The Senior Buyer is a key member of the Supply Chain function and, as such, is responsible for selecting suppliers for strategic equipment, modules, sourcing new suppliers and maintaining sound business relations with our existing suppliers to maintain an effective and competitive global supply chain.
- Prepare the calls for tender and define the choice of bidders.
- Negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
- Source and qualify new suppliers from around the word.
- Support the engineering group in finding new products.
- Manage Enerkem’s business relations with its suppliers.
- Participate in the development of new processes to improve efficiency.
- Support the Supply Chain function’s efforts to meet both the group’s and the company’s objectives.
Bachelor’s administration or engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in procurement or projects, preferably in the industrial or construction sector.
- Experience at the international level (an asset).
- Knowledge of computer software (ERP and Microsoft Office suite).
- Experience in negotiating contracts involving legal documents.
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written) – knowledge of a third language is an asset.
- Excellent communicator (ability to communicate at all levels of the organization).
- First-class negotiator.
- Ability to influence.
- Good listening skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to travel 10% to 20% of the time.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Enerkem is a leading waste to biofuels and chemicals company. It manufactures, owns and operates community-based advanced biorefineries...