Enerkem develops renewable biofuels and chemicals from waste.
Through the combination of a proprietary thermochemical technology platform and community-based advanced facilities, Enerkem addresses the challenges of oil dependence and waste disposal.
Enerkem has validated its proprietary technology over a period of 10 years using solid waste from numerous municipalities and other types of feedstock. The company’s process and business model are designed to profitably produce cellulosic ethanol from a large municipal solid waste supply.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the integrity of financial reporting and accuracy of data, the preparation and analysis of monthly financial results to forecast, insuring compliance with internal controls, corporate financial policies and procedures and assist the Plant Leader and the Financial Director in analyzing and reporting of site performance to plans.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Development, analysis, interpretation and reporting of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Directing the preparation of month end closing schedules including site financial statements, serve as liaison with corporate personnel on financial inquiries and insures corporate due dates for financial information are complied with.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the annual budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system) and analyzes and reports variances.
- Coordinates efforts and information requirements with site senior management and other managers to insure accurate financial reporting. Serve with site senior management in developing, directing & site specific and BU strategic initiatives & plans.
- Plans and directs the development, implementation and operation of accounting systems and procedures to reduce costs and improve information and efficiencies. Assist in the identification & tracking of cost improvement programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of the site monthly financial management reports and insuring their distribution to senior management.
-Supervision of AP / Accounting Clerk.
-Accounting designation or equivalent required and a minimum three (3) years’ experience.
-Strong financial background in a manufacturing environment; strong working knowledge of -general and cost accounting, internal controls and asset management. Strong analytical, administrative and management capabilities.
-Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains considered an asset.
-Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
-Experience in personnel supervision.