English Montreal School Board

English Montreal School Board Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
EMSB needs to improve students and employees learning and working environment.
Research Facilitator (Former Employee), MontrealMarch 6, 2014
Pros: students are great to work with.
Cons: poor human resource support.
Intense internal politics. Poor pedagogical training. Specially human resource department provide extremely inferior service.
Exciting and productive job.
High School Laboratory technician (Former Employee), OptionsII, Royal West Academy, Laurenhill AcademyAugust 30, 2013
Pros: summer and winter vacations.
Cons: technology part in the woodshop.
Preparing experiments for students in grade 9 and 10. Always fun working with students on a daily basis.The hardest part of my job were the long hours preparing for exams which became all worthwhile with vacation to follow. The most enjoyable part was when the students experiments were successful. Never had problems working with teachers and management. – more... The atmosphere I created for myself was maintained with my co-workers once they entered my space. Outside of my space I adjusted to suit. Overall my experience was wonderful. – less
Productive and motivating environment.
Contracted Social Studies/Math Teacher (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 8, 2013
Implemented stimulating lessons to capture student’s attention and interest. Utilized discussion-based lessons in order to promote a deeper understanding of the concepts. Created and administered weekly quizzes and monthly tests to track student progress. Offered after-school tutoring to help struggling students improve their critical thinking and problem-solving – more... skills. Participated in various extracurricular activities. Attended all staff meetings and professional development workshops.

Having to deal with thousands of students in both jobs has not only given me confidence, patience, and ambition for excellence, but it has also thought me how unwavering support can really make all the difference in someone’s life. That is the ultimate goal.

Great co-workers very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Keeping on motivating the students was sometimes the hardest part of my job. It has taught me how to persevere and to effectively problem solve by approaching the situation with an open mind while developing different strategies to resolve and take charge.

The most enjoyable/rewarding part of my job was to make a difference is someone's life. – less
Working with student is enjoyable
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2012
I enjoyed to work with student. I was teaching French most of time or teaching history or geography in french. Sometimes I had special needs students.But I didn't have the quebecer accent.