Entegrus Powerlines Inc. requires an Apprentice Power Line Maintainer for the Powerlines Division. This is a four year apprenticeship program requiring both practical and theory training. As a Power Line Maintainer your primary activity will focus on assisting with construction and maintenance on the overhead and underground distribution system up to and including 27.6 Kv, and tree trimming in the vicinity of power lines. Ensuring compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, the EUSA rulebook and Entegrus Powerlines Policies and Procedures.
The successful applicant will possess:
- An Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma.
- Completion of the Power Line Maintainer course at an accredited Ontario College or Trade School would be an asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License Class DZ or an ability to obtain a DZ License with an excellent driving record.
- Proven ability to work effectively and safely with a high regard for personal and public safety in a team setting.
- Experience in the safe operation of utility equipment and vehicles would be an asset.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR would be an asset.
- Be in excellent physical condition able to perform all duties related to this role including working both aloft and within confined spaces in a year round outdoor environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel and asset.
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills and can demonstrate the ability to work as a team player and the desire to provide exceptional customer service.
This position is a full-time union position based on 40 hours per week from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The successful applicant will also be available to assist with after hour emergencies as required, and will be required to live in the Chatham-Kent area. The wage schedule will be as per the IBEW Collective Agreement. The Progressions within the classification will depend on satisfactory performance on the job and successful completion of the Powerline Maintainer Certification.
Candidates interested in the above position are asked to submit a confidential letter and resume with references to Entegrus Powerlines Inc before 4:30 p.m., on November 15, 2013.
We thank you in advance for applying but only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.