Enerflex Employee Reviews

enjoyed working for enerflex
Journeyman Machinist (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 November 2016
Good people and company to work for just an unfortunate situation of the oil and gas business . Management was always good at safety being a priority and the shop was kept very clean.
Review
Corporate Services & Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2016
This job was in the oil and gas manufacturing industry and was located in Calgary, Alberta. Enjoyed my time working there.
Great Company, Amazing Team
Mechanical Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Co workers were all fun to be around and easy to work with and taught me a lot on my internship. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience as a whole as the work life balance was fantastic.
Fun and safe environment
TRADE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2016
Generally my day would consist of driving the forklift and partial welding, cutting, grinding and cleaning the area to ensure it is a safe workplace for myself and others. My coworkers are friendly and share knowledge and skills with me. The management is outstanding and make working at Enerflex very good for me.
Very Good Company
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Enerflex was a very good company and I had a good work experienced in in that company. I'm hardworking and they appreciated what i did, I still want to work in that company but the oil and gas was down, I'm so proud to be a part of Enerflex
Pros
Free Uniform and Good Benefits
Fantastic and Fun
Quality Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta9 August 2016
Great company, with great vision, cares about employees and adapts with each individual to ensure proper balance of efficiency and job quality while not hampering your lifestyle or happiness. Lots of great culture and the people are great!
Overall great place to work, if you work hard and pull your weight, you get nothing but good things in return.
3rd year welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
The typical day at work at Enerflex is great, get there early, get your work clothes on, and talk to your lead hand about the job he wants you on. The people i worked with were amazing, whenever i needed hand with something, a co-worker was right there beside me making sure i was doing it as safely as possible and the right way. I started at Enerflex as a labour worker, cleaning beams, sweeping, etc..., I am now a third year welder and have learned everything i know at enerflex, along with great team skills and maximizing work in a small amount of time. The hardest part of the job, was getting used to the 10 hour shifts as my previous job i only worked 5 and a 1/2. the most enjoyable part of the day, would have to be when you hear your supervisor or lead hand encourage you, or tell you how good of a job you have done.
Pros
benefits, optional weekends, safety is #1
pipefitter
Journeyman Pipefitter/Steamfitter and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
work place was ok but management is very bad
coworker is good i really like the shift 4-10
i dont understand how they can get away on doing thing that is not helping the employee's want to work there or be happy working
they seem to make a lot of there employee's mad
Pros
4-10
Cons
management
Solid Oil & Gas Manufacturing & Design Company
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2016
Good teamwork, talented employees, solid management, some decisions based on more short term goals than long term goals.
Challenging work with collaborative people
EPCM Project, Construction & Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 March 2016
Excellent and challenging work with good load. Typical day at work is updating client scope change and deliver for yesterday. Young co-workers needed mentoring direction between departments. Required warehouse system integration updated because of constantly long searching for parts during fabrication. Interesting continuous improvement process on the go. Sometime I have asked the question to myself if Peter principle was all around (inputting the right people with the right qualification at the right position). I will add that training process was deficient.
Pros
Exciting work
Excellent place to work
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 March 2016
Well managed. Superior support from co-workers and management. Excellent benefits. Lots of training opportunities
Overall good company
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
My experience was good because it gave me a very good lifestyle. Great pay and benefits with overtime available and it allowed me to singlehandedly support my family. I also learned a lot.
Efficient manufacturing shop
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2016
I learned a vast array of skills while working at Enerflex. Wiring devices and panels, welding and metalworking was very interesting and satisfying. Unfortunately, I was often told to not question my instructions and blind obedience was a highly valued trait. There were inconsistent expectations from different levels of management/superiors. Very divided work environment. Despite many different trades working together on a single project, conflicts and rework constantly arose due to a shop wide attitude that each trade should act as an individual unit. Although, I always enjoyed the opportunities to work with the engineers on unique or specially designed systems. I found the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a project completed and knowing how much i had contributed.
Pros
Consistent work hours
Cons
Conflicting expectations from management, Shop air quality (Pumping exhaust into the shop during test runs)
Best Work Team
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2016
Great, Energetic and Positive work Environment.

The Skid/Structural Welding Department has a Solid Group of guys that are easy to work with and learn from. They are Safe and Very Trustworthy. Best Team I've had the Chance to work with.

I would recommend working for this Company to anyone.
Productive environment with passionate people
document control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 January 2016
What I enjoyed most was that no two work days were ever the same. It was a fast paced environment with multiple departments. There was always something to learn and there was opportunity to interact with every level of business from the welders on the floor to the General Manager. I was able to see a project from bidding stage, through fabrication and then inspection and shipping. I personally gained experience in Sales Administration, Quality Control, Document Control and Reception. The hardest part was working through process of our facility closing and remaining professional while retaining a high quality of work.
Pros
Flex-Time, great team of people
Cons
Oil/Gas Industry
Plasma Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
Great place great benefits awesome people. Loved waking up in the morning and going into work everyday plus the owner was very easy going and actually could remember your name.
A flexible and enjoyable workplace.
Applications Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2015
Even during the tough economic time Enerflex tried their best to keep as much of their manpower as possible with alternative plans to lay-offs. Unfortunately they just could not maintain that and I was one of the casualties. Overall Enerflex was very good to me over the nearly 4 years of employment. Management was supportive and accommodating. The team I was a part of was experienced and a pleasure to work with. One of the things I appreciated the most was that when I had some family issues they were very accommodating and allowed me to work from home if needed by assigning me a company laptop. Working as an applications technologist allowed me to see a variety of different projects which kept things interesting. It also allowed me to converse with both clients and vendors, building up a network of contacts.
Busy, fast paced, friendly
Business Partner Analyst, Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2015
Enjoyable company with a wide variety of opportunities to train in all departments. In house training when necessary with excellent management.
ok
HD Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2015
ok to work for good for family life.co workers were great. the best part was something new all the time always learning. I would go back if asked.
outdoor kind of job
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 October 2015
.they always provide a safety training...they always have a variety of tasks on a day to day basis but it was exciting and challenging..
Pros
good people working arounnd with
Cons
poor management