cons
long hours, stressful
Horrible place to work.
Car Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC7 November 2016
I HATE this company!!! Do not do it, they treat you like trash, you can work 40+ hours and you are still only "part time", they are too cheap to give benefits, and the wage sucks. The will tell you that they want to help you "grow" blah blah blah, but they will NEVER follow through with it.
Work your butt off for 13.00 a hour.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK3 November 2016
Don't even think about starting with this company. Answering phones, Cleaning vehicles in a white shirt & dress pants, Tending to customers, Management are just a bunch of back stabbers. Billion dollar company & they pay there employees 13.00 a HR. A complete joke.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Rate of pay, Poor management.
Productive work setup
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
Typical day used to be busy and it was customer related work setup so every day new faces with new experience,manager and coworkers are all friendly the hardest part of the job was getting into the frozen cars in winter but in summer its fun and enjoyable.
Pros
discounts and respect for employees
Stressful with Long Hours
Sr. Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 October 2016
The people I worked with are great and most of the staff are, however sales numbers are extremely important and the hours are very long. The flexibility of time off isn't terrible.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Stressful, Long hours
Overall a Positive environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 October 2016
Yes, the hours are long and sometimes you have to clean cars in your best dress clothes but it's worth it at the end of the day. The relationships you build with Enterprise will last a life time.

Management is positive and usually available to you with little notice. The hardest part of the job is fleet management. Getting enough cars to service all your needs can be challenging but it's part of the industry. Sometimes hotels sell out too when they could have taken 100 more room bookings.

The best part of the job is the people.
Pros
Team building outings, bi-annual meetings, freedom
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks
Nice place to work.
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC19 October 2016
This job is is best suited for retired drivers with a pension as it is only 30 to 35 hours a week and paid only minimum wage.I f you are looking for something to do with your spare time as well as make a little money and you like to drive in Montreal and surrounding area this job may be for you.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Teamwork
Do not fall for a poorly run company!
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Lacking competent managers at all locations. Long hours with minimal pay. Unprofessional. They always over promise at Enterprise, but they advance anyone too quickly causing damage to their own name.
Teamwork rules
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
A typical day at work, As a team we rent cars to about 40-90 customers a day depending on how busy the day is. However, It's not just about renting cars. We try our best to deliver great customer service to each and everyone of our customers. Great customer service keeps our customers coming back to our office, teamwork is very important when running a business/office, and great things happen when I listen to those I work with and customers. Hardest part would be the fact that there is not much work/life balance working for Enterprise. The hours are usually 12 hr shifts monday-friday and 8 hour shifts on the weekend. Just might have Sundays off depending on that particular office. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with. I've worked at 5 different location with Enterprise, and I loved every last one of my coworkers and managers. I notice, everyone who works and has worked for Enterprise are down to earth.
Pros
Growth within the company
Cons
not much work/life balance
great company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
starts at 7 am and finished 6-7 pm and its a very fast paced work where you are always on your toes between helping customers and working on back end.
Pros
great incentives plus bonus, awesome co-workers and great work enviroment
Cons
12 hours a day for 5-6 days a week
Great Work Culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
This is not a career that anything is handed to you. Part of the belief with Enterprise is that "We work hard, and we reward hard work". This is true!

It is very long hours BUT if you are good at sales and have a teachable attitude you will be promoted. As well, the nature of who Enterprise hires with its MT Program are recent grads. Everyone is basically the same age and have similar interests. The company provides monthly paid outings to reward staff for their hard work and commitment. Also, because of the MT Program and promoting all from within - whatever stage I was at, I had supportive Managers that had been in my shoes at one point and understood my struggles, coached me and helped me to move forward.

I learned a lot about sales & customer service, Human Resources in a Coordinator position I had been promoted to, and loved working in the team environment.

The reason I gave it a 3/5 is that it is a great place to start a career - but it is not for everyone. It may feel in the beginning that you are giving your life to Enterprise - but on the flip side it is one big family. You will meet life long friends that are supportive of you and your career advancements.
Great workplace, long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 September 2016
-great place to work with a strong team environment
-work with people of a similar age
-only promote from within
-lots of ability to move up in the company
-many company hosted events
-really long hours of work
Pros
move up quickly, team environment, fun place to work
Cons
Interesting job that you have the chance to drive many brand new vehicles!
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 September 2016
Cleaning vehicles in a very fast step sometimes, the colleagues are very young and interesting, you could drive many different kinds of vehicles everyday. But the salary is not very competitive compared with the other service job. But it taught me a lot as a new immigrant in Canada.
Pros
Interesting job that you have the chance to drive many brand new vehicles!
Cons
As a part time job, the schedule is not very flexible. But you could make shifts with you colleagues.
Non-productive and brainless job
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  700 Bay Street West28 September 2016
More traveling for an employee without vehicle
Could learn how to clean vehicles properly
Management can be a bit ruthless but finally, the job is done well
My co-workers are nice and know the workplace quite well
Cleaning the entire car filled with wet mud is the hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to drive vehicles across Ontario
Pros
Driving different vehicles and discount for every agent
Cons
very tiring job
Great place to start a career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 September 2016
Overall career path is very structured and organized. Employees really do know what is asked of them and how to advance. The long hours does catch up to you and there is something called burnout that can occur.
Pros
career growth
Cons
50 hour work week
Fun place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB28 September 2016
This company was a fun place to work and people was amazing but the pay wasn't that great. There was Many benefits but not enough money to survive off of.
Pros
Discounts on car etc
Cons
not enough pay
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 September 2016
Great place to work, friendly staff, helpful as well. Real family environment, tough training program to help find great talent
Hard work with great training
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
Though the hours are long you can gain a great deal of management experience in an extremely high energy atmosphere. Not for the faint of heart.

Enterprise Holdings Reviews by Location