Engineered Air Employee Reviews

Average
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
Engineered Air was a company that manufactures Industrial grade HVAC, they have a lot of people working for them. The manufacturing line was good and ppretty safe workplace.
Pros
benefits provided
Cons
Low grade salary
Smoke and mirrors
Associate/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 August 2017
This is repetitive labor work that runs on the body hard overtime, try and keep up. It's a multicultural environment and a way to share cultural influences in the workforce. Training is there and is enforced but not always available. Management has a problem not getting rid of constant company issues between itself and staff, it rather regard itself as perfect then review it's practices towards individuals in it's working environment and never keeps staff up to date with company progress only the needs of production.
Pros
The people, the hours
Cons
Management has an ego problem, low pay for work involved, does not deal with issues of staff and internal company relations
Job Security and Variety of Task
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 April 2017
It's not everyday you find a place to work in the Newmarket area where you are not standing at an Assembly line pushing parts. The job is filled with a variety of task that make the day's go by quickly. I found that I was learning something new everyday I was there.

I don't think anybody is truly happy with what they get paid, but i found the Pay to be fair.

Supervisors are knowledgeable but could work on a few things to improve there teams.

Overall a positive experience
Pros
job security
Fun place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 March 2017
Place is not the best for management working there had fun with coworkers but the management promises things but never fallow through with it always imside
The worst job I ever had
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 March 2017
I spent 9 months working for Engineered Air. Management treated the employees like dirt. The pay was the lowest in the industry. Employees were expected to work overtime every day and Saturdays.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work environment
Great people in the plant
plant worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
I have worked at engineered air a bit now. I love the people in the plant, but management seems to not care about the plant employees.

hard work little pay
Pros
no lay offs
Cons
long hours little pay
Receiving Department/Driver
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2016
Typical job once get used to it..No pressure unless there is a job orders to meet with their demands and deadlines.All employees seems relaxed doing their job it just that they complain so much about their wages which I understand.I dont have a problem with mine as they compensate me at median rate after proving myself and trying to impress them from the start.Very supportive foreman and leadhand all the time..makes my life worthwhile and easier while in there..thanks to them! If you are looking for job security you are in the right place (if you believed you arent so equipt to compete in the outside world please stay).
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no union.mandatory overtime
Sometimes fun, productive
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
Good company because of its job security but low salary for its kind of work.
Assembler
Electrical
Piping
Welder
Sheet metal
Pros
N/a
always a challenge
HVAC Installer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 September 2016
always a challenge to overcome. The work itself was engaging and never repetitive. Management tends to favor whom they like. Very discriminating work place, unless your one of them. If not, good luck they treat you with very little respect, cheap did i mention that.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
management
Can't even talk on the phone in break times
secret (Former Employee) –  Newmarket12 September 2016
Forced to work on weekends, can't talk to co workers very very very very very bad air quality of welding metals and wet paint to damage your lungs. Never trust them they don't keep their promise. If it is the last job to take on the planet then take it else please do yourself a favour and find a better place to work and do yourself a favour. They swing you all over you will not a fixed position. And yes you are way under paid in this trade they treat you like animal not even safe water to drink. Smells like rust.
Pros
Nothing about it
Cons
HR is just iconic and General Manager is is interving in everything
Productive fun workplace with tennis table (Calgary)
Engineering HVAC - Production, Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
Typical day at work: plant or design office, cubicles for engineers, everybody working together, easy to ask for help, fun workplace they have badminton and table tennis at lunch.

Hardest part of the job: possibly when working in the plant floor

Enjoyable part of the job: definitely co-workers and the material of work. opportunities to work in different areas.
Pros
environement
Cons
salary
Its fun to work .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I can do the job but the salary is not compensated with the work you are doing in this company specially they ask you to work in other department and you work it hard without proper compensation.But the good thing is this company is not doing layoff to the employee that they have they keep you or you stay as you wanted.
Pros
occassinally there are free snacks or lunch
Cons
Building covers for the air condition unit
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2016
Sometimes the job is rushed
We work long hours, but very happy for the result that we have done for the day
We manage to load and unload the big air conditioning units
Pros
Experience in loading big air condition units
fun place to work
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2016
• Assisted field manager and supervisor.
• Built custom rooftop air cooled and indoor water cooled air conditioning units.
• Built electric wires throughout the air conditioning units.
• Openly invited training from executives member to improve my skills.
• Manufacture different kinds and sizes of heating, air conditioning, ventilations and etc.
• Ensure all the custom air conditioning units are well designed and according to customer’s needs.
• Train new employee with the help of field manager and supervisor
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great people, good stability, lacking accountability in leadership
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 March 2016
Overall, the stability and hours worked are sufficient, and the workforce they have make for a positive and mostly " fun" work experience. The management team however, seem to be far too concerned with themselves and their personal goals to make a proper "team" environment, and in-fighting and childish back-stabbing and finger-pointing are tiresome.
not as bad
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
Cheap salary, long hours , poor management but all in all the job was not bad. no physical work involved. Work at your own pace no stress or pressure.
fun place to work, ping pong table and tennis during lunch
Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2016
They start you off in their training program, at the time I thought it was bs because it was just manual labor and I hated the hours in the plant. You learn lots by getting your hands dirty and actually getting to see how it is all built and shipped to customers. When you are in the design office, it is really fun. You get your share of design work, and as long as you get them done, they will leave you alone. During the training program, they will have a sit down with you every month with every managers. It is really intimidating at first because you have no idea what they are going to ask you but after a while, you just learn to smile and answer the best as you can.
Since a lot of your co-workers are going through the same thing, they all complain about the same thing and it is nice because you get to hang out with them outside of work as well.
It was a lot of manual labor and you are exposed to fiberglass everyday when you work inside the plant, this is something everyone has to get used to or else you will hate your job.
Pros
you learn hands on experience
Cons
long hours, sometimes saturdays. they use you to get the plants caught up
I learned about electric motors
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2015
A place where I started to work on electric panels and wiring and then to set HVAC motors to hi voltage to low voltage such as another basic electric skills.
Pros
Indoor place
production
Factory Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2014
My time to work started from 7am to 3pm, and I am doing doors, dampers, burners and insulation of unit. I learned new design regarding HVAC unit. I can manage the time of what I am doing especially if there is a rush order from the clients. The hardest part is If I I encountered from this job is not co-ordinate other supervisor regarding the orders.i finished my job without wrong,
Pros
learning new design
Cons
overtime required if lots of orders
Not Structured
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2014
If you are looking for a company with structure and proper process/procedures in place, this is probably not the company for you.
Pros
Some out of office type work
Cons
High stress environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engineered Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8