Analyst of government policies, regulations and programs
Policy and Advocacy
- Track and analyse public policy initiatives, legislation and programs regarding specific issues of interest to Enerkem - renewable energy, biofuels, climate change, waste management, renewable chemicals, etc. - in several jurisdictions such as Quebec, Alberta, Canada federally, US federally and internationally
- Support needs of the SVP, Government Affairs and Communications and the Director, Government Affairs, as they relate to public policy activities, such as drafting letters, writing talking points and testimony and preparing power point presentations
- Help supervise and coordinate work conducted by external consultants
- Work cooperatively with other relevant stakeholders, including industry associations, environmental organizations, and academia.
Education and Outreach
- Coordinate and participate in meetings, briefings, events, and other public policy venues aimed at educating and representing the Company.
- Coordination and processing of Funding Applications
- Coordinate the development and process of funding applications with internal stakeholders and liaise with governmental agencies for on-going obligations / reporting related to funding received.
Research and Information Gathering
- Provide and analyze information on relevant public policies as well as funding opportunities at the national level in the US and Canada, as well as at the local, provincial, state, and international levels as appropriate.
- Evaluate regulatory environment of target regions for Business Development team
- Ensure internal knowledge sharing by organizing and coordinating information sessions on key regulations, preparing memos for executive team on strategic issues and maintain internal contact and intelligence database
Bachelor’s degree in public affairs, environmental policy or a related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in government relations and/or public policy, ideally related to renewable energy issues
- Working experience in government agencies is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as with a wide range of people and entities
- Strong analytical skills and business sense
- Personal integrity and good judgment
- Flexibility to travel in Canada and in the US.
Indeed - 30+ days ago