Enerflex Employee Reviews

good at times
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 June 2017
Enerflex/Pamco was a good place to work, when they brought in the 3- Ex Finning guys to run the parts and service division to form Gas Drive it went down hill fast. It also didn't help when they brought over the Toromont sales rep in Medicine Hat. Business revenue dropped quite substantially The new regime showed no loyalty to the long term employees who actually built the company, mostly all were let go
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
new managment awful
A fast paced working environment where Engineers will learn a great deal
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
A typical day at work for an Engineer involves highly demanding schedules which include technical engineering, project management, and interfacing with Production staff.
Organized fun work place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
Enerflex was my all time place of employment, my favourite was the HR director Carol. The CEO's are super friendly and things were always dealt so professionally
RAP Student
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2017
I worked at Enerflex as a RAP student during high school which was beneficial to learning about the field in which I was planning to work in. I enjoyed my short lived time there before I had to return to school.
Beware
B pressure welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2017
My time working for enerflex was somewhere between not bad and bad. Worked for them 2 times collectively for about 3 yrs. Enerflex has maintained a flagging system in their human resources department for the last 20 yrs In Calgary they have run through so many employees over the years they struggle to hire due to their red flag system. Not much of a culture whatsoever but I like to work and not make work a hang out so if you think that way you should be OK. They are the most guilty business for mass hire mass layoff using layoffs as a profit protection program. Don't expect to maintain long term employment as they regularly can't maintain buisness. It's a job but nothing great. If you want trainine forget about it.most buisnesses won't any way and enerflex is terrible that way.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs.mandatory overtime
Good pay.
Red Seal Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Big shop with lots of people working there.
Good pay. Over time in the past. I really enjoyed working for the structural welding department. Good group of guys
Enerflex is a very good company with lot of opportunities for learning
Project Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2017
Enerflex is a fast-paced work environment & projects where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple jobs is the norm, I enjoyed challenges and took pride of my work.
Pros
Chances to learn new things
Cons
Some time overload
I like the 4-10hr shifts.
B Pressure Welder Fitter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
I work as B Pressure Welder Fitter. Very good clean place to work, positive attitude, good work life balance, good bosses. High pay helps but is certainly not everything in life and a good job. Maybe the hardest part of the job is that it is a big place, but there are very good people there.
Pros
Very clean and safe place to work, people are nice.
Cons
Maybe a little big.
decent work for decent pay
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
decent place to work. good place to learn as an apprentice. big place so there is some inefficiency and confusion to deal; with at times. schedule is great.
great place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 January 2017
fun place to work at lots to get better at and lots of training involved in the job. blah blah blah blah hmm i dont know what else to put here cause it was so long ago
Decent company with good work/life balance
APPLICATIONS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
Enerflex is a decent company that strives to accommodate a balanced work/life ethic. Although their hierarchy could use a little restructuring as there tends to be more cooks in the kitchen than is necessary, the management group is knowledgeable and personable. They have a great group of people to work with which tends to make the work days go by relatively quickly.
My review is based on pre recession experience. They laid me off in November 2015 and I cannot comment on their current structure or approach.
enjoyed working for enerflex
Journeyman Machinist (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 November 2016
Good people and company to work for just an unfortunate situation of the oil and gas business . Management was always good at safety being a priority and the shop was kept very clean.
Review
Corporate Services & Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2016
This job was in the oil and gas manufacturing industry and was located in Calgary, Alberta. Enjoyed my time working there.
Great Company, Amazing Team
Mechanical Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Co workers were all fun to be around and easy to work with and taught me a lot on my internship. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience as a whole as the work life balance was fantastic.
Fun and safe environment
TRADE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2016
Generally my day would consist of driving the forklift and partial welding, cutting, grinding and cleaning the area to ensure it is a safe workplace for myself and others. My coworkers are friendly and share knowledge and skills with me. The management is outstanding and make working at Enerflex very good for me.
Very Good Company
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Enerflex was a very good company and I had a good work experienced in in that company. I'm hardworking and they appreciated what i did, I still want to work in that company but the oil and gas was down, I'm so proud to be a part of Enerflex
Pros
Free Uniform and Good Benefits
Fantastic and Fun
Quality Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta9 August 2016
Great company, with great vision, cares about employees and adapts with each individual to ensure proper balance of efficiency and job quality while not hampering your lifestyle or happiness. Lots of great culture and the people are great!
Overall great place to work, if you work hard and pull your weight, you get nothing but good things in return.
3rd year welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
The typical day at work at Enerflex is great, get there early, get your work clothes on, and talk to your lead hand about the job he wants you on. The people i worked with were amazing, whenever i needed hand with something, a co-worker was right there beside me making sure i was doing it as safely as possible and the right way. I started at Enerflex as a labour worker, cleaning beams, sweeping, etc..., I am now a third year welder and have learned everything i know at enerflex, along with great team skills and maximizing work in a small amount of time. The hardest part of the job, was getting used to the 10 hour shifts as my previous job i only worked 5 and a 1/2. the most enjoyable part of the day, would have to be when you hear your supervisor or lead hand encourage you, or tell you how good of a job you have done.
Pros
benefits, optional weekends, safety is #1
pipefitter
Journeyman Pipefitter/Steamfitter and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
work place was ok but management is very bad
coworker is good i really like the shift 4-10
i dont understand how they can get away on doing thing that is not helping the employee's want to work there or be happy working
they seem to make a lot of there employee's mad
Pros
4-10
Cons
management
Solid Oil & Gas Manufacturing & Design Company
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2016
Good teamwork, talented employees, solid management, some decisions based on more short term goals than long term goals.