Ensign Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
millwright apprentice
Millwright apprentice for drilling rigs (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 12, 2015
excellent company! Always felt useful, learned lots on the job and really great co-workers! Willing to train you and bosses are real helpful and nice to you, just return to them the same respect they give to you.
HR assistant
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good people and relaxed working environment
Cons: hireing freeze
• Handle coverall orders for all of Alberta
• New hire packages and information
• Filing
• Data entry
• Safety point awards
good co-workers terrible management
Roughneck (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2014
12 hour shifts 21/7 rotations 1 week of night then 1 week of days.
learned how to work on rigs.
the hardest part was heavy lifting and extreme cold temperatures
Real cold was the only thing. 20-
Derrickhand (Former Employee), Alberta CanadaAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no breaks, cold weather
Rigging up and down oil pumps that needed repair. Rig up rig. Pull rods out of hole replace pump and run rods back in a move to the next well
Company going through big changes
Payroll administrator (Former Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: accessable (downtown), great benifits, aproachable management, tight team (still friends), good learning enviroment
Cons: below industry wages, sloppy handling of personal info (sin #, ect), understaffed, poor handling of death within the department
-Typical day at work was a hourly payroll, bi weekly routine. I would upload the most recent time sheets from the various rigs and after going through them, contact various departments for approvals or changes.
-I learned: manual coding for payroll hours, salary deductions and credit programs and I gained a lot of overall experience with payroll programs.
-The management was fairly hands off but made themselves very available with their time to help facilitate. Were especially good with new employees and the early learning process.
-My coworkers were the best part until our department saw close to 70% leave within only a couple months.
-I found the hardest part to be fighting the daily grind over 2 years. Often most of my duties hadn't changed at all, which I didn't mind, just some days tended to drag on.
-Due to our department fluctuating heavily with the drilling seasons, we brought in a lot of temp help to ease the burden. Helping the learning process by being a senior team member enabled me to be in a complimentary or support role which is one that I find enjoyably because it adds more of a human element into my daily routine.
Not a very nice place to work, you are just a number
Senior Project Purchaser (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management
Could not wait for it to be over
Learned Rig Building, Purchasing, Management, equipment, Maintenance
Some were good to work with
Hardest part of Job was being there
When 4:30 came around
Assistant Operator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCFebruary 3, 2014
Wasn't a bad company, but the pay wasn't what they originally had stated when I first started
Fast paced, team dedication.
Motorhand (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2013
I enjoy working in an environment where team dedication is a large part of the job, learning correct techniques to accomplish any task and the safety fundamentals of doing such prove to be rewarding upon completion. A typical 12 hour day would consist of helping each member of the crew with daily routines from the start of the well to the completion of the well in timely and efficient manner while strictly adhering to safety. For myself the hardest part of my job was leaving my family for extended periods of time, while at the end of the day it was rewarding to feel that a hard honest days work was done and no one was injured.
Safe profesional company
Tractor Backhoe Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2013
Pros: l.o.a
Cons: long hours and away from home
Equipment is recent and mostly paving and siteworks.overal a good place to work .
Great company
Roughneck (Current Employee), Oxbow, SKNovember 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
easy going,
safe work environment
freindly staff
salary is above standard
Floorhand (Current Employee), albertaAugust 8, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: didnt fly us out
Great co-worker teaching me lots of stuff and good rig to work on