Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Canada

Exceptional company
CORPORATE LOSS CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
A strong, well run, fast moving company with excellent pay, advancement based on merit and unlimited earning opportunity. In exchange the company expects hard work and this is not hidden. Their values include "we work hard and we reward hard work".

If you are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial company in which to build a career based on intelligence and hard work, this is the company for you. If you are not sure if you will love working here, you will know very quickly: either you love it or hate it, rarely in between.

I would recommend this company to any young, ambitious person looking to build a corporate career.
Pros
exceptional training, development, compensation and opportunities
Cons
long hours, high expectations
Just a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMarch 28, 2016
Worked for 3 years with Enterprise. As a driver you're kind of "nobody". No full-time, no benefits, no advancement, just do your job and be quiet. As management trainee it's better, but long hours and car cleaning. If you want to be appreciated, not a place to be.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no guaranteed hours, poor wages
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 29, 2016
very good for a start-up career in business management and sales should be recommended for young graduates in business finace marketing and sales
Pros
fun and energetic place to work
Cons
long hours are brutal
Fun and rewarding atmosphere with great people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 15, 2015
A typical day would be providing customers with great service and the vehicle they needed when and where they needed it.
Learned about logistics, management, operations management and income statement. Along with that I learned how to impact the income statement through growth and cost-reduction.

Management was tough but fair and eager to get me to the next level. My co-workers were pleasant and professional and always an essential part of the team.

The most difficult part of the job is trying to meet growth expectations in the middle of a recession.

The most enjoyable part of the job is beating customer's expectations and making them satisfied.
Pros
Free rent and occasional free lunches and dinners
Cons
Long hours and a lack of work-life balance
Fun and friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMarch 7, 2016
A typical day starts at 7 am and finishes at 6 pm. Everyone who works there is very fun and friendly. Everyone can work there way up the ladder to become management. Dealing with people is the best part of the day. Making someones day that much better puts a smile on my face and makes the day that much easier.
Car Rental Company Review
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Competitive industry. Customer satisfaction constantly stressed. Solid front-line management. Benefits could be a bit more generous.
Great work environment
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 28, 2016
An amazing company to work for. Management and co-workers are outstanding people to work with. If your looking to improve your customer service skills, work for Enterprise
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
OKAY if you're just out of school but don't stay long - itll suck the life force out of you
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  OntarioDecember 29, 2015
It was okay for like three months... I stayed for over a year. Long long long hours, that's what everyone complains about there. I remember being up at like 6 am and not getting home until 8 pm everynight. It's a lot of corporate B.S... a lot of dudes in suits that talk about why they are so amazing and why they should be promoted.

It's a lot of driving, for a whole year I drove customers around, picked them up at their house, dealt with awful miserable people all day (these people just got into an accident and you're selling them expensive insurance... and sometimes you don't have the right car for them).

It's a fun job that got me a closet full of suits and experience working in an actual career job.... but there is a reason that no one behind the desks are over 30. Everyone leaves.... or they will fire you for no reason (they are allowed to do this because they give you a pay-out).

This job also isn't the greatest for women. It's hard for women to move up. In Southwestern Ontario I'm not sure there was even a female who was an area manager.

Anyways. They do take you out and buy you drinks a lot, which is nice :).
Pros
they buy you drinks sometimes, you get to drive nice cars
Cons
LONG HOURS, suit circle jerk, hard for women to move up
Fun work place with amazing coworkers
RETURN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
Return and inspect cars for damages and if they do file a report and serve great customer service.
How to give make our customers leave completed satisfied.
Management always did they best to help and accommodate your life with your work schedule.
Coworkers were amazing, joy filled, kind hearts and hilarious.
Having to confront customers about damage.
Working with people that have so much fun and energy. We grew friendships outside of work including the managers.
decent place to work
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON\February 1, 2016
- washing cars and driving customers to and from the branch
- I learned to be reliable
- management keeps changing, no stability
- co--workers were good people and I enjoyed them
Pros
rental benefits
Great Learning Experience
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 8, 2015
The job can be really fun at times, you drive around in new cars a lot and your colleagues can be a hoot to work with. You can learn so much about how a business is operated and learn skills in sales and motivating. Mostly everyone is young and the people are nice.

However you are likely to burn out after awhile. You deal with a lot of unpleasant people and business accounts. Days are extremely long and you may not get a break. Benefits can be much better but they do give you a decent amount of vacation/personal days. You must be decked out in a suit and shoes and you will have to clean quite a bit of cars in that clothing. The computer software runs like your computer did back in 2001. Job has it's good days and bad days and it all depends where you are located and which manager you have.

Great working experience and great for those people who have no interests or hobbies outside of work.
Pros
Fun Co-Workers, Driving Around, Choice Time Days
Cons
Long Hours, Low $ Amount of Benefits, Deal With Unpleasant People, Cleaning Cars In A Suit
High energy atmospheres
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2016
No day was like the one before, everyday had variation. General duties were consistent, however aspects like acquisitions, balancing supply and demand, and interactions with clients and business partners were very unique. Everyday brought new challenges that we had to overcome, as well as new opportunities to be creative. The team setting was great, it was a high energy atmosphere that made the work environment fun.

The hardest challenge faced involved conflict management and resolution, often faced on a daily basis. Conflicts arise from clientele, business partners, and team members. It was hard to work through, however is important to overcome to have a successful growing business at the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part of my job was training new team members. It was satisfying sharing information and being asked questions that brings a new perspective to the way things are done.
My summary of Enterprise
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2016
I worked as a Management In Trainee, I was the top sells in BC for July, Augusts and September. I have an excellent customer services and I'm a very patient person and enjoys making conservation with customers and employees. I'm a very friendly and hard-working person with great personality. I would love to join this team and accomplish company goals.
Pros
Love to play and work as a team, There is NO I in team
Cons
Hate negative Attitude.
Good launch to a business career
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  southern ontarioJuly 28, 2015
If you are looking to get a good understanding of everything business this is the job for you. You start in the same position as everyone else and move through the ranks as long as you have strong sales and customer service skills. They spend the time to help you develop your business acumen, and you can move up the ranks quite quickly if the conditions are right. The only downfall is that this is a position for new graduates or people without families. The hours are long once you get to management level (60+ hours/week) and you have to sacrifice your personal life for this job. If you are young, hungry to advance, and dedicated to working hard, this job is perfect for you. As you get older, and take on more responsibility in your personal life (marriage, kids, ect.) you will find that you must choose between your career and your personal life. This job does put a lot of strain on your personal relationships as you are never home to help build them and make them stronger. My advice to anyone considering this position is to get in young, learn as much as possible, and get out before you lose your personal life.
Pros
great business training
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
Fun and hands on work
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Working for enterprise car rentals as a car detailer was an enjoyable experience. Employees get to work with amazing coworkers and see lots of new vehicles. The management was excellent until one of the managers got fired. Since then a new manager has been appointed and working there has gotten more difficult. Employees are asked for more overtime hours and have a vast increase in workload.
Pros
Drive new vehicles, Great work force
Cons
Long hours, Lot of work load, Difficult to schedule change
very dynamic and entertaining work environment
Assistant Directeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
Journey starts at 7.30am and what we want to do first is evaluate the ressources for the day in terms of reservations registered, vehicles on the lot ready to go versus vehicles missing, assigned tasks between employees and make sure we provide every customer during the day with perfect service.
besides that theres the administrative part that we take care usually after lunch make sure all the branch mails are checked and also the cash box the bank deposit, the marketing grid is cleared.
Pros
dynamism
Perfect place to start your career
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 17, 2016
The hours are long, the pay is decent, but what one learns at this firm cannot be put to any price. For me it was nothing less than an practical MBA. I leaned in every step as grew within the company. I recommend any or all recent university graduates to join and work here for at least a year, it will be best start or push one needs. You will get the best people to work with, friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic, some of them will become your friends for life. In a regular day, you have to sell, provide excellent customer service, and grow your business.
Quite the learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
Enterprise is very flexible because employees are coming from different backgrounds, different post-secondary education. You learn how to manage a business, run daily operations, and ensure outstanding customer service. Typically, you start your day with a team huddle with a plan of attack for the day, and we all go after our daily tasks.

The hardest part of the job would be the long hours, and at times, customer causing a scene for no reasons.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Long hours, Work-Life Balance is non-existent
cold and wet
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  brantfordSeptember 24, 2015
Great management and leadership, but long hours, especially through the winter and rainy spring. The pay is great for the work that is required. A lot of advancement available in the company.
Enterprise Holdings was a company that offered ample training and was a fun environment to work for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
I would recommend Enterprise Holdings to anyone coming out of college. You learn a lot about all aspects of business. There is an opportunity for advancement as well. The hours and pay may not be for everyone. I had no problem with the hours but I just did not see myself there for the next 20 years. I am looking for a company where I can begin a career and stay with for with until I retire. I really do not have negative things to say about Enterprise.

2.9