Supply Chain Analyst
Ensign Energy Services Inc. is one of the largest land-based drilling and well servicing contractors in the world and our business is growing. We are a leader in oil field services and we are committed to creating and using innovative technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of our operations.
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager the position of Supply Chain Analyst will work closely with Finance, Engineering and Operations managing the movement of inventories and equipment as well as providing analysis project support to Supply Chain Management.
- Performing pricing analysis as assigned
- Preparing tender documents, specifications and other exhibits that may be required
- Preparing bid evaluations to support the tender process
- Managing the movement of material and equipment by air, land, sea and rail using Ensigns’ carriers of choice to meet operational obligations and reduce cost
- Measuring, reporting and managing third party logistics, freight forwarders and carriers performance to organizational objectives
- Supporting the selection and management of carriers and brokers to meet our operational needs
- Purchasing fleet vehicles for Canada, per Ensign’s fleet management policy
- Small value, low risk pricing negotiations
- Creating process flow diagrams to support SCM process documentation
- Updating internal SCM website content as required
- Preparing monthly SCM presentation for the Executive Committee
- Facilitating the Global Travel Committee’s discussions on global corporate travel
- All other duties or projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 - 3 years experience in supply chain
- University degree or college diploma
- Professional designation or working towards one
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of business principles
- Working knowledge of contract administration and negotiation skills
- Experience in logistics, freight forwarding or customs management would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, particularly a proficiency in MS Office and data management
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and is a self starter
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a critical competency
- Proven ability to research and collate information
- Ability to travel
This position will be located in Calgary, Alberta.
Ensign Energy Services Inc. is one of the largest land-based drilling and well servicing contractors in the world and our business is...