During the construction phase, the Buyer will support the project group with the procurement and logistics related to the construction field activities including but not limited to the support for the construction contracts and procurement of material required by the project team. At the operation stage, he will be a key member of the Supply Chain function and, as such, will be responsible for selecting suppliers for strategic equipment, sourcing new suppliers and maintaining sound business relations with our existing suppliers to maintain an effective and competitive global supply chain.
- Prepare the calls for tender and define the choice of bidders.
- Negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
- Source and qualify new suppliers.
- Support the engineering group in finding new products.
- Manage Enerkem’s business relations with its suppliers.
- Participate in the development of new processes to improve efficiency.
- Support the Supply Chain function’s efforts to meet both the group’s and the company’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in procurement or projects, preferably in the industrial sector.
- Experience at the international level (an asset).
- Knowledge of computer software (ERP and Microsoft Office suite).
- Experience in negotiating contracts involving legal documents.
- Excellent communicator (ability to communicate at all levels of the organization).
- First-class negotiator.
- Ability to influence.
- Good listening skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
Indeed - 22 months ago
Enerkem is a leading waste to biofuels and chemicals company. It manufactures, owns and operates community-based advanced biorefineries...