Enerflex Employee Reviews in Canada

Challenging work with collaborative people
EPCM Project, Construction & Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 30, 2016
Excellent and challenging work with good load. Typical day at work is updating client scope change and deliver for yesterday. Young co-workers needed mentoring direction between departments. Required warehouse system integration updated because of constantly long searching for parts during fabrication. Interesting continuous improvement process on the go. Sometime I have asked the question to myself if Peter principle was all around (inputting the right people with the right qualification at the right position). I will add that training process was deficient.
Pros
Exciting work
Excellent place to work
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 24, 2016
Well managed. Superior support from co-workers and management. Excellent benefits. Lots of training opportunities
Overall good company
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
My experience was good because it gave me a very good lifestyle. Great pay and benefits with overtime available and it allowed me to singlehandedly support my family. I also learned a lot.
Efficient manufacturing shop
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2016
I learned a vast array of skills while working at Enerflex. Wiring devices and panels, welding and metalworking was very interesting and satisfying. Unfortunately, I was often told to not question my instructions and blind obedience was a highly valued trait. There were inconsistent expectations from different levels of management/superiors. Very divided work environment. Despite many different trades working together on a single project, conflicts and rework constantly arose due to a shop wide attitude that each trade should act as an individual unit. Although, I always enjoyed the opportunities to work with the engineers on unique or specially designed systems. I found the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a project completed and knowing how much i had contributed.
Pros
Consistent work hours
Cons
Conflicting expectations from management, Shop air quality (Pumping exhaust into the shop during test runs)
Productive environment with passionate people
document control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 15, 2016
What I enjoyed most was that no two work days were ever the same. It was a fast paced environment with multiple departments. There was always something to learn and there was opportunity to interact with every level of business from the welders on the floor to the General Manager. I was able to see a project from bidding stage, through fabrication and then inspection and shipping. I personally gained experience in Sales Administration, Quality Control, Document Control and Reception. The hardest part was working through process of our facility closing and remaining professional while retaining a high quality of work.
Pros
Flex-Time, great team of people
Cons
Oil/Gas Industry
Plasma Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Great place great benefits awesome people. Loved waking up in the morning and going into work everyday plus the owner was very easy going and actually could remember your name.
A flexible and enjoyable workplace.
Applications Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
Even during the tough economic time Enerflex tried their best to keep as much of their manpower as possible with alternative plans to lay-offs. Unfortunately they just could not maintain that and I was one of the casualties. Overall Enerflex was very good to me over the nearly 4 years of employment. Management was supportive and accommodating. The team I was a part of was experienced and a pleasure to work with. One of the things I appreciated the most was that when I had some family issues they were very accommodating and allowed me to work from home if needed by assigning me a company laptop. Working as an applications technologist allowed me to see a variety of different projects which kept things interesting. It also allowed me to converse with both clients and vendors, building up a network of contacts.
ok
HD Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2015
ok to work for good for family life.co workers were great. the best part was something new all the time always learning. I would go back if asked.
Worst company to work for.
Heavy Equipment & Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 15, 2015
Worst company to work for, no leadership. Most disorganized company I have ever seen. Workers walking off the job just to avoid dealing with the higher ups
Productive and well managed company
Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
Well managed company. Fast-paced and effective work conditions.
Would recommend company to others. Talented employees.
Fast paced and action oriented
Sub-contract coordinator supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 7, 2015
Enerflex promoted continuous growth. they offered in house training as well as paid for offsite training. The right tools were given to get the job done right.
Good Money
Welder Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2015
They need the right people to guide and lead .Not a big mouth yelling at everyone .They have need for people with skills to provide the knowledge and tools needed to think ahead . There is a need for guidance to find short cuts instead of coming in each shift with looking for problems instead of solutions . Hopeful they never give the lead position to the penguin big mouth millwright
Pros
Money
Cons
Everyone seems to be full of themselves
assemble production work
Fitter/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2015
fit and assemble parts
they changed management twice at Enerflex during time I was there
foreman was never on floor to supervise other works so there was very little actual production by allot of other staff
Pros
safety meeting every morning
Cons
to many employees not doing there job
Not very good at all
Management and Field tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJune 10, 2015
Very stressful place to work (lots of extra hours are expected)and poor planning from senior management. No one seems to care about workers safety/improvement or standards and the direction of the company seems to change by the month. Mass lay offs in Alberta as well.
Pros
Its a job? Pay is ok.
Cons
Hours/Stress/Management/company saftey culture/acountablity
Professional and Good Place to work
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,ABJune 3, 2015
 Verifying incoming shipments
 Confirming original orders
 Check Billing/Invoices
 Recording shipments
 Reporting conditions of the contents of shipments
 Route or move shipments to according departments
 Warehouse section
I enjoyed my time there.
Field Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
It was a good place to work at. The people I worked with were nice. Went out of town a lot on different jobs.
Stayed in camps.
Advancement- Opportunity to go from Pipefitter to Present position
Mechanical/Piping Assembly Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABMay 10, 2015
Grateful to Enerflex for the new position as Mechanical/Piping Assembly Lead hand. I am good at detail work and have enjoyed this position. I enjoy training and working with various individuals.
good place to work
Contract Welder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
good place to work, lots of work and friendly people good variety of work can learn lots of different skills if you are doing your apprenticeship
great core group
Process Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2015
In the 2 years that I worked for Enerfex, I was taught a variety of drafting practices and engineering principles. I was privileged to work for a great boss and diverse but excellent coworkers.
Advancement possible if you live in Calgary
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 5, 2015
Our group was well managed by Enerflex then was moved under the Gas Drive umbrella. There was good design and engineering support.
Pros
red deer group was a great bunch to work with
Cons
limited advancement if you don't reside in calgary