Engineered Air Employee Reviews

always a challenge
HVAC Installer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 12, 2016
always a challenge to overcome. The work itself was engaging and never repetitive. Management tends to favor whom they like. Very discriminating work place, unless your one of them. If not, good luck they treat you with very little respect, cheap did i mention that.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
management
Can't even talk on the phone in break times
secret (Former Employee) –  NewmarketSeptember 12, 2016
Forced to work on weekends, can't talk to co workers very very very very very bad air quality of welding metals and wet paint to damage your lungs. Never trust them they don't keep their promise. If it is the last job to take on the planet then take it else please do yourself a favour and find a better place to work and do yourself a favour. They swing you all over you will not a fixed position. And yes you are way under paid in this trade they treat you like animal not even safe water to drink. Smells like rust.
Pros
NOTHING ABOUT IT
Cons
HR is just iconic and General Manager is is interving in everything
Productive fun workplace with tennis table (Calgary)
Engineering HVAC - Production, Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2016
Typical day at work: plant or design office, cubicles for engineers, everybody working together, easy to ask for help, fun workplace they have badminton and table tennis at lunch.

Hardest part of the job: possibly when working in the plant floor

Enjoyable part of the job: definitely co-workers and the material of work. opportunities to work in different areas.
Pros
environement
Cons
salary
Its fun to work .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I can do the job but the salary is not compensated with the work you are doing in this company specially they ask you to work in other department and you work it hard without proper compensation.But the good thing is this company is not doing layoff to the employee that they have they keep you or you stay as you wanted.
Pros
occassinally there are free snacks or lunch
Cons
Building covers for the air condition unit
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2016
Sometimes the job is rushed
We work long hours, but very happy for the result that we have done for the day
We manage to load and unload the big air conditioning units
Pros
Experience in loading big air condition units
fun place to work
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2016
• Assisted field manager and supervisor.
• Built custom rooftop air cooled and indoor water cooled air conditioning units.
• Built electric wires throughout the air conditioning units.
• Openly invited training from executives member to improve my skills.
• Manufacture different kinds and sizes of heating, air conditioning, ventilations and etc.
• Ensure all the custom air conditioning units are well designed and according to customer’s needs.
• Train new employee with the help of field manager and supervisor
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great people, good stability, lacking accountability in leadership
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2016
Overall, the stability and hours worked are sufficient, and the workforce they have make for a positive and mostly " fun" work experience. The management team however, seem to be far too concerned with themselves and their personal goals to make a proper "team" environment, and in-fighting and childish back-stabbing and finger-pointing are tiresome.
fun place to work, ping pong table and tennis during lunch
Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
They start you off in their training program, at the time I thought it was bs because it was just manual labor and I hated the hours in the plant. You learn lots by getting your hands dirty and actually getting to see how it is all built and shipped to customers. When you are in the design office, it is really fun. You get your share of design work, and as long as you get them done, they will leave you alone. During the training program, they will have a sit down with you every month with every managers. It is really intimidating at first because you have no idea what they are going to ask you but after a while, you just learn to smile and answer the best as you can.
Since a lot of your co-workers are going through the same thing, they all complain about the same thing and it is nice because you get to hang out with them outside of work as well.
It was a lot of manual labor and you are exposed to fiberglass everyday when you work inside the plant, this is something everyone has to get used to or else you will hate your job.
Pros
you learn hands on experience
Cons
long hours, sometimes saturdays. they use you to get the plants caught up
I learned about electric motors
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
A place where I started to work on electric panels and wiring and then to set HVAC motors to hi voltage to low voltage such as another basic electric skills.
Pros
Indoor place
production
Factory Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
My time to work started from 7am to 3pm, and I am doing doors, dampers, burners and insulation of unit. I learned new design regarding HVAC unit. I can manage the time of what I am doing especially if there is a rush order from the clients. The hardest part is If I I encountered from this job is not co-ordinate other supervisor regarding the orders.i finished my job without wrong,
Pros
learning new design
Cons
overtime required if lots of orders
Not Structured
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 27, 2014
If you are looking for a company with structure and proper process/procedures in place, this is probably not the company for you.
Pros
some out of office type work
Cons
high stress environment
no room for advancement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2014
less pay, more work, no career advancement, mismanagement
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
mismanagement
Backwards Company stuck in the 70's
Grunt (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 30, 2013
I feel sorry for customers that have purchased products from this company. I have never seen such low quality work....ever! The place is a pigsty and its painfully obvious that the company doesnt care about their warehouse staff. The people in the offices are treated like gold however. Double-standards and hipocracy run wild here.
Cons
too many to list
Love it at Engineered Air
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2013
I love being apart of this team ... growing and contributing to our work enviornment ... the position is non stressful which is perfect ... I am able to be the front line ... have fun ... help others ... I will stay with them until retirement ... that will be the hardest part of the job ... to leave ...
A Great Place to Work
Parts Sales & Traffic (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2013
I have learned so much at this job. It went from a unorganized mess, literaly there were piles of papers all over the place. I put in place a filing system as well as a spread sheet to keep track of shipments. I learned about a product and the associated parts from asking questions and to this day I learn something new everyday
Pros
great people, and enjoyable work
Cons
low wages, and early hours
Stable company.
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2012
Physically demanding job requiring attention to details. Very stable company with extensive safety concern over employees.
Pros
free donuts and coffee during saturday overtime
a big manufacture that offer a stable jobs
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2012
Wiring electrical control panels here everyday. All the panels I wired were beautiful and were praised by my boss.
Pros
many overtime and partys
Cons
working long hours
not as bad
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Cheap salary, long hours , poor management but all in all the job was not bad. no physical work involved. Work at your own pace no stress or pressure.