EnerNOC

EnerNOC Employee Reviews

Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2015
Good place to work and reccommend it to one and all. No hassles with management, and environment is very peaceful & conducive to learning while working.
Good people, fun place
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. This is expected to become a big company in the energy industry.
Systems Engineer/JAVA Tools Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2015
Great place to work. It was definitely a meritocracy. Good ideas were put into place.

I was able to have a good work/life balance while working there. I did notice other teams where work/life balance seemed to be strained.

I was able to work remotely quite a bit, but this seemed to be a team-by-team decision.
Pros
free snacks, good benefits
Fast paced work environment that might lack experience
Manager of Manufacturing Operations (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoJuly 8, 2015
EnerNOC is an extremely fast paced organization, but in some regards lacks critical experience. Most of the staff at EnerNOC are fresh college graduates which breeds a launching ground for these folks to the rest of their career (Not necessarily with EnerNOC long-term). This type of work force also lends itself to a lack of vested interest in objectives and goals and promotions to folks that may not be completely qualified.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
Juvenile sense of doing business.
Culture can vary by department
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 27, 2015
Culture between depts and floors can vary. Fast paced and stressful in Engineering, but outlets exist in fooball table, kayak, and paddle boards.
My non-review, review
G&A group - Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2015
An interesting place to work. Smart, younger workforce routinely being pulled in a million directions with varying results and varying levels of engagement.
Fast growing clean tech company well poised to lead in Energy Management
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 3, 2015
EnerNOC provides first rate demand response, procurement and energy management software. The company has doubled in size in the last few years and had few competitors in terms of track record, focus and quality/breadth of offering.
Pros
Youthful, talented and dedicated workforce in a promising sector
Cons
Fast rate of change and management focus, employees can be left at a loss as to company direction
Intelligent coworkers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJanuary 29, 2015
Many intelligent folks in all areas of the company including engineering, operations, business development, marketing, etc.
Productive and Insightful
Contract Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2014
A very young, work-fun driven company, interested in their employees
Pros
free lunches, drinks
Cons
uncomfortable chairs
Challenging intellectual environment in a fast paced market
Sales (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 25, 2014
A great collection of smart people who are motivated to contribute to a mission-driven organization and change the way the world uses energy.
Ethusiastic
Marketing Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2014
good to work, tasks assigned properly. co-workers were co-operative and helped learn a lot from this experience
Great co-workers and good place to learn a lot
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
EnerNOC is a great place to work if you don't have a family and don't like to sleep. Whatever you do will never be enough.
Pros
a lot of sales reps make over $200k per year
Cons
everyone in the company is treated like disposable trash
Network Administrator Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2014
Definitely work is #1 priority in life here, but I had a great experience.
Totally Fake Type 'A'
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2013
EnerNOC is by far the worst company I have ever seen.. Everyone is a phony, hard charging type of clown that would push you in front of a train for a buck. Turnover is relentless, the work is mundane and management is useless. Rumor is that the idea for the company was stolen from another student at business school, like all good ideas.
Pros
everyone says free lunch and snacks. big deal but i guess you have to eat.
Cons
the people, the boredom. hardest part of my job was staying awake long enough.
Great place to work, if you love an RND environment.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2013
It was a great place to work. Had an opportunity to research new and latest technologies. The co-workers are great and very supportive. I did not like though working alone, I am more of a team player. Management is great, and encourages new ideas.
Pros
free lunches
Ive learned more in 13 months at EnerNOC than I ever imagined possible!
BDA- Inside sales (Current Employee) –  BostonMarch 19, 2013
I cant say enough about the great people! I cant speak to past but it appears the company has made a tremendous investment in ensuring the employees concerns were heard and working hard to create culture of people that are not ony challengd but rewarded and given the flexibilty to have the work life balance that was previously lacking. My goup in particular has a tremendous promotional rate- the inside sales team (BDA's) - truly a feeder pool for outside sales roles.
Pros
great coworkers, kitchens are filled with healthy drinks snacks, and almost always free lunch!
Cons
long hours, i was new to energy so ramp time longer than expected.
Fast paced, challenging work, unlimited opportunity if you seek it out
engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MaMarch 19, 2013
I was hesitant to join after some of the reviews online- i was pleasantly surprised to see that little of that actually rang true. YES it is a challenging environment but I was actually seeking that in y next employer! You are surrounded by talented people always willing to help (in my opinion). Also it may be cliche but it really is work hard play hard- my previous employers eliminate the "fluff" like social events, holiday parties, employee recognition awards- EnerNOC appears to be committed to keeping the entrepreneurial environment they set out with. Engineering has Innovation days that you only task is to come up with an innovative idea- regardless of topic- for a techie like m- that's a huge plus!
Pros
freedom to think outside the box, cross functional opportunities, fun!
Cons
high performance expectations for all, hours can be long, location (but new location is set for june '13)
Amazing culture , employees are some of the brightest I've ever worked with!
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  BostonMarch 16, 2013
Interview process was very thorough but now I see why- the employees here are truly best and brightest. Many also have major accomplishments outside work- truly work hard play hard! As an Engineer was pleasantly surprised at the major investments company is making in technology!
Pros
working with cool tools, development opportunities, fun culture, financially stable, fully stocked kitchens!
Cons
location can be tough, long hours
Good Opportunities at a Fast Growing Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  BostonMarch 15, 2013
You will quickly be an expert in any department you work in and will be treated valuably. It is hard to maintain a work/ life balance in some departments, however in others it is cut and dry. Ultimately I have had a great experience, and have been treated great since day one. My managers respect me and are always my advocates.

EnerNOC is growing fast and is not for everyone, but if you give it a try and have internal drive- you will NOT be disappointed.
Pros
free snacks, interesting benefits and incentives, down town boston, growing company
Cons
if you do not have internal drive or thirst this my be a hard match
Bad Management, turnover is a revolving door
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2012
Manager didn't know processes of their own employees, and the department had very weak procedures and controls. People don't stay more than a year. The managers have no idea whats going on.
Cons
employees make mistakes that aren't caught, managers have no idea how to manage people, high employee turnover