Enerflex Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
Working for Enerflex was amazing. hours were perfect and everyone i worked with was great. i was laid off which i knew everyone was sad to see me go. once things picked up again i was the first in the department i was in to get a job again. unfortunately i decided to go to school and pursue a different career. i do believe if i ever wanted a job again they would find something for me.
productive and fun workplace
Apprentice/Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
great team culture. friendly coworkers. Nice big indoor facility. you learn a lot here. big lunch room, change rooms. food trucks come around if you didnt bring a lunch. you learn about gas compression and generation. the process and the controls. automated systems.
Productive work place
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
I enjoyed the time I spent in my apprenticeship there. The journemen were willing to teach me in the trade I was in. The foreman were great and so was the upper management.
Very good, made lots of good friends.
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2017
I made many good friends there at Enerflex. The most enjoyable part is when everyone finishes the final coat and it's time to rest. The hardest part is when we're cleaning up after work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
When the economy went down and started laying off people
Best Job I have ever had
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
Enerflex is an awesome company!!! I am so impressed with the management and how they treat the employees. Very organized and safe. Excellent co-workers, great pay and benefits. It was a sad day when the economy turned and many of us got laid off. however Enerflex did their best to keep their employees until it became a last resort. I would work here again in a heart beat.
Great Job
JOURNEYMAN PIPEFITTER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years and was laid off in the last economic downturn. but they paid me for my schooling , gave me great benefits, and had a equal share rrsp program.
Great job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK5 September 2017
I really enjoyed my job here, loved the variety and doing payroll. The people were great and there was constant upgrading.

Had to leave as I was moving.
Excellent Compression Shop
Eng (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2017
A quality focused shop that did a good job providing job work/life balance. Difficult industry to have job security. Most employees hard working and helpful.
Pros
Salary, Balance, Culture
Cons
Job Security
good at times
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 June 2017
Enerflex/Pamco was a good place to work, when they brought in the 3- Ex Finning guys to run the parts and service division to form Gas Drive it went down hill fast. It also didn't help when they brought over the Toromont sales rep in Medicine Hat. Business revenue dropped quite substantially The new regime showed no loyalty to the long term employees who actually built the company, mostly all were let go
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
new managment awful
Values based organization
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2017
Good place to work, lots of change which can be opportunities to try new things and get out of your comfort zone.
Culture of accountability, honest hard work is expected and extra effort is typically recognised.

Want to know more about Enerflex?

Ask a question
A fast paced working environment where Engineers will learn a great deal
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
A typical day at work for an Engineer involves highly demanding schedules which include technical engineering, project management, and interfacing with Production staff.
Organized fun work place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
Enerflex was my all time place of employment, my favourite was the HR director Carol. The CEO's are super friendly and things were always dealt so professionally
RAP Student
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2017
I worked at Enerflex as a RAP student during high school which was beneficial to learning about the field in which I was planning to work in. I enjoyed my short lived time there before I had to return to school.
Beware
B pressure welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2017
My time working for enerflex was somewhere between not bad and bad. Worked for them 2 times collectively for about 3 yrs. Enerflex has maintained a flagging system in their human resources department for the last 20 yrs In Calgary they have run through so many employees over the years they struggle to hire due to their red flag system. Not much of a culture whatsoever but I like to work and not make work a hang out so if you think that way you should be OK. They are the most guilty business for mass hire mass layoff using layoffs as a profit protection program. Don't expect to maintain long term employment as they regularly can't maintain buisness. It's a job but nothing great. If you want trainine forget about it.most buisnesses won't any way and enerflex is terrible that way.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs.mandatory overtime
Good pay.
Red Seal Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Big shop with lots of people working there.
Good pay. Over time in the past. I really enjoyed working for the structural welding department. Good group of guys
Enerflex is a very good company with lot of opportunities for learning
Project Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2017
Enerflex is a fast-paced work environment & projects where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple jobs is the norm, I enjoyed challenges and took pride of my work.
Pros
Chances to learn new things
Cons
Some time overload
I like the 4-10hr shifts.
B Pressure Welder Fitter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
I work as B Pressure Welder Fitter. Very good clean place to work, positive attitude, good work life balance, good bosses. High pay helps but is certainly not everything in life and a good job. Maybe the hardest part of the job is that it is a big place, but there are very good people there.
Pros
Very clean and safe place to work, people are nice.
Cons
Maybe a little big.
decent work for decent pay
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
decent place to work. good place to learn as an apprentice. big place so there is some inefficiency and confusion to deal; with at times. schedule is great.
great place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 January 2017
fun place to work at lots to get better at and lots of training involved in the job. blah blah blah blah hmm i dont know what else to put here cause it was so long ago
Decent company with good work/life balance
APPLICATIONS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
Enerflex is a decent company that strives to accommodate a balanced work/life ethic. Although their hierarchy could use a little restructuring as there tends to be more cooks in the kitchen than is necessary, the management group is knowledgeable and personable. They have a great group of people to work with which tends to make the work days go by relatively quickly.
My review is based on pre recession experience. They laid me off in November 2015 and I cannot comment on their current structure or approach.