Here at Entero, a CAREER leads you to greater challenges and opens a window of opportunities to develop your skills and help you reach your highest potential. Our office is a community of like-minded individuals who enjoy solving tough problems and accomplishing great things. Your colleagues are your friends, who enjoy a corporate culture of having fun, participating in social events, and enjoying the journey. Your work is a combination of great ideas, team effort, and achieving results to meet the needs of our clients.
Entero is a leading enterprise software company delivering solutions for the oil and gas industry. In business for 18 years, we pride ourselves on being dynamic, inspired entrepreneurs. Our team is success-driven and comprised of experts with practical experience and solid, solution-based ideas Entero has developed a very innovative new tool for the Energy industry that is challenging current business processes. Explore www.entero.com to learn more.
Entero® ONE™ Overview
Entero® ONE™ is an exciting new software that our clients use daily to run their entire trading and marketing, logistics, and accounting operations, including plant allocations and production accounting. Entero ONE is utilized in multiple industries: NGL’s, natural gas, crude, ethanol and minerals, among others. Our application architecture uses advanced object-oriented principles and leading technology such as Java™ and Oracle® to maximize the flexibility, performance and scalability of our software. This technology and our innovative design keep employees challenged, interested and learning.
Joining us as a Business Analyst within our Problem Management Team your role will focus on understanding our client's business processes for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, multicurrency, Trial Balance, month end processes, including various reconciliations, and Joint Venture accounting. There will also be the potential to grow/contribute in the areas of Risk Management and Credit.
You will perform root cause analysis of issues, develop timely workarounds, document solid client business requirements, liaise with our requirements management and development teams to collaboratively design/change functionality and test subsequent solutions in new builds.
Utilizing your accounting and analytical skills, there are opportunities to contribute to the overall direction of the application and help ensure we achieve the optimal solutions for our clients. There are ample opportunities to learn multiple industries and many different areas of client operations.
Following ITIL best practices as well as IFRS and SOX the Problem Management Financial Accountant BA will be responsible for the following:
- Effective root cause analysis of issues raised by Entero clients and internally
- Identify effective work arounds on a timely basis
- Contribute to our known issues list
- For client change requests document thorough and concise business requirements from the client for review by our requirements management team
- Collaborate with our Incident Management team
- Review and discuss functional designs with our requirements management team
- Be responsible for documenting release notes as well as test solutions prior to release to clients
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Collaborate with internal SME’s to decide on best practice recommended solutions for clients
- Work efficiently and effectively to meet or succeed client expectations to ensure the client experience is of merit
- Maintaining current knowledge of IFRS and SOX
- Engage in client as well as internal training sessions
- Jump in and be engaged and learn our ERP system to ensure success as a Problem Management BA
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- CMA, CGA, or CA designation preferred
- Energy Industry experience
- Accounting education and experience with AR/AP, Trial Balance, General Ledger, various month end reconciliations, multicurrency, financial reporting and JV Accounting
- Production Accounting experience would be an asset
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
- Sharp analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficient use of MS Office
- Experience with one or more accounting systems, preferable ERP systems
- A team player willing to work in a challenging environment
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly deadline-oriented environment, managing multiple requests with varying levels of importance
- Committed to quality standards and continuous improvement
- Has strong analytical skills and maintains close attention to detail
- Has ability to build lasting customer and professional relationships, while striving for efficiency and effectiveness
- Dynamic, very collaborative, enthusiastic, confident and reliable team member comfortable and effective in both face-to-face and team work environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Displays high level of flexibility and adaptability to deal with change effectively
- Effectively prioritizes work to meet deadlines
Thank you to all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.