Endako Mines, a joint venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. And Sojitz Moly Resources Inc. is currently recruiting a full time Senior Process Control Engineer.
Endako Mines is a 52,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake, allowing our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast. In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12. There is a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians. For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at www.endakomines.com or www.thompsoncreekmetals.com. For more information on our village, visit http://stuartnechako.ca/fraser-lake/.
Our full-time employees receive a competitive wage and benefit package that includes moving expense assistance. Both company and private rental accommodations are available locally at reasonable rates. This position requires the successful candidate to re-locate.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, systems integration, testing and on-site start-up.
- Identify technologies to be used for new applications and extensions of current architectures.
- Develop operations/safety manuals and procedures.
- Function as a controls leader and provide technical direction.
- Monitor plant performance with consultation from operations and maintenance personnel to identify, screen and develop proposals for improving plant recovery, reliability and safety.
- Travel will be required for this position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B. Sc. Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Process Control Engineering or mining related discipline with 5 – 10 years related experience.
- Proven experience with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, etc.
- Proven experience with any of the following DCS Systems: Emerson DeltaV, ABB, Foxboro, Honeywell
- Proven experience with any of the following HMI or SCADA software packages: Emerson DeltaV, Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, etc.
- Proven ability to apply advanced programming theory to practical field level instruments.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, supported by senior level inter-personal skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
Preference will be given to applicants that are:
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer, or equivalent in the province of British Columbia.
Indeed - 23 months ago