Enerflex Employee Reviews

Only good thing is salary, rest is terrible.
Journeyman welder (Former Employee) –  calgary north east16 December 2013
Not a very fun place to work. Although work is for work and not for fun I expect a more enjoyable workplace environment. Management was sub-par. They expected you to work overtime, even if you have a family. The only real benefit of Enerflex was the salary and compressed work week, but this was somewhat negated by the expected overtime hours. Also, no one knew what they were doing in relation to skid building.
A very good place to work and learn
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2015
At Enerflex, there is a very good culture on knowledge sharing, no matter the person you asked is co-worker or manager, you always can feel they are trying their best to answer your questions. The most enjoyable part of job is you always can learn new stuffs from your daily work; and the hardest part of the job is the schedule for each project is always very tight.
Pros
visit shop to see your design becoming true
Cons
workload is heavy
Excellent Work Ethics
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2015
Enerflex is a wonderful company to work for. They have the combination of an excellent work environment, excellent management and excellent team.
The benefits are great.
Management team is very efficient and great to work for.
Plasma Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
Great place great benefits awesome people. Loved waking up in the morning and going into work everyday plus the owner was very easy going and actually could remember your name.
Busy, fast paced, friendly
Business Partner Analyst, Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2015
Enjoyable company with a wide variety of opportunities to train in all departments. In house training when necessary with excellent management.
Best Work Team
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2016
Great, Energetic and Positive work Environment.

The Skid/Structural Welding Department has a Solid Group of guys that are easy to work with and learn from. They are Safe and Very Trustworthy. Best Team I've had the Chance to work with.

I would recommend working for this Company to anyone.
Good to bad
b pressure welder (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 September 2013
I've worked for Enerflex for almost a total of eight years over two different shop jobs. Unfortunately my management has been unable to maintain a steady work flow the last two years. Due to this the job security has become questionable on good days, and the chance for advancement in the company is next to none. As for my management it is continuously changing "suit the needs of the company" but from my end of it there's a lot of shady things going on. Asking your production manager to lay guys off and the laying him off after he's done all the dirty work is a little too underhanded for my likings. Currently the vessel shop has had an outrageous repair rate so I was asked to go over and help clean things up over there. Too my understanding I have been doing a good job but now that the "rush" jobs are almost done they are looking for heads to roll over things taking too long and having bad quality. Which seems to me that management isn't doing its part to help the guys along and only does what suits them best. Other then that the work environment is amazing, all the workers get along with nonresistant to minimal problems that I've ever seen. The hardest part of the job has been learning to fit and weld for myself in a timely fashion. We don't employ the use of fitters to prefit anything, the welder is just expected to clean, fit up and weld piping on their own.
Pros
Occansional lunchs good vacation package
Cons
Never knowing whats really going on with the company
outdoor kind of job
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 October 2015
.they always provide a safety training...they always have a variety of tasks on a day to day basis but it was exciting and challenging..
Pros
good people working arounnd with
Cons
poor management
Fun and great place to work
Finance Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2015
Plenty of opportunities for career growth and progression. I will recommend this company to anyone looking to build a career in IT and Engineering
not very fun placed
Project Controls Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 February 2013
never enjoyed myself poor management, poorly run, not much chance for advancement.
Great environment, morale and advancement opportunities
Purchasing Assistant/Expediting Lead (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 June 2015
I have learnt and had many opportunities at Enerflex over the years. Great place to work with a family atmosphere.
Chances for advancement were there.
Training and encouragement always available.
assemble production work
Fitter/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2015
fit and assemble parts
they changed management twice at Enerflex during time I was there
foreman was never on floor to supervise other works so there was very little actual production by allot of other staff
Pros
safety meeting every morning
Cons
to many employees not doing there job
Great place with great people!
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2015
Enerflex is a great place to work.

I would definitely enjoyed being able to stay there, if that had been an option.

Busy, but not unmanageable. People are friendly, helpful, and management is very open.

Enjoyed every day I went in.
Pros
Friendly management and coworkers
Cons
long drive
Advancement possible if you live in Calgary
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 March 2015
Our group was well managed by Enerflex then was moved under the Gas Drive umbrella. There was good design and engineering support.
Pros
Red Deer group was a great bunch to work with
Cons
Limited advancement if you don't reside in Calgary
Great safety program
Journeyman/Red Seal Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2015
This was a good company to spend some time at. The pay was good & expansion to a bigger shop facilitated the ease to continue work on bigger projects without compromise to safety initiatives, & standards.
Pros
hard working collegues
Cons
poor social skills by skid bay supervisor
Worst company to work for.
Heavy Equipment & Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 October 2015
Worst company to work for, no leadership. Most disorganized company I have ever seen. Workers walking off the job just to avoid dealing with the higher ups
Good Money
Welder Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2015
They need the right people to guide and lead .Not a big mouth yelling at everyone .They have need for people with skills to provide the knowledge and tools needed to think ahead . There is a need for guidance to find short cuts instead of coming in each shift with looking for problems instead of solutions . Hopeful they never give the lead position to the penguin big mouth millwright
Pros
Money
Cons
Everyone seems to be full of themselves
very prductive
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2012
everyday was busy always had something to do management was good got along with everyone learned a few things there was nothing bad about this job
ok
HD Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2015
ok to work for good for family life.co workers were great. the best part was something new all the time always learning. I would go back if asked.
Clean work environment
Contract Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary9 October 2014
Worked night shift. All co workers were easy to get along with. Understanding management.