Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Specialist focuses on resolving challenging business and technical issues while providing expert recommendations on day-to-day server and desktop software/hardware situations to Enerkem employees. Based in Edmonton, AB, he/she will work with a team of individual local users
- Troubleshoot and support standard desktop operating systems, and standard desktop applications (Microsoft Office, Antivirus, etc)
- Efficiently troubleshoot infrastructure issues (network connectivity, printing, internet)
- Assist with all IT Services set up for new employees including Phone, PC, Cellular Devices etc.
- Troubleshoot and support Microsoft Windows 2008 and 7
- Troubleshoot and support Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010
- Troubleshoot and support Autodesk AutoCAD products
- Demonstrate time management skills by prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-energy environment
- Ensure continuous improvement and follow-up with end users.
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- University Degree or Technical Diploma is required
- Positive attitude an willing to take the initiative to seek out internal process improvements.
- Possess strong active listening skills, with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Communication – advanced written and verbal skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Multi-task Oriented – ability to change gears quickly, analyze and assess and make appropriate recommendations both internally and externally
- Ability to work as a strong team player in various groups and divisions within the organization
Indeed - 2 years ago