Enerflex Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 24, 2016
Well managed. Superior support from co-workers and management. Excellent benefits. Lots of training opportunities
Overall good company
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
My experience was good because it gave me a very good lifestyle. Great pay and benefits with overtime available and it allowed me to singlehandedly support my family. I also learned a lot.
Challenging work with collaborative people
EPCM Project, Construction & Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 30, 2016
Excellent and challenging work with good load. Typical day at work is updating client scope change and deliver for yesterday. Young co-workers needed mentoring direction between departments. Required warehouse system integration updated because of constantly long searching for parts during fabrication. Interesting continuous improvement process on the go. Sometime I have asked the question to myself if Peter principle was all around (inputting the right people with the right qualification at the right position). I will add that training process was deficient.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
Overall great place to work, if you work hard and pull your weight, you get nothing but good things in return.
3rd year welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2016
The typical day at work at Enerflex is great, get there early, get your work clothes on, and talk to your lead hand about the job he wants you on. The people i worked with were amazing, whenever i needed hand with something, a co-worker was right there beside me making sure i was doing it as safely as possible and the right way. I started at Enerflex as a labour worker, cleaning beams, sweeping, etc..., I am now a third year welder and have learned everything i know at enerflex, along with great team skills and maximizing work in a small amount of time. The hardest part of the job, was getting used to the 10 hour shifts as my previous job i only worked 5 and a 1/2. the most enjoyable part of the day, would have to be when you hear your supervisor or lead hand encourage you, or tell you how good of a job you have done.
Pros
benefits, optional weekends, safety is #1
Efficient manufacturing shop
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2016
I learned a vast array of skills while working at Enerflex. Wiring devices and panels, welding and metalworking was very interesting and satisfying. Unfortunately, I was often told to not question my instructions and blind obedience was a highly valued trait. There were inconsistent expectations from different levels of management/superiors. Very divided work environment. Despite many different trades working together on a single project, conflicts and rework constantly arose due to a shop wide attitude that each trade should act as an individual unit. Although, I always enjoyed the opportunities to work with the engineers on unique or specially designed systems. I found the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a project completed and knowing how much i had contributed.
Pros
Consistent work hours
Cons
Conflicting expectations from management, Shop air quality (Pumping exhaust into the shop during test runs)
Plasma Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Great place great benefits awesome people. Loved waking up in the morning and going into work everyday plus the owner was very easy going and actually could remember your name.
Very Good Company
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2016
Enerflex was a very good company and I had a good work experienced in in that company. I'm hardworking and they appreciated what i did, I still want to work in that company but the oil and gas was down, I'm so proud to be a part of Enerflex
Pros
Free Uniform and Good Benefits
Fantastic and Fun
Quality Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 9, 2016
Great company, with great vision, cares about employees and adapts with each individual to ensure proper balance of efficiency and job quality while not hampering your lifestyle or happiness. Lots of great culture and the people are great!
pipefitter
Journeyman Pipefitter/Steamfitter and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 7, 2016
work place was ok but management is very bad
coworker is good i really like the shift 4-10
i dont understand how they can get away on doing thing that is not helping the employee's want to work there or be happy working
they seem to make a lot of there employee's mad
Pros
4-10
Cons
management
A flexible and enjoyable workplace.
Applications Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
Even during the tough economic time Enerflex tried their best to keep as much of their manpower as possible with alternative plans to lay-offs. Unfortunately they just could not maintain that and I was one of the casualties. Overall Enerflex was very good to me over the nearly 4 years of employment. Management was supportive and accommodating. The team I was a part of was experienced and a pleasure to work with. One of the things I appreciated the most was that when I had some family issues they were very accommodating and allowed me to work from home if needed by assigning me a company laptop. Working as an applications technologist allowed me to see a variety of different projects which kept things interesting. It also allowed me to converse with both clients and vendors, building up a network of contacts.
Productive environment with passionate people
document control (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 15, 2016
What I enjoyed most was that no two work days were ever the same. It was a fast paced environment with multiple departments. There was always something to learn and there was opportunity to interact with every level of business from the welders on the floor to the General Manager. I was able to see a project from bidding stage, through fabrication and then inspection and shipping. I personally gained experience in Sales Administration, Quality Control, Document Control and Reception. The hardest part was working through process of our facility closing and remaining professional while retaining a high quality of work.
Pros
Flex-Time, great team of people
Cons
Oil/Gas Industry
Best Work Team
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2016
Great, Energetic and Positive work Environment.

The Skid/Structural Welding Department has a Solid Group of guys that are easy to work with and learn from. They are Safe and Very Trustworthy. Best Team I've had the Chance to work with.

I would recommend working for this Company to anyone.
Only good thing is salary, rest is terrible.
Journeyman welder (Former Employee) –  calgary north eastDecember 16, 2013
Not a very fun place to work. Although work is for work and not for fun I expect a more enjoyable workplace environment. Management was sub-par. They expected you to work overtime, even if you have a family. The only real benefit of Enerflex was the salary and compressed work week, but this was somewhat negated by the expected overtime hours. Also, no one knew what they were doing in relation to skid building.
Excellent Work Ethics
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Enerflex is a wonderful company to work for. They have the combination of an excellent work environment, excellent management and excellent team.
The benefits are great.
Management team is very efficient and great to work for.
Busy, fast paced, friendly
Business Partner Analyst, Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
Enjoyable company with a wide variety of opportunities to train in all departments. In house training when necessary with excellent management.
A very good place to work and learn
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2015
At Enerflex, there is a very good culture on knowledge sharing, no matter the person you asked is co-worker or manager, you always can feel they are trying their best to answer your questions. The most enjoyable part of job is you always can learn new stuffs from your daily work; and the hardest part of the job is the schedule for each project is always very tight.
Pros
visit shop to see your design becoming true
Cons
workload is heavy
outdoor kind of job
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 23, 2015
.they always provide a safety training...they always have a variety of tasks on a day to day basis but it was exciting and challenging..
Pros
good people working arounnd with
Cons
poor management
Not very good at all
Management and Field tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJune 10, 2015
Very stressful place to work (lots of extra hours are expected)and poor planning from senior management. No one seems to care about workers safety/improvement or standards and the direction of the company seems to change by the month. Mass lay offs in Alberta as well.
Pros
Its a job? Pay is ok.
Cons
Hours/Stress/Management/company saftey culture/acountablity
Great safety program
Journeyman/Red Seal Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
This was a good company to spend some time at. The pay was good & expansion to a bigger shop facilitated the ease to continue work on bigger projects without compromise to safety initiatives, & standards.
Pros
hard working collegues
Cons
poor social skills by skid bay supervisor
Fun and great place to work
Finance Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Plenty of opportunities for career growth and progression. I will recommend this company to anyone looking to build a career in IT and Engineering