Enmax Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Focus on worklife balance, good benefits and fun place to work
Administrator, Residential Engineering (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Promotes worklife balance
Cons: Not working in the field that I pursued
Typical day is unpredictable, fun place to work with fantastic colleagues and approachable management. Promotes worklife balance with amenities life gym.
Good wages, lousy managment
IT Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Company is very top heavy and in order to cut cost, they outsourced the IT department. Should have got rid of most middle and upper management and would have saved a lot more money and keep the people who actually work.
A Good first Job
Cook/Expo (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Very rushed workplace, limited staff in the concessions for cook. Overall the concession coordinators were nice, and a fine first job.
Friendly and supportive staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Gym, Long lunch break hrs, Flex days, medical and benefits with good salary and bonus
Cons: union based - instead of looking at the capabilities of a person, people are hired on the basis of number of years they have spent and paid the union.
Managers are very supportive and allow personal growth. Every day I am asked to do something new and something different which keeps me up and running. My co-workers are very friendly as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can own and be accountable for the work I do.
Uncomfortable atmosphere with open workstations
Assistant to ERP manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Pay check
Cons: Parking, location and unstructured
It was a hectic fast paced job. Had to jump in running to keep up witht the Tech team. was rather unstructured and there was no guidance, was just expected to know what I was doing without any training or guidance on a new data base
Generally a good Company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: some senior managers / vps need to be reviewed.
Have seen some examples (in the media as well) of poor manager behavior. This has had some very negative impacts on employees in some cases. This is a good Company to get into. Must be careful to not fall under the wrong branch internally as it seems a certain branch goes through a high percentage of lower leadership.
Productive and fun to work
Supervisor Engineer for Power Distribution (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible working time
Cons: non
I attend fire-fighting training that I have to drive a real fire fighter truck.
Miserable work environmnet
Customer Correspondence Representative Web&Written (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 16, 2014
A very stressful place to work. No support from management or union. High work volumes for amount staff number. Would not recommend this place.
Solid company
Utility worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Good company if you can avoid being in the underground utilities department for long. Labourers are always down to earth. Crew supervisors have split personalities. One on the record, one off. A few senior supervisor and management guys ruin the department for the rest.
A pleasure to serve
Projects & Solution Design (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: promote based on accumulated time
Normal restructuring aside I had a very good experience at ENMAX. From on boarding to end it was a pleasure. I was given enough autonomy to properly work through many projects with many great peers. Strong and health relationships between business and IT at this place. Management responds appropriately to recommendations and provides necessary funding for what needs to be done.
Fun and exciting workplace where you meet many new people.
Lounge Attendant (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 4, 2013
A typical day at work consists of me serving many customers that visit the Canadian Western Bank Lounge in the City of Lethbridge Enmax Center. I have learned many new skills since I became employed here. These skills include how to deal with unhappy customers, how to move quickly and how to deal with many customers at a time. The management has recently changed and so far we are we are all still trying to get to know each other. The hardest part of my job can be dealing with some customers that become unhappy but I really love all the new people I have the opportunity to meet.