EnerNOC

EnerNOC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ethusiastic
Marketing Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2014
good to work, tasks assigned properly. co-workers were co-operative and helped learn a lot from this experience
Great co-workers and good place to learn a lot
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of sales reps make over $200k per year
Cons: everyone in the company is treated like disposable trash
EnerNOC is a great place to work if you don't have a family and don't like to sleep. Whatever you do will never be enough.
Network Administrator Intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2014
Definitely work is #1 priority in life here, but I had a great experience.
Totally Fake Type 'A'
Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 5, 2013
Pros: everyone says free lunch and snacks. big deal but i guess you have to eat.
Cons: the people, the boredom. hardest part of my job was staying awake long enough.
EnerNOC is by far the worst company I have ever seen.. Everyone is a phony, hard charging type of clown that would push you in front of a train for a buck. Turnover is relentless, the work is mundane and management is useless. Rumor is that the idea for the company was stolen from another student at business school, like all good ideas.
Great place to work, if you love an RND environment.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches
It was a great place to work. Had an opportunity to research new and latest technologies. The co-workers are great and very supportive. I did not like though working alone, I am more of a team player. Management is great, and encourages new ideas.
Ive learned more in 13 months at EnerNOC than I ever imagined possible!
BDA- Inside sales (Current Employee), BostonMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, kitchens are filled with healthy drinks snacks, and almost always free lunch!
Cons: long hours, i was new to energy so ramp time longer than expected.
I cant say enough about the great people! I cant speak to past but it appears the company has made a tremendous investment in ensuring the employees concerns were heard and working hard to create culture of people that are not ony challengd but rewarded and given the flexibilty to have the work life balance that was previously lacking. My goup in particular – more... has a tremendous promotional rate- the inside sales team (BDA's) - truly a feeder pool for outside sales roles. – less
Fast paced, challenging work, unlimited opportunity if you seek it out
engineer (Current Employee), Boston, MaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: freedom to think outside the box, cross functional opportunities, fun!
Cons: high performance expectations for all, hours can be long, location (but new location is set for june '13)
I was hesitant to join after some of the reviews online- i was pleasantly surprised to see that little of that actually rang true. YES it is a challenging environment but I was actually seeking that in y next employer! You are surrounded by talented people always willing to help (in my opinion). Also it may be cliche but it really is work hard play – more... hard- my previous employers eliminate the "fluff" like social events, holiday parties, employee recognition awards- EnerNOC appears to be committed to keeping the entrepreneurial environment they set out with. Engineering has Innovation days that you only task is to come up with an innovative idea- regardless of topic- for a techie like m- that's a huge plus! – less
Amazing culture , employees are some of the brightest I've ever worked with!
Software Engineer (Current Employee), BostonMarch 16, 2013
Pros: working with cool tools, development opportunities, fun culture, financially stable, fully stocked kitchens!
Cons: location can be tough, long hours
Interview process was very thorough but now I see why- the employees here are truly best and brightest. Many also have major accomplishments outside work- truly work hard play hard! As an Engineer was pleasantly surprised at the major investments company is making in technology!
Good Opportunities at a Fast Growing Company
Associate (Current Employee), BostonMarch 15, 2013
Pros: free snacks, interesting benefits and incentives, down town boston, growing company
Cons: if you do not have internal drive or thirst this my be a hard match
You will quickly be an expert in any department you work in and will be treated valuably. It is hard to maintain a work/ life balance in some departments, however in others it is cut and dry. Ultimately I have had a great experience, and have been treated great since day one. My managers respect me and are always my advocates.

EnerNOC is growing fast – more... and is not for everyone, but if you give it a try and have internal drive- you will NOT be disappointed. – less
Bad Management, turnover is a revolving door
Confidential (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 17, 2012
Cons: employees make mistakes that aren't caught, managers have no idea how to manage people, high employee turnover
Manager didn't know processes of their own employees, and the department had very weak procedures and controls. People don't stay more than a year. The managers have no idea whats going on.
work hard. play hard.
. (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 11, 2012
Great ground-level entrepreneurial spirit still exists though company is in a weird space between trying to grow and mature processes it might be going a bit overboard.
Middling About
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 26, 2012
Pros: good medical plan, generally paid for lunches when your on site
Cons: very low pay, no advancement potential, no respect
I took this job because of grandiose talk during the interview about how they were going to make the world a better place and were excited to create green technology. After working there for a little while, I realized they only wanted mechanics that could add. Almost all of my time was spent in machine rooms or adding up kWhs on the computer. The company – more... was so against using computers that almost everything we did had to be printed out numerous times. Any time a new idea was presented, it was immediately shot down by management, even if it had the potential of increasing productivity by a lot. Other companies will pay better and have you do less work in the industry. Everyone generally leaves within a year of starting here. – less
Fun place to start
Data Quality (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 10, 2012
Fun place to start, unclear how much upward mobility there is.

About EnerNOC

Working Toward a Clean Energy Future! Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of – Read more

EnerNOC Photos