Engineered Air Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place to work, ping pong table and tennis during lunch
Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
They start you off in their training program, at the time I thought it was bs because it was just manual labor and I hated the hours in the plant. You learn lots by getting your hands dirty and actually getting to see how it is all built and shipped to customers. When you are in the design office, it is really fun. You get your share of design work, and as long as you get them done, they will leave you alone. During the training program, they will have a sit down with you every month with every managers. It is really intimidating at first because you have no idea what they are going to ask you but after a while, you just learn to smile and answer the best as you can.
Since a lot of your co-workers are going through the same thing, they all complain about the same thing and it is nice because you get to hang out with them outside of work as well.
It was a lot of manual labor and you are exposed to fiberglass everyday when you work inside the plant, this is something everyone has to get used to or else you will hate your job.
Pros
you learn hands on experience
Cons
long hours, sometimes saturdays. they use you to get the plants caught up
I learned about electric motors
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
A place where I started to work on electric panels and wiring and then to set HVAC motors to hi voltage to low voltage such as another basic electric skills.
Pros
Indoor place
production
Factory Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
My time to work started from 7am to 3pm, and I am doing doors, dampers, burners and insulation of unit. I learned new design regarding HVAC unit. I can manage the time of what I am doing especially if there is a rush order from the clients. The hardest part is If I I encountered from this job is not co-ordinate other supervisor regarding the orders.i finished my job without wrong,
Pros
learning new design
Cons
overtime required if lots of orders
Not Structured
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 27, 2014
If you are looking for a company with structure and proper process/procedures in place, this is probably not the company for you.
Pros
some out of office type work
Cons
high stress environment
no room for advancement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2014
less pay, more work, no career advancement, mismanagement
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
mismanagement
Backwards Company stuck in the 70's
Grunt (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 30, 2013
I feel sorry for customers that have purchased products from this company. I have never seen such low quality work....ever! The place is a pigsty and its painfully obvious that the company doesnt care about their warehouse staff. The people in the offices are treated like gold however. Double-standards and hipocracy run wild here.
Cons
too many to list
Love it at Engineered Air
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2013
I love being apart of this team ... growing and contributing to our work enviornment ... the position is non stressful which is perfect ... I am able to be the front line ... have fun ... help others ... I will stay with them until retirement ... that will be the hardest part of the job ... to leave ...
A Great Place to Work
Parts Sales & Traffic (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2013
I have learned so much at this job. It went from a unorganized mess, literaly there were piles of papers all over the place. I put in place a filing system as well as a spread sheet to keep track of shipments. I learned about a product and the associated parts from asking questions and to this day I learn something new everyday
Pros
great people, and enjoyable work
Cons
low wages, and early hours
Stable company.
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2012
Physically demanding job requiring attention to details. Very stable company with extensive safety concern over employees.
Pros
free donuts and coffee during saturday overtime
a big manufacture that offer a stable jobs
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2012
Wiring electrical control panels here everyday. All the panels I wired were beautiful and were praised by my boss.
Pros
many overtime and partys
Cons
working long hours
not as bad
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Cheap salary, long hours , poor management but all in all the job was not bad. no physical work involved. Work at your own pace no stress or pressure.